**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

SDD is working now and everyone that is attending is in line for it. Not how I thought this would go.
sorry to hear this! so do you think they sold more tickets for the party than they should have? We have this booked next Saturday and now I'm worried about the amount of people that let in.

Edited: because I don't know my days :)

Last edited:
sorry to hear this! so do you think they sold more tickets for the party than they should have? We have this booked next Friday and now I'm worried about the amount of people that let in.
I will say that I attended the Animal Kingdom dah on the 12th and to me it seemed less crowded. It is kind of deceiving because the main ride went down
(Slinky) and of course all other rides had waits and were more crowded.

Manageable but definitely not the walk-ons you read about on the first night. In my 20+ visits to WDW, this is the most disappointed I’ve been. :(
I would go to guest services after the event. They advertise "You'll enjoy little-to-no-wait times at" then it list all the rides and greets.

I would go to guest services after the event. They advertise "You'll enjoy little-to-no-wait times at" then it list all the rides and greets.

Yes, AND the fine print says "All attractions, experiences, entertainment and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice."

That's not to say it's not massively disappointing. But they've covered themselves. It's still worth asking if there can be something done.

Thank you to everyone who helped with the ticket info. Disney guest services took care of it for us by letting us change the date to a party in January.

Currently on the Uber home from tonight’s event at Hollywood.

1. Along with everyone else, it was a disappointment. I didn’t expect walk ons but Slinky being broken down for half of the party changed the vibes.
I saw children upset and adults reacting like children. When it finally opened, it was 40 min wait and dropped to about 15 mins by 11:30.
We rode
Tower 1x
Rockin’ 1x
Mania 2x
Slinky 1x
Saucers 1x
And Watching Jingle Bell Jam

Also, the snack offerings were weird. I did an MK AH this summer and snacks were plenty and easy to find. For Hollywood, you have to search for them, and some gave you fountain drinks. Which made it difficult to walk and snack. Some carts sat in the dark, we only knew they offered something because there was a line.

Other stations offered bottles but started “running out” by 10:45 but it wasn’t that busy.

I feel duped and I can’t put my finger on why. I guess because it was just okay and the set backs threw us off.

Here’s hoping they fix it in the future.

Oh gosh, i hope they iron out some of these wrinkles, though I guess DAH at the MK had some wrinkles at first that got ironed out. I just bought a ticket for Feb 9th, so....here's hoping!

I feel duped, too, given what people on night 1 experienced.

We rode:

ToT 2x (had to sit through the preshow)
RnR 1x (no preshow)
Watched the projection show on ToT
TSMM 2x (both walk-on)
SS 2x (walk-on and a short two minute wait)
SD 2x (10-15 minute wait both times)
Olaf (1 family in front of us)
Star Tours 1x (walk-on)
Woody/Jessie (waited maybe 8 minutes; 5 families in front of us)

I agree that food snacks were difficult to find, and they were running out of bottled water and ice (at one booth kind of near Launch Bay) before the event ended.

The vibe was weird, and honestly, some of the CMs in food service seemed super cranky.

The best part of the night was when SD finally opened and also watching the 7:30 Frozen Singalong. We saw the best cast in a while.

I feel duped, too, given what people on night 1 experienced.

We rode:

ToT 2x (had to sit through the preshow)
RnR 1x (no preshow)
Watched the projection show on ToT
TSMM 2x (both walk-on)
SS 2x (walk-on and a short two minute wait)
SD 2x (10-15 minute wait both times)
Olaf (1 family in front of us)
Star Tours 1x (walk-on)
Woody/Jessie (waited maybe 8 minutes; 5 families in front of us)

I agree that food snacks were difficult to find, and they were running out of bottled water and ice (at one booth kind of near Launch Bay) before the event ended.

The vibe was weird, and honestly, some of the CMs in food service seemed super cranky.

The best part of the night was when SD finally opened and also watching the 7:30 Frozen Singalong. We saw the best cast in a while.

Was ToT at the beginning of the night? is that why they made you sit through the preshow? Weird that they wouldn't let you skip it.

Had a great night at the event.
To start you can get your event bands inside the park. Corner of Sunset and Hollywood they give them out.

At 8:30 picked up first ice cream and coke and headed to meet star wars characters. Met all of them and took in the Star Wars theater show (no one else was in the room with us) . All walk ins no wait.

From there headed to Aerosmith and ToT. Again all walk on no wait. So we rode each 3 times. Time for popcorn and more ice cream.

Next up was Olaf, Minnie, and Mickey. No wait.

Next was Buzz meet and had maybe 5 minute wait (already met Jessie and Woody earlier in the day still had 15 min wait I would guess around 10:45)

After that we fit in Midway Mania which was a walk on and then finished up the night in line for Slinky with est 30 min wait. Had enough time to jump in line once more before they closed it.

I didn't know about Slinky being down so from my prospective this was well worth it.

Last edited:
My girlfriend and I just experienced the After Hours party at Hollywood Studios on the 8th of December. We did a Magic Kingdom After Hours two years ago, and that was amazing, so we thought with what little time we had, we would take advantage of the extra hours!!! We had a 7:35pm reservation at Sci-Fi, which was a mistake. So full, couldn't enjoy as much ice cream and soda (and alcohol) as I wanted. I'm sorry to everyone else saying they had disappointing experiences. We enjoyed strolling through an empty park mostly. Even the Grand Park area was open to walk around in. The Sunset Seasons projections are amazing!! We rode Slinky 2x (5-10min wait), Aliens 1x (walk-on), and ToT 2x (13 min wait :p). Unfortunately my girlfriends head was bruised from a previous night so we avoided RnR.

Disclaimer: We totally thought it was worth it!!! (My gf is also a Disney California Adventure cast member. $62 party tix vs. $125 normal price).

Just back from WDW and catching up on the thread. DW and I were there last night (12/15). I’d say our experience was along the lines of @MjrDucky’s comments above. All-in-all we enjoyed it and thought it was worth it for how we like to do the parks. It didn’t have the ‘wow’ factor for me that MK DAH does, but in full disclosure DHS is kind of my least favorite park and I don’t get as excited for the park or the rides/lands there as I do the other parks.

We hit TSL mid-event so only saw the tail end of SDD being down. We kind of got lucky in we were nearby when it re-opened and had a <10 min wait... looked like the line spiked after that as word spread. We didn’t want or need to ride multiple times so not sure what wait times were like for the rest of the event. I do think SDD being down early created some lumpiness in the crowd level in the land as people hit other things. At one point TSL had a bit of a non-DAH feeling to it, likely attributable to SDD being down.

Other than that we didn’t wait in a line all night, even when SDD was down. At most just a handful of people. The only material line we passed on was Woodie and Jessie, which probably had 20ish folks in line (too much for me) when we walked by while SDD was down. Buzz had a decent line when we first walked in (SDD closed) but when we left the land (SDD open) he was standing there all alone.

No issues with snacks or beverage carts, I actually thought they were pretty abundant. Frankly better than MK DAH in terms of spacing (admittedly a smaller park).

This isn’t ‘worth’ the price tag but getting to watch all of the Sunset Seasons Greetings snippets on a mostly empty Sunset Boulevard was a great holiday treat. It was our first time seeing this and we thought it was very well done.

Need to sit down and get my full timeline/thoughts in order, but those are my initial thoughts.

BTW, after having now done this, I will raise my hand in saying this should be a little cheaper than MK (in my humble opinion). We didn't even stay the whole time last night as we were pretty much done. MK is just such an opposite feeling as it'd be hard to do everything even if you tried.

I'm glad we did DHS DAH... but the 'value' is definitely stronger at MK, for us at least. Like for example, I'd gladly do MK DAH a couple, maybe even a few times each year. I think I'm good with DHS just every year or so... I don't have this burning "let's do that again" feeling. That's not saying it wasn't worth it, it's just different than how we have started to feel about MK DAH.

BTW, after having now done this, I will raise my hand in saying this should be a little cheaper than MK (in my humble opinion). We didn't even stay the whole time last night as we were pretty much done. MK is just such an opposite feeling as it'd be hard to do everything even if you tried.

I'm glad we did DHS DAH... but the 'value' is definitely stronger at MK, for us at least. Like for example, I'd gladly do MK DAH a couple, maybe even a few times each year. I think I'm good with DHS just every year or so... I don't have this burning "let's do that again" feeling. That's not saying it wasn't worth it, it's just different than how we have started to feel about MK DAH.
It sounds like it would be more beneficial for those who don’t visit as often and/or have a short trip.

Yes, this is definitely true.

Also more beneficial to people who count the rides that are open among their favorites across all of WDW. My teens especially love TOT and could ride that several times in a row with occasional breaks at RnRc and TSM. We've never ridden SDD yet, but I expect it will be right up there for them as well based on ride reviews I've seen posted.

Also more beneficial to people who count the rides that are open among their favorites across all of WDW. My teens especially love TOT and could ride that several times in a row with occasional breaks at RnRc and TSM. We've never ridden SDD yet, but I expect it will be right up there for them as well based on ride reviews I've seen posted.
We aren’t teens but I think tot and rnrc are some of the best if not the best rides at Disney. Slinky is also super cute and fun. I could actually see the value of dah at hs for us because we like those three rides a lot and Dh has this strange fondness of the alien saucers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!