**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Well we went for it and got plane tickets!!! We are coming down January 28 and staying until February 3. Flying down with Frontier for $28 each and flying back with Southwest paid with points so cost us $0. We did pay for early bird check in and bags/seats for Frontier so the total came out to around $250 together which is pretty darn good! We plan to go to the AK DAH on 1/31, but we haven't bought tickets yet because we are going to get discounted Disney gcs first. I can't believe we made the choice and are doing the trifecta!!!

The AK DAH events are scheduled with a 30 minute "gap" or "buffer" between park closing and the start of the DAH event. While we don't know why they set the AK and DHS events up this way, I'm assuming it was to give ride lines a chance to filter through for the bigger headliners like FoP (and SDD in the case of DHS).

Is there any downside to the 30 minute gap/buffer? All the rides that will be open for the DAH event don't close between 8-8:30, correct? Understand there are still day time guests in the queue but more should not be able to enter the queue after 8, while DAH ticket holders can still get on.
I could see Disney not giving out the free food or starting the dance party until 8:30, but that is not what I've seen reported and if it was true seems very minor.
Anything I'm missing?

Is there any downside to the 30 minute gap/buffer? All the rides that will be open for the DAH event don't close between 8-8:30, correct? Understand there are still day time guests in the queue but more should not be able to enter the queue after 8, while DAH ticket holders can still get on.
I could see Disney not giving out the free food or starting the dance party until 8:30, but that is not what I've seen reported and if it was true seems very minor.
Anything I'm missing?

We need more time/experience to know for sure how this plays out over a longer period of dates, but I don’t really think there is much downside that I can see. Seems like a real win for DAH guests from what I can tell.

I am not sure that rides are open from 8:00 to 8:30? Based on the 1st page they are doing a second showing of ROL at 8:15. Can we assume that they will not allow people in the theater unless they have paid for DAH? I am going to be in the park that afternoon, so I will have to pick up by bracelet in the park after dinner at Tiffins. My plan was then to go see ROL and then Everest and Dinosaur. I figured by not going right to FOP and Navi the daytime guests will have left.

I am not sure that rides are open from 8:00 to 8:30? Based on the 1st page they are doing a second showing of ROL at 8:15. Can we assume that they will not allow people in the theater unless they have paid for DAH? I am going to be in the park that afternoon, so I will have to pick up by bracelet in the park after dinner at Tiffins. My plan was then to go see ROL and then Everest and Dinosaur. I figured by not going right to FOP and Navi the daytime guests will have left.

Yes, rides have been open for DAH ticket holders during the 8-8:30pm ‘buffer’ time from reports.

At times, both DHS and DAK have nighttime entertainment that occurs after park closing. This is a pretty normal part of the park schedules at those parks.

In the example where you see RoL at 8:15pm for the Feb dates, that showing is available to all guests.

It’s similar to the setup at DHS for my DAH night from mid-December: Park closed at 8pm, F! had a show at 8pm, JBJB was at 8:30pm, DAH hours were 8:30-11:30pm.

Depending on the entertainment schedule and event hours on any given date, sometimes DAH at DHS and DAK are going to have shows that happen at park closing, during the ‘buffer’ time, or even at the start of the DAH event, in some cases.

Wow, a lot of acronyms in this post. :-)

Anyone going tonight? I'm excited for the 16th! Interested to know if any adjustments have been made since there's been a couple week gap of no events!

We are here waiting for RoL in the VIP section. Wondering where we pick up our wrist bands without having to leave the park since we have APs and gotbhere early for dinner at Tiffins. Any ideas? I can’t find that info.

We are here waiting for RoL in the VIP section. Wondering where we pick up our wrist bands without having to leave the park since we have APs and gotbhere early for dinner at Tiffins. Any ideas? I can’t find that info.

From what other's reviews have said, you should be able to at the Ticket Corner by Discovery Trading.

So we attended tonight, 1/8. Group of 8 (4 kids 6yo-12yo and 4 adults).

-We got there about 7:35-7:40, checked in up front.
-Went to Dinoland. Kids danced at dance party for a few.
-Right before 8pm (park closing) older kids did the Primevil whirl, DH and I took DS on Dino Dumbo (2xs).
-Dinosaur, we were there about 8:15. Ride was down, said they had to clear out day guest. Opened about 8:25. Rode 1x
-Everest 3x, walk on each time
-Ice cream bars and cups of popcorn at bar beside Everest. Drink were small cups, no bottles. Some of us grabbed drinks/small cups of popcorn from another stand on way to Pandora.
-9:25p FOP 1x (took 45min)
-Navi (walk on but alot of people boats were full)
-Back to FOP(30min)
-sisters kids shopped and bought a banshee, we got a pretzel at pongo pongo (think that's what it's called, didn't have free drinks or anything)
-Kids wanted to do EE one more time, on way out of pandora they had a cart set up with bottled drinks, ice cream and boxed popcorn. Didnt see that anywhere else.
-EE once more right at 11:30 (4th time total).

Overall, it wasn't as empty as I thought it might be. Walk ways were sparse but pandora esp had lots of people in lines. We had a nice time, but I can see where MK or HS would offer more, just because there is more to do within a smaller area. Fewer amount of rides and more walking at AK.

