**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

They've had the Varsity after hours events for awhile now. I know we contended with it last year.
I know they have closed parks early for NCA, nationals, summit, and worlds parties, but I didn't realize they were doing these kinds of events. My concern is that with the increase in after hours dates this year they will end up merged.

I was also there Monday night and we went through the interactive queue at the end of the night :) First time we had ever seen it since we always get FP.
Neat! I've never actually seen the interactive queue and it would be nice to do so without having to rope drop or contend with long lines. Figure I can just let people pass me if the line's moving too fast to play with things--I don't want to spend ages in there or anything, but I'd like to see it.

And it’s 69 degrees right now. Some of the past Jan DAH’s have been coollllldddd. I’m assuming it was a good night.

It was awesome, until well after midnight when we arrived back at our hotel. I don’t think it got any cooler than that.

Did they route you through the FP+ line for Peter Pan, or were you able to go through the regular line and play with the interactive stuff?

We did the queue, quickly, as we wanted to see it but not spend a ton of time there.

One really fun thing was when we went on Barnstormer, we were in the front row and the only ones on it. So we stayed on it a couple of times. That was really fun. We rode SDMT about 7 times, and everything else we wanted to as many times as we wanted also. It was a practically empty park on Monday night.

So, so excited! I already had a DAH ticket for 1/31, and while I hated the event times (8-11) it was the only time I could go on that trip.....until I just extended it by 2 nights making another event open to me! So I called yesterday and had my ticket switched from 1/31 to 2/3, and I'm even more excited than I was since I feel like I get more time out of this one, that extra hour really makes a difference to me. Can't wait!

I know I have been told that summer dates were announced in May last year if I remember right. Any chance they may be announced sooner? Has Disney changed any on when they start releasing dates? I can’t seem to find when 2019 summer dates were released on the 1st page. I’m so impatient lol. I really would like to plan my tickets and days.

Last edited:
I know I have been told that summer dates were announced in May last year if I remember right. Any chance they may be announced sooner? Has Disney changed any on when they start releasing dates? I can’t seem to find when 2019 summer dates were released on the 1st page. I’m so impatient lol. I really would like to plan my tickets and days.

FYI, June - Early August 2019 was Villains After Hours (now covered in a separate thread), which was first announced 4/2/2019 and tickets went on sale 4/29/2019.

I'm close to booking AH for March, but I just want to make sure it's not oversold like some of the Halloween and Christmas parties I was reading about last year. I saw a bunch of bad reviews saying it was way too crowded. But, everything I've read about AH sounds much better. Any comparison? Thanks!

I'm close to booking AH for March, but I just want to make sure it's not oversold like some of the Halloween and Christmas parties I was reading about last year. I saw a bunch of bad reviews saying it was way too crowded. But, everything I've read about AH sounds much better. Any comparison? Thanks!

Night and day difference from a MNSSHP and MVMCP party.

The March DAHs as we get into Spring Season have historically been popular dates (including some sell outs at times) and one can experience different shades of crowd level on any given DAH night, but fundamentally it’s a different product and much less of a guest count to MNSSHP and MVMCP.

Night and day difference from a MNSSHP and MVMCP party.

The March DAHs as we get into Spring Season have historically been popular dates (including some sell outs at times) and one can experience different shades of crowd level on any given DAH night, but fundamentally it’s a different product and much less of a guest count to MNSSHP and MVMCP.
Thank you!

Thank you!

No problem. If you go Texas spring break week and it’s bonkers crowded, don’t come back and yell at me. 8-)

But I tend to think with the rather abundant DAHs and VAHs all winter/spring, DAH conditions should stay reasonably similar to past conditions.

No problem. If you go Texas spring break week and it’s bonkers crowded, don’t come back and yell at me. 8-)

But I tend to think with the rather abundant DAHs and VAHs all winter/spring, DAH conditions should stay reasonably similar to past conditions.

We'll be there from March 19 to 24, and I was going to do the 23rd. I'm not sure if that's Texas time or not. But, even if AH is busy, it's got to be better than the day crowd (I hope)! It would be the last night of the trip, and it seems like a fun way to end.

What fastpasses do you generally get for before the party starts (between 7-10 pm)?

I am thinking I"d like to try things with low lines that we still enjoy (or that won't be available during the party) like Carousel of progress, Tiki Room, maybe knock off Ariel (since that is generally short), maybe people mover (again short line generally). Wondering what makes sense to try and get fp for. Maybe Peter Pan in case it is busy during the party, or 7DMT for the same reason.

What ones do you try to get?

Our after hours was sold out and it still seemed empty. We’re booking again for mid March ourselves. I won’t do the parties anymore because of the crowd levels, but I’ll do regular AH’s anytime I can. Villains, not so much.

Our after hours was sold out and it still seemed empty. We’re booking again for mid March ourselves. I won’t do the parties anymore because of the crowd levels, but I’ll do regular AH’s anytime I can. Villains, not so much.
Thank you!

What fastpasses do you generally get for before the party starts (between 7-10 pm)?

I am thinking I"d like to try things with low lines that we still enjoy (or that won't be available during the party) like Carousel of progress, Tiki Room, maybe knock off Ariel (since that is generally short), maybe people mover (again short line generally). Wondering what makes sense to try and get fp for. Maybe Peter Pan in case it is busy during the party, or 7DMT for the same reason.

What ones do you try to get?
When we went to the Villians AH the Seven Dwarfs and Space had the longest wait times during the event. Seven Dwarfs was 20 min and Space was about 10 minutes. I know 10 minutes is not long lol, but that was the longest waits we had. I would definitely book fastpasses for Seven Dwarfs. Maybe Peter Pan, not sure because we didn’t ride it. .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!