**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Ok we are going in August and looking at this as an option if the After Hours Events run..I thinkMNSSHP is starting early this August . Will they both run ? Or no ?
if yes which one is less crowded or more “ worth it “
Thanks in advance
I just came on here to ask a similar question.
This year MNSSHP starts August 13,15,18, 21,25, and 28. I was going to ask will this have an effect on the amount of dates for AH in August?

We just did it Jan 13th and it was great! I think the most we waited was 5 minutes for Mine Train, but most rides had no lines at all. It is worth the money to me to ride all the big rides multiple times without crowds and without the heat! Near the end of the night Peter Pan was a walk-on too and I don't think I have ever seen that!
We grabbed as many waters, sodas, ice cream bars, and popcorn as we could!!
Did they route you through the FP+ line for Peter Pan, or were you able to go through the regular line and play with the interactive stuff?

Did they route you through the FP+ line for Peter Pan, or were you able to go through the regular line and play with the interactive stuff?

I didn't actually go on the ride, I just noticed no wait. People were zipping through the line without stopping so I doubt there would much time to play with interactive stuff.

What is a good time to arrive if you want to be one of the first in at 7 pm, and don't have a normal day pass? Is 6:30 pm good?

What is the best strategy? Where is the best place to start that will have less "regular day pass people" in the queue still so you can take most advantage of the time?

What is the best strategy? Where is the best place to start that will have less "regular day pass people" in the queue still so you can take most advantage of the time?

We started in Adventureland. Right at 8:00 we were able to walk right onto Magic Carpets, and then over to Jungle Cruise and Pirates, which were also walk ons when we got there. Then we hit Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Storybook Circus, and Tomorrowland. The only backtracking we did was going back to Fantasyland at the very end of the night to ride Peter Pan with no wait, since it still had a 20+ minute line when we went by earlier.

I would love to know this too since I had read that at MK they tend to let people in before 7pm.

Edit: ignore my reply below, I was mixing up party times with after hours times. AH let’s you in between 6:30 and 7
{They usually let you in around 4pm. There will be a separate queue, though someone else will need to let you know where that is, as it’s all changed since I was there.}

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is any chance of any HS or Epcot after hours events for April. Those would be my preference, but I'd like to book MK if there is no chance of HS or Epcot.

Does anyone know if there is any chance of any HS or Epcot after hours events for April. Those would be my preference, but I'd like to book MK if there is no chance of HS or Epcot.
Epcot doesn’t do after hours and HS hasn’t had any since GE opened. If and when they ever bring those back, nobody knows :(

Entry for After Hours events start at 7. It’s the Halloween/Xmas parties that start at 4.
Sorry my bad. Mixing the two up. Yes, I think people were let on around 6:30 our day. We had regular park tickets but were outside the park for dinner and on our way back around 6:30 saw them letting people in, so I remembered it was before 7. This was early last year.

So sorry for the misinformation. My brain isn’t working on full speed today

So KTP just posted news release for a "Varsity Spirit After Hours at MK" to be held on select dates between Jan 19th-May 10th from 10:00 pm - 2:00 am. These events will be after park closing so will not affect anyone visiting MK during regular park hour. This event is targeting sports teams, cheer teams, dance groups and such.
I can't imagine it will be a desired workshft for many CMs ....the expected visitors are described as a group of "pumped up" "celebratory" teams who want to "let off steam". When I think of some of the groups I sometimes encounter spreading themselves out across large areas and walkways and yelling, screaming and chanting I'm hoping they will all go to these after hours events. Of course it will cost them extra.....

So KTP just posted news release for a "Varsity Spirit After Hours at MK" to be held on select dates between Jan 19th-May 10th from 10:00 pm - 2:00 am. These events will be after park closing so will not affect anyone visiting MK during regular park hour. This event is targeting sports teams, cheer teams, dance groups and such.
I can't imagine it will be a desired workshft for many CMs ....the expected visitors are described as a group of "pumped up" "celebratory" teams who want to "let off steam". When I think of some of the groups I sometimes encounter spreading themselves out across large areas and walkways and yelling, screaming and chanting I'm hoping they will all go to these after hours events. Of course it will cost them extra.....
I just hope they aren't mixing that with regular after hours events.

I just hope they aren't mixing that with regular after hours events.
Just looked up the dates for the Varsity Spirit AH and they don’t seem to coincide with regular AH (at least on the dates we’ll be there). Here are the dates:
  • Sunday, January 19
  • Sunday, February 2
  • Sunday, February 9
  • Sunday, March 15
  • Sunday, April 26
  • Monday, May 4
  • Sunday, May 10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!