I felt like the food stands were sparse, only saw 3. 2 of those were only doing small cups of popcorn and small sized fountain drinks along with the ice cream. Only the one outside of Pandora had bottled drinks and boxed popcorn.

We enjoyed our time, kids thought it was great, but I'm not sure it was a great value (even with our AP discount).

ETA: It was very nice to be in and see Pandora without all of the throngs of people. It is a beautiful land!

Last edited:

-Right before 8pm (park closing) older kids did the Primevil whirl, DH and I took DS on Dino Dumbo (2xs).
-Dinosaur, we were there about 8:15. Ride was down, said they had to clear out day guest. Opened about 8:25. Rode 1x
-Ice cream bars and cups of popcorn at bar beside Everest. Drink were small cups, no bottles. Some of us grabbed drinks/small cups pf popcorn from another stand on way to Pandora.
-FOP 1x (took 45min)
-Back to FOP(30min)
-sisters kids shopped and bought a banshee, we got a pretzel at pongo pongo (think that's what it's called, didn't have free drinks or anything)
-Kids wanted to do EE one more time, on way out of pandora they had a cart set up with bottled drinks, ice cream and boxed popcorn. Didnt see that anywhere else.

Overall, it wasn't as empty as I thought it might be. Walk ways were sparse but pandora esp had lots of people in lines. We had a nice time, but I can see where MK or HS would offer more, just because there is more to do within a smaller area. Fewer amount of rides and more walking at AK.

I felt like the food stands were sparse, only saw 3. 2 of those were only doing small cups of popcorn and small sized fountain drinks along with the ice cream. Only the one outside of Pandora had bottled drinks and boxed popcorn.

We enjoyed our time, kids thought it was great, but I'm not sure it was a great value.
Do you remember what time you got to Pandora? That’s pretty disappointing to see that long of a wait for fop

Do you remember what time you got to Pandora? That’s pretty disappointing to see that long of a wait for fop

Yes, sorry. We got in line at 9:25. We walked thru FP line to the loading area. Which was full. It was basically like any other day with a FP. First go round we were on bottom right hand side which seems to be where they do ECV transfers, alot of ECVs, they were loading them first. So that was the hold up. It always seems to take 30-45min with a FP, so I was prepared for that.

Yes, sorry. We got in line at 9:25. We walked thru FP line to the loading area. Which was full. It was basically like any other day with a FP. First go round we were on bottom right hand side which seems to be where they do ECV transfers, alot of ECVs, they were loading them first. So that was the hold up. It always seems to take 30-45min with a FP, so I was prepared for that.
Okay good to know. Maybe if we go through closer to close we will be okay. I honestly wouldn’t wait 45 min for fop.

-Back to FOP(30min)

......Fewer amount of rides and more walking at AK.

We enjoyed our time, kids thought it was great, but I'm not sure it was a great value (even with our AP discount).

ETA: It was very nice to be in and see Pandora without all of the throngs of people. It is a beautiful land!

This is exactly what I've been wondering about, thanks for posting! So, for a three hour event you spent half that time (1.5 hrs) in line for FOP. That definitely doesn't seem worth the price. Add to that AK is so large and spread out there seems to be a lot of time eaten up by just walking back and forth.
Dates for May aren't open yet so I'm still gathering information before we decide if we're going to do it or not.

On another note.... I agree Pandora really is beautiful at night with not many people around! In September DH and I did FOP at park close and came out to a practically empty Pandora.

I noticed the MK DAH there were reports of being let in around 6:30. Any changes at AK DAH reported?

Great report! Thanks for posting! Glad to read EE is mostly a walk on, that's the ride if we went we'd want to do the most as it's my 5 year old's favorite. My husband is too tall for FoP and doesn't fit on it and my son has autism and finds Dinosaur to be too loud. I'd pay the money to ride EE 4-5x with low waits and maybe do Navi 1-2x so this report is helpful for our family. Thanks for writing it!

-Ice cream bars and cups of popcorn at bar beside Everest. Drink were small cups, no bottles. Some of us grabbed drinks/small cups pf popcorn from another stand on way to Pandora.
-Back to FOP(30min)

Okay good to know. Maybe if we go through closer to close we will be okay. I honestly wouldn’t wait 45 min for fop.

To do it in less than 30 would be impressive. It just takes a while in general with the 2 holding rooms, so waiting any amount of time in the loading area will make total experience time around 30min. We were annoyed we got held up the first time through as we waited in the loading area a good 20min or so, but that seemed to be due to the ECV situation.

Great report! Thanks for posting! Glad to read EE is mostly a walk on, that's the ride if we went we'd want to do the most as it's my 5 year old's favorite. My husband is too tall for FoP and doesn't fit on it and my son has autism and finds Dinosaur to be too loud. I'd pay the money to ride EE 4-5x with low waits and maybe do Navi 1-2x so this report is helpful for our family. Thanks for writing it!

I reaallly don't think I would pay for for this event just for EE. We've ridden EE 3x in a row at park closing on other nights, several times in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!