Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

I thought it was a nice way to watch Fantasmic! I hope you both enjoy it!
Your plans are so exciting! wow Feb and April, I am jealous! Festival of the Arts looks like fun, I hope the food is as good as the other festivals.
I really love having Pre Check, it has made a difference in wait time for us at almost all airports. :)
Thanks for your review of the dessert option. That is how I found out about it and booked it! Andi hates waiting in line and this has been a big reason we have not done Fantasmic in awhile. We didn’t want to do the dinner seating again so this is a great option.
I plan to try and explore the Festival a little more this year, last year we were in Epcot on the last day so didn’t see much.
I am excited to have precheck now, why did I wait so long, lol!

Hello Everyone,

I am back from a wonderful February trip, the weather was so awesome!

I was able to make my FP+ for the April trip while we were at Disney. I think I got most everything I wanted. I will update on here soon! We didn’t get to Universal this trip so it is on for the April trip so I will talk about this as well.

This PTR will now focus on our final AP trip of this year,, I think, lol! My plan is not to renew because I don’t think we will be returning until March 2019. So stay tuned as I ponder this.

Talk to you all soon.........

I just watched Tim Tracker video on their visit to Flower and Garden on the first day and made me so excited!! They tried several items at different booths and the majority of the items they were happy with! It looks so nice in Epcot with all the flowers and topiarys. This made me excited and happy so I wanted to start my daily plans for the April trip!

4/24/18 will be our arrival day. We hope to be checking in to POFQ by 2:00pm if flight is on time. We plan to head out to MK as soon as we can. We always start and end in MK. I do not have any dinner plans for this evening at this time. We usually stick with QS on the first night. I am thinking Pecos Bills maybe. I do like the nachos there. We have 3 FP+ scheduled for the evening.
BTMRR from 4:25-5:25
Peter Pan from 5:45-6:45
HM from 6:45-7:45
I have toyed with the idea of heading to DS after our last FP to eat at Homecomin. We have had to cancel Homecomin twice now so we have never been. Any thoughts from you all? It is hard to leave MK especially if it isn’t super crowded so I am not sure. We did this in November and it actually worked out well for us, we tried D-luxe burger that time and enjoyed our evening in DS.

POFQ requests from myself will be top floor in building 4, I will do this request on TP room finder and use there formulated fax form. I hope we get top floor and this area, so convenient to everything. The place is nice and small so any spot really is okay. I also hope we get a refurbished room so we can compared to our November stay.

I will leave you all with a few pictures from POFQ, have a great day and stay tuned for more plans!
4AB5688A-D900-4D21-934D-57F169C6215E.jpeg
1A1E9CB6-A409-4895-A830-E67AD4283919.jpeg
C407F298-7C38-424C-A191-B9DF5A776CF9.jpeg
21E289A8-B479-44E4-8099-CB514B312A34.jpeg
5FFC68D4-6533-4545-BC83-4DEA9F2EAB47.jpeg
8854B6FF-8CA3-41CD-8642-1A88E264895E.jpeg

I like your plan to start and end in MK! We don't always make a point of doing this, but we really should. It really feels right.

I like your POFQ pictures! It's such a cool resort!

I just watched Tim Tracker video on their visit to Flower and Garden on the first day and made me so excited!!

I watched it too! Can't wait till we're there for F&G.

I have toyed with the idea of heading to DS after our last FP to eat at Homecomin. We have had to cancel Homecomin twice now so we have never been. Any thoughts from you all?

It's definitely worth it!

I like your plan to start and end in MK! We don't always make a point of doing this, but we really should. It really feels right.

I like your POFQ pictures! It's such a cool resort!
Thank you, we have been starting and ending at MK for awhile now, we really like that.
I am excited to stay at POFQ again, it is really a nice resort!

I watched it too! Can't wait till we're there for F&G.

It's definitely worth it!

I really love F&G, I think it is my favorite of the festivals.

Have you ever tried Frontera Cocina? Andi wants to try that instead, she doesn’t think she likes the Homecomin menu! What is not to like about comfort foods:confused3. She is really into Mexican food these days.

I really love F&G, I think it is my favorite of the festivals.

Have you ever tried Frontera Cocina? Andi wants to try that instead, she doesn’t think she likes the Homecomin menu! What is not to like about comfort foods:confused3. She is really into Mexican food these days.

Yes we did there’s a review of it in my May DTR, but we liked it! I haven’t had a lot of Mexican food on property but I’d rank that as the best.

Yes we did there’s a review of it in my May DTR, but we liked it! I haven’t had a lot of Mexican food on property but I’d rank that as the best.
Thanks Raeven, I went back and read your review and the food does look good so we may go there.

Hello to all,

I paid my final payment yesterday for our room only reservation! It is always so nice to have the trip paid off. Our food budget this trip will not be as much because of the shorter stay and we still have money on a gift card from February. We also have a gift card from Landry's to use up.

