**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I attended this event last night. I also attended the DHS version on 12/8 and the MK version on 12/3. They’re all great events, but I still feel like MK is the biggest bang for your buck. To be fair, last night I was with someone who gets slightly motion sick on FOP so we really only did each ride once plus ROL, but we were done an hour before the event ended.

What I found to be most interesting about the DAK event was that they were checking wristbands going into Pandora for most of the night. At MK they were only checking at attractions/snack carts, and at DHS they only checked when we entered TSL at the very beginning of the event (plus at rides/snack carts). We didn’t make it to Pandora until an hour into DAH and they were still checking wristbands at the land entrance. Makes sense to me as there’s the drummers for entertainment and the land itself is still somewhat new (and vastly different at night vs day). Thought it was a nice touch to prevent day guests from crowding the land too much for pictures and such during DAH.

There were only four other people on the bus with us last night coming home. Rode each of the pandora rides twice, everest 6 times, dinosaur once, and spent a good bit of time walking around pandora and the dino party with my dd. Weather was really nice. We all had a blast. Hopefully the Hollywood Studio one is just as good.
Glad you had a good time!

Does anyone know where you can get wrist bands in the park. I will be spending part of the afternoon in AK and having dinner at Tiffins.

Does anyone know where you can get wrist bands in the park. I will be spending part of the afternoon in AK and having dinner at Tiffins.

Wrist bands were given out across from the entrance to It’s Tough to Be a Bug, beginning at 7 PM. Very convenient to Tiffins!

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I've not had time to read the whole thread yet - were Primeval Whirl and Kali River Rapids open for DAH?

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I've not had time to read the whole thread yet - were Primeval Whirl and Kali River Rapids open for DAH?

No, both were closed. Triceratop Spin was open, though!

BTW DH & I rode PW at 7:55 with no wait, and when we got off the DAH treats were being given out, so it was almost as if it were part of the event!

We did AK after hours last night. It was more crowded than we expected but still awesome. We spent all day in AK and did the Tiffins' Lion King / Safari package. We had a 6:30 Yak & Yeti dinner so right after that we picked up our wristbands in Discovery island. We did the dino dumbo ride and then rode Dinosaur. We went to Everest and rode 3 times until my stomach got queasy. We went to Pandora and rode Navi twice and then went to FOP. FOP took a long time. We had ridden earlier with a FP and it was much faster. We waited about 15-20 minutes to get into the debug room. Not bad considering the standby line was over 4 hours when we used our FP earlier. The second time through the wait was much shorter. Maybe 10 minutes. After that we rode Navi one more time and then decided to head out as I was still feeling queasy.

One thing I would recommend, start at Everest or Dinoland. All of that was walk on starting at 8:00. When we arrived at Pandora a little after nine, day guest were still exiting FOP. We also only found one treat place (just wanted a water after getting queasy). We did not see one in Asia or anywhere between there and just before Pandora. We enjoyed the after hours. Rode the Triceratop Spin once, Dinosaur once, Everest 3 times, Navi 3 times and FOP twice. We left the park around 10:25 so still had an hour we could have ridden if my stomach wasn't upset. It was great and I definitely see value in it for us, especially with the parks being so busy right now.

Will thread OP be posting a definitive location list of food/bev carts?

I can, but need the ongoing assistance and detailed notes from fellow DISers who have attended. I've attempted to do this in the past at MK but they've moved / used different carts at times so it becomes difficult to maintain with 100% accuracy. But happy to if enough accurate info can be accumulated.

We'll be at DHS before heading over to Animal Kingdom and I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth arriving at Animal Kingdom at 7. I guess I'm not sure what there is to do at that point (rides, characters, shows, etc.) that isn't already closed for the day or that you couldn't do once the event starts at 8:30. Well, there's Primeval Whirl, but is there anything else to fill that time?

I think 3 hours (8:30-11:30) will be plenty of time to do what we want to accomplish given what's open. I just want to make sure we wouldn't be missing anything by arriving 1.5 hours "late."

We'll be at DHS before heading over to Animal Kingdom and I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth arriving at Animal Kingdom at 7. I guess I'm not sure what there is to do at that point (rides, characters, shows, etc.) that isn't already closed for the day or that you couldn't do once the event starts at 8:30. Well, there's Primeval Whirl, but is there anything else to fill that time?

I think 3 hours (8:30-11:30) will be plenty of time to do what we want to accomplish given what's open. I just want to make sure we wouldn't be missing anything by arriving 1.5 hours "late."

Maybe Rivers of Light at 7:30?

Not sure of the ages in your party or if so inclined, but you’d find me at Nomad Lounge during that extra time. :-)

You could do the safari or Kali River Rapids.

Earlier someone mentioned that the Safari is closing early lately? FWIW If the safari is operating after dark, we would do that. Kali depends of weather for us.

We'll leave the Nomad Lounge for others to enjoy! A couple of the small plates sound good, but we wouldn't drink anything so it's probably not worth it.

According to the attraction hours, the Safari closes at 6:30 the day we're there (1/16) and Kali will be down for refurbishment. We might still just show up at Animal Kingdom at 7. We'll have been at DHS since 7 that morning and will probably be sick of the place by the evening!

We'll leave the Nomad Lounge for others to enjoy! A couple of the small plates sound good, but we wouldn't drink anything so it's probably not worth it.

According to the attraction hours, the Safari closes at 6:30 the day we're there (1/16) and Kali will be down for refurbishment. We might still just show up at Animal Kingdom at 7. We'll have been at DHS since 7 that morning and will probably be sick of the place by the evening!

Don’t mean to pry, but what are your dinner plans? Eating somewhere at DHS before heading to AK?

One thing I’ve learned with DAH is I like to have a nice/bigger meal that evening before the event just to fuel up for the night, so to speak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!