Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

Guess where we will go after EE? Anyone? If you guessed Y&Y for lunch, that is correct, yes indeed!

I'm shocked! No, not really.

We will have $25.00 on our Landry’s card for my Birthday, so we have to use this up! We will want to eat fairly early because we have an evening ADR at Epcot. We may share here so we can have the amazing wontons for dessert.
View attachment 337716

I'm not into spicy food and DW definitely isn't, but we're going to try Y&Y in September. I've debated about getting a Landry's card, but there are none of their restaurants near us (well, that we'd actually go to) and I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it. July is my birthday month, so a free $25 would be okay.

ADR is at Spice Road Table at 8:10pm. I am going to request a table outside (weather permitting) so we can view Illuminations at dinner. Andi wanted to revisit this restaurant. We ate here once and really enjoyed our calamari, lamb sliders, and hummus fries, very good! We may try a kebab this time, has anyone out there tried the kebabs?? We will likely share several things.

Epcot has PM EMH so we will see how much we can do during this time. My past experiences with Epcot EMH has been busy and long waits for the Tier 1 rides since there aren’t many. We will try for Soarin and maybe Test Track. It will be low key for us since we have been on all Epcot attractions many times.
These are the tentative 4th day plans, what do you all think?? Let me know. :thanks:
I've never been to spice road table. If you get outdoor seats, you have to let me know if it was a good idea for illuminations. Sounds like a great plan all the way around.

Wow!! So much going on for your day 4! But it's so nice that when you're just travelling as two adults you can squeeze all those kinds of things in. Love that you have a Yak and Yeti ADR! Though I'm not surprised :goodvibes Yum!!
I think with an afternoon siesta we will be ready to tackle Epcot! The heat does zap me some in August vs. other times of year! I am getting excited to head back to the World, yay!

I'm shocked! No, not really.

I'm not into spicy food and DW definitely isn't, but we're going to try Y&Y in September. I've debated about getting a Landry's card, but there are none of their restaurants near us (well, that we'd actually go to) and I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it. July is my birthday month, so a free $25 would be okay.

I've never been to spice road table. If you get outdoor seats, you have to let me know if it was a good idea for illuminations. Sounds like a great plan all the way around.
I really think you should pick up a Landry’s card, it costs $25.00 except your first time using the card it gives you a $25.00 credit and if you say your Birthday month is September you will get another $25.00 to use. Basically your cost at Y&Y would be anything over $50.00, well worth it. You also get priority seating so no need to make an ADR.:thumbsup2

I will let you know how Spice Road Table is for Illuminations, I hear rumors it is being replace with a different show:confused3

Hello Everyone,

I would be on the Dis all the time if I didn’t work, yikes! Especially with all the plans for an Epic girls trip, coming up in May. I am still not sure if I will be able to make this trip. I am very tempted to do a solo trip to meet all these awesome Disney loving women, so we shall see. If I do decide it is in my future, you will see my contributions to the Epic PTR in this color. The dates for me would be 5/1-5/7, Flights are cheaper to fly on these days so more time in Disney for me.

Back to my August trip plans, Day 5 tentative plans coming up!
EA29A33C-2B0E-4306-A5A2-D733D560B12B.jpeg 5A371C0E-2192-44B9-B572-129F8E0513A1.jpeg
Thank you google!

This originally was our moving day to WL, however with the changes I made, we will already be at WL. We have FP+ at MK this morning. This is Mountain Morning, lol! MK is open today from 9:00am to 11:00pm with EMH from 11pm to 1am.

I don’t think we will be rushing over to MK this morning. We will take the boat over when we are ready.

Our FP+ line up is:

7DMT 10:15-11:15
BTMRR 11:25-12:25
Splash 12:25-1:25

ADR at WCC 2:15pm
C8A684A5-7E0C-4F42-B452-7E5C36B89930.png 0EFBD766-D6C0-4A91-A809-E6D534D4184C.jpeg
Thank you google.

We will have a more leisurely day since it is half way point and we will be needing some resort time for relaxation.

What to do the rest of this day?? I highly doubt I will make the Evening EMH mostly because we will have had the DAH night and we have an early morning at DHS again the next day. Andi may go.

It will depend on FP+ availability for a 4th one and where it is. If we could get a TSL one, we may head over there.

Dinner will be a QS somewhere. We may not be to hungry after WCC.

Here are the pictures of our newest magic bands and passholder sliders. I also bought some MB skins for three of my bands. One for SW, one for TSL, and my favorite princess.

ME luggage tags for PoP are here as well.
IMG_Jul202018at92215AM.jpg IMG_Jul202018at92142AM.jpg IMG_Jul202018at92104AM.jpg

Hi Caroline! I saw on Melanda's trip report that you are going to be down in August too. Right now it doesn't look like our plans will overlap but I'll send you a FB message when we are down there just in case. We get in on the 18th and will be at AK, 19th in MK (maybe evening in Disney Springs), and Epcot on the 20th (my birthday!)

Hi Caroline! I saw on Melanda's trip report that you are going to be down in August too. Right now it doesn't look like our plans will overlap but I'll send you a FB message when we are down there just in case. We get in on the 18th and will be at AK, 19th in MK (maybe evening in Disney Springs), and Epcot on the 20th (my birthday!)
Yes, just in case we can say a quick Hi:wave2:, that would be so nice! We could easily pop over to MK on the 19th for a quick hello and photo evidence of course! I will be excited to read your Dining report when you get back:woohoo:

Hello Everyone!

My MDE states 19 days left before our vacation, yay!:cheer2:

I booked our shuttle service this morning, Andi and I both work on Friday 8/10 so it is easier to take the shuttle down to Minneapolis from here. It is cheaper than park and fly, and with the added plus I don’t have to drive for 10 wonderful days!

I bought our tickets this morning for the DAH event on 8/11. I saw some reviews this morning that the last one on 7/21 was more crowded than others and many of the carts were out of drinks early in the night, yikes! The one before that was so dead, Disney gave free tickets to people, including some popular vloggers, it must have worked to bring in more people. I hope ours isn’t to crowded and doesn’t run out of snacks right away. I am planning to get my Diet Coke supply for the trip at this event.:rotfl2:

I wanted to show you all my new shirts I have picked up for this trip, like I needed anymore, lol!

IMG_Jul232018at102014AM.jpg
For TSL with my Jesse decal MB

IMG_Jul232018at101942AM.jpg
Loved this one, will wear at MK most likely

IMG_Jul232018at101911AM.jpg
I liked the neckline on this one, can wear at Epcot/MK

IMG_Jul232018at101836AM.jpg
Tank top with Alice, cute and cheap at Hot Topic, lol!

IMG_Jul232018at101759AM.jpg
I hope to see the new Guardians of the Galaxy show at Epcot, so will wear this there!
I mostly take tank tops in August since it is so hot!

That’s it for now, I have to go back to work tomorrow :sad:

I will be back soon to get my Day 6 Plans posted, talk to you all soon:wave2:

Jeez, I got so far behind!

The first plan is to sleep in some, hard for this early riser to do! A normal morning wake up time for me is 5:30am.

I hear you…the life of a nurse!

We will spend some time shopping around DS, probably before the ADR, which is at 1:45pm. My plan is to try and be seated earlier than our ADR! I have tried to change the time to a little earlier, no luck yet! I just know our pattern and we will be wanting to eat before our scheduled time.

I love Homecomin'! I don't think you'll have a problem getting in earlier. They save reservations for walk-ups and that's what Mike and I did last year.

I have made a change to the itinerary :cheer2: We are going to check into Wilderness Lodge on Day 3 now instead of Day 5:bounce: I was able to get a great AP rate on a standard room so I booked it

Awesome :thumbsup2

Today will be an early one. We will need to have our bags ready for bell service at 6am! I want to be on our way to HS by 6:30 for our first experience with TSL.

Oh, my! Good luck! I'll be curious to see how that works out since our first visit to TSL will be in October.

Our trip is less than 30 days away now,

:cool1:

I would be on the Dis all the time if I didn’t work, yikes! Especially with all the plans for an Epic girls trip, coming up in May. I am still not sure if I will be able to make this trip. I am very tempted to do a solo trip to meet all these awesome Disney loving women, so we shall see. If I do decide it is in my future, you will see my contributions to the Epic PTR in this color. The dates for me would be 5/1-5/7, Flights are cheaper to fly on these days so more time in Disney for me.

Same! I REALLY want to go, I just don't know if I can swing it. Plus, we are going on the Fantasy 4/6-4/13 so I would only be home for a couple weeks before flying back down. That seems kinda crazy, even to me. But I really WANT to go :sad:

I bought our tickets this morning for the DAH event on 8/11. I saw some reviews this morning that the last one on 7/21 was more crowded than others and many of the carts were out of drinks early in the night,

Oh, no! Your review of DAH is one of the reasons I am dying to do it! I hope it's not overly crowded!

I wanted to show you all my new shirts I have picked up for this trip, like I needed anymore, lol!

Super cute!

My MDE states 19 days left before our vacation, yay!:cheer2:

Wow! So close!! I'm sitting at 23 days, I believe. :hyper:

I bought our tickets this morning