4/25/18...This will be our USO day. I had bought value tickets and this day is not blacked out. It also is a lower attendance day per Undercover Tourist's crowd calendar. We will take an Uber at around 7:45 am for a 9:00 am opening. My hope is they will let us in early. We have had this luck once before and it was awesome. We will start with HP attractions and then work our way around to other attractions. We love the Mummy, Spiderman, MIB, ET, (Andi will do Rip Ride Rocket? and the Hulk). I will pass on these.
We usually cover most everything we want to at USO before 5:00 pm. I want to try some ice cream in HP area and of course Butterbeer. We will probably share a small lunch. We have never done the Jimmy Fallon ride. I have more negative reviews than good ones but I think we should ride at least once.

We are either going to stay and eat at Bubba Gumps and use up the Landry money or Uber back to DS and eat there. The nachos at T-Rex always get good reviews so maybe that. So for any of you with an opinion, would you ride Jimmy Fallon and where would you eat? Let me know.

I did make some FP+ MK in the evening, however if we go to DS we won't go to MK. I am excited to go back to USO in April. We have not been since 2016. I don't think the Fast and Furious will be open yet when we are there but maybe a preview??

That is our plans for 4/25/18.
A060E0EA-5942-4463-BD8A-8244F53B5D6C.jpeg 1536C547-4DDA-44B1-8301-399157CF5711.jpeg 577AC91E-3935-4189-A2C7-00E9EC7D32FC.jpeg E4DBFB63-9311-4E1C-A809-BBEE0EBB8FF8.jpeg 86D8A47F-129A-40AA-80F3-001649D034A4.jpeg 408DE96A-2E48-4995-B5CF-83680E6D6CD8.jpeg

Congrats on getting your trip paid off! It's always good when the money is dealt with and all you have left to do is get excited :) Your Universal day sounds fun!! Do you have the Landry's Select Club card? We love it for being able to eat at Landry's restaurants without needing a reservation. I'm not a fan of Rainforest Cafe, but I think T-Rex is okay, and we really liked Yak and Yeti when we went. I haven't been to any of the others off-Disney yet.

So for any of you with an opinion, would you ride Jimmy Fallon and where would you eat? Let me know.

I would skip Jimmy Fallon. I liked the pre-show, but I can't ride the actual ride due to motion sickness. Josh didn't really like it that much. As for between those 2 restaurants? I'd probably go with T-Rex. I know you have a gift card, but is there another day you could use it? Yak and Yeti us our favorite Landry's restaurant at Disney, and I don't think either of those are very good. For Universal I'd recommend Toothsome if you haven't been since it opened, it's a lot of fun.

408de96a-2e48-4995-b5cf-83680e6d6cd8-jpeg.308075

I love her Slytherin uniform!

Congrats on getting your trip paid off! It's always good when the money is dealt with and all you have left to do is get excited :) Your Universal day sounds fun!! Do you have the Landry's Select Club card? We love it for being able to eat at Landry's restaurants without needing a reservation. I'm not a fan of Rainforest Cafe, but I think T-Rex is okay, and we really liked Yak and Yeti when we went. I haven't been to any of the others off-Disney yet.
It always makes it feel closer than ever when it is paid off!
We have the Landry’s card that is why I was thinking Bubba’s or T-Rex, I wouldn’t need a reservation for either.
We love Yak and Yeti, however we didn’t want to head to AK after USO. We will see how we feel after our day at USO.

I would skip Jimmy Fallon. I liked the pre-show, but I can't ride the actual ride due to motion sickness. Josh didn't really like it that much. As for between those 2 restaurants? I'd probably go with T-Rex. I know you have a gift card, but is there another day you could use it? Yak and Yeti us our favorite Landry's restaurant at Disney, and I don't think either of those are very good. For Universal I'd recommend Toothsome if you haven't been since it opened, it's a lot of fun.

I love her Slytherin uniform!
Thanks for the input, I have heard the same about the Fallon ride, we will not rush to do this one.
We love Yak and Yeti and usually go each trip. I know Bubba Gump’s is a Landry place so that is why I was thinking this one. I have been a few times and it has been decent. Andi doe not like seafood but did see some chicken on the menu!
Toothsome sounds really cool and I have read some good reviews, so we will see. We certainly can use the gift card at Yak and Yeti another day, yum! We don’t have any Landry’s places around here so I bought the card and gift cards specifically for Disney trips.

Andi is planning on wearing her Slytherin outfit again!

Your Universal plans sound good! I have never ridden the Jimmy Fallon ride but if it were me I'd want to try it if the wait wasn't too bad!

I like Bubba Gump's! Their hush puppies are my favorite.

Your Universal plans sound good! I have never ridden the Jimmy Fallon ride but if it were me I'd want to try it if the wait wasn't too bad!

I like Bubba Gump's! Their hush puppies are my favorite.
I love hush puppies, yum! I think we will go to Bubba Gumps after our day at USO. If it works out and we don’t have to wait to long we will probably try the Fallon ride, since it is new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter