**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

so if HEA is at 9, there will be regular day guests still in park until the show is over? is that correct?

Maybe someone has clarified, but day guests can be in the park until the park closes or until after HEA, whichever is last. So if the park closes at 9 and HEA is also at 9, then guests can stay until after the fireworks. If HEA is at 9 but the park isn't closed until 10, then day guests can stay until 10.

Just one thing to point out about the day guests and timing. This won’t be a lot of people but I purchased HEA After Dessert party tickets for 6/6 way before the after hours event was announced. It will be DD and I, and the plan was to stay in dessert area through the Kiss Goodnight which I have never heard. I wasn’t thinking about an after hours event being added. I’m bummed we actually won’t be there for the closing and Kiss, and we won’t be able to make it back over to the MK any other night. Once this was announced I spoke with DSS to make sure we would be rushed out of the terrace as I have read on the DIS folks stay for the after dessert party until 10:30 or so. Sounds like that night may be crazy and just getting from the garden viewing area to the Terrace May put us at 9:45 just starting with the food portion. So if you see 2 short blonde mom and daughter with a dessert party wristband leaving down Main Street later than 10 don’t worry we aren’t crashing!

DAH for MK is now showing as only available thru May on the WDW website. Does anyone know what is going on with that? Thanks!

Duh, never mind, just realized they don’t go on sale til 4/29. I thought I remembered seeing them on sale before, but I guess not!

We will be in the park the day after tickets go on sale. Does anyone know if I can buy tickets on Main Street? More as a fun memory to have, and also because we'll be traveling with spotty internet on the big day (April 29).

We will be in the park the day after tickets go on sale. Does anyone know if I can buy tickets on Main Street? More as a fun memory to have, and also because we'll be traveling with spotty internet on the big day (April 29).
I would imagine you could stop at City Hall once the tickets go on sale. Any concierge or ticket window should be able to sell them to you if you won't have good cell service or Wi-Fi.

When tickets go on sale next week, will it be 7am EDT online?
Anxious to know, as well. I teach middle school, and we are in the middle of standardized testing! We have to pick up materials by 7:00 and can’t have computers on, so I told my DD she must be up and ready to buy for June 6th!!

Anxious to know, as well. I teach middle school, and we are in the middle of standardized testing! We have to pick up materials by 7:00 and can’t have computers on, so I told my DD she must be up and ready to buy for June 6th!!
I honestly don’t think you need to worry about it that bad. I HIGHLY doubt it’ll sell out on the first day, maybe not even the first week

We will be down for two weeks next month and have three days at MK. We go several times a year, and we were considering the after hours event. But then the villains party came out. We will be there for the last after hours and the first villains party....which would be better to do? I'm more inclined to do the villains, but I'm worried it will be more crowded and have bloggers. Any thoughts?

I honestly don’t think you need to worry about it that bad. I HIGHLY doubt it’ll sell out on the first day, maybe not even the first week

We will be down for two weeks next month and have three days at MK. We go several times a year, and we were considering the after hours event. But then the villains party came out. We will be there for the last after hours and the first villains party....which would be better to do? I'm more inclined to do the villains, but I'm worried it will be more crowded and have bloggers. Any thoughts?

I believe you are probably be right as there are many people who feel they must be “first” and there will surely be a huge amount of bloggers!

I was worried about the amount of bloggers, too. Then my DD, who finished the DCP last spring, said she couldn’t wait to meet some of her favorites! I cracked up, thinking it would be a pain, and she was overjoyed! Lol!

I'm hoping you're right. We are planning on either 27 June or 1 July but can't buy until we get there on 26 July when we can upgrade one of our tickets to an AP.

Personally, I would choose the normal DAH.

I'm hoping you're right. We are planning on either 27 June or 1 July but can't buy until we get there on 26 July when we can upgrade one of our tickets to an AP.
I'm pretty sure you can buy them ahead of time and get the refunded amount after getting your AP.

While it would be *really* hard for me to pass up trying something new, I suspect/think that if you want to do the event for riding with no wait you might be better off with the last DAH. On the other hand, if you're willing to take the chance it might not be as good from that POV, trying the new one could be cool and if it turns out amazing you can say you were at the first one. But it very well might be the last regular DAH, and if the villains continue you can do it on another trip. Or possibly the villains won't continue, and DAH will be back for your future trips and you will have missed the short run of the villains. As you can see, I keep thinking of reasons to do one, and then think of a counter reason to do the other :laughing:.

I do think, while there are some interesting aspects of doing the first night with all of the bloggers, I suspect overall it might annoy me unless it really isn't noticeable.

Having written that, I have no idea which I would do. My head would say the last DAH since we did one and LOVED the no line aspect, but like I said it would be so hard for me to pass on a new event. I guess I'm glad I'm going when there is no choice (It's moved to the Villains DAH when we go), because I have no idea how I would pick!

Have you considered doing both? if you can swing the money and your schedule isn't too messed up by 2 late night events, I would at least entertain the idea of both!

Sorry I was no help, I should have just gone to bed like I need to instead of posting :rotfl:

While it would be *really* hard for me to pass up trying something new, I suspect/think that if you want to do the event for riding with no wait you might be better off with the last DAH. On the other hand, if you're willing to take the chance it might not be as good from that POV, trying the new one could be cool and if it turns out amazing you can say you were at the first one. But it very well might be the last regular DAH, and if the villains continue you can do it on another trip. Or possibly the villains won't continue, and DAH will be back for your future trips and you will have missed the short run of the villains. As you can see, I keep thinking of reasons to do one, and then think of a counter reason to do the other :laughing:.

I do think, while there are some interesting aspects of doing the first night with all of the bloggers, I suspect overall it might annoy me unless it really isn't noticeable.

Having written that, I have no idea which I would do. My head would say the last DAH since we did one and LOVED the no line aspect, but like I said it would be so hard for me to pass on a new event. I guess I'm glad I'm going when there is no choice (It's moved to the Villains DAH when we go), because I have no idea how I would pick!

Have you considered doing both? if you can swing the money and your schedule isn't too messed up by 2 late night events, I would at least entertain the idea of both!

Sorry I was no help, I should have just gone to bed like I need to instead of posting :rotfl:

Lol, this is what keeps rolling through my head! Then also add in "do we really need to go to either because we have two full days and two half days and could put the money towards something else...." DH probably wouldn't go for both, but I'm not saying I'm not tempted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter