Disney After Hours in December, are they testing the waters here?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
During the week of December 2nd and 8th the Magic Kingdom is only open for two nights with a normal ticket, with the addition of Disney After Hours on December 3rd and the 10th. I wonder why they added DAH for just those two nights and not during any nights in October or November? It seems like a very popular ticket so I get that, but I wonder if this trend will continue in the future with expanded dates during the holiday season?

I'm sure if Disney could make five out of seven nights a hard ticket event all year round they would. I am just wondering if they might be testing the waters out with doing it during those first two weeks in December? If it stays at the same price point I might even consider it in the future during the holiday season, if they do indeed expand in the future. So what do you think? In the future, could the months of September-December see numerous weeks, if not most, only having two nights at the Magic Kingdom available with a regular theme park ticket admission?

Not sure, but I know the first week of Dec is the highest demand week for DVC and Moonlight Magic fell on Dec 4 and 11 last year.

During the week of December 2nd and 8th the Magic Kingdom is only open for two nights with a normal ticket, with the addition of Disney After Hours on December 3rd and the 10th. I wonder why they added DAH for just those two nights and not during any nights in October or November? It seems like a very popular ticket so I get that, but I wonder if this trend will continue in the future with expanded dates during the holiday season?

I'm sure if Disney could make five out of seven nights a hard ticket event all year round they would. I am just wondering if they might be testing the waters out with doing it during those first two weeks in December? If it stays at the same price point I might even consider it in the future during the holiday season, if they do indeed expand in the future. So what do you think? In the future, could the months of September-December see numerous weeks, if not most, only having two nights at the Magic Kingdom available with a regular theme park ticket admission?

The After Hours doesn't start until 10:00 in December and Happily Ever After is shown at 9:00. So it's not the same as the party nights which close at 6:00 with no Happily Ever After. It probably would have closed at 10:00 even without After Hours.

The After Hours doesn't start until 10:00 in December and Happily Ever After is shown at 9:00. So it's not the same as the party nights which close at 6:00 with no Happily Ever After. It probably would have closed at 10:00 even without After Hours.
That may be a good point there. I just wonder why they haven't added more in say November?

I just hope these stay small events and don't become as crowded as the parties currently are. I would love to do after hours, but it hasn't fallen on any of our trip dates yet.

I just hope these stay small events and don't become as crowded as the parties currently are. I would love to do after hours, but it hasn't fallen on any of our trip dates yet.
Right, the key to them retaining their popularity is the low crowds. I think Disney could go up on the price some, and they have for 2019, but they must keep the crowd levels low in order to feel as if the ticket is worth it, I'm assume. If I plan on trying one out in the future I will really be reading up on reviews of the current parties and how the crowd levels will feel before I commit to one.

We are in Disney Nov 5-12 this year and I would love a DAH event! But / I assume that they are too busy with the finishing touches on the Christmas transformation to have such an event during our stay..

I think it’s a great add to December - I would really like to see it year round! Right now we have APs but we don’t always have them. We are DVC so go back at least once (sometimes 2-3 times) each year and an after hours event could be a perfect alternative to a park ticket for us. We still have several non- expiring tickets and oodles of water park tickets we could piece together. Plus - we really miss the low crowds we used to get in septmeber and our DAH experience would be a great way to get back to that and bust thru our favorite rides fast!!

Even though I haven't been to one, from what I have read, DAH does seem like a good opportunity to get low crowds in the parks like we use to see years ago. Hopefully that won't change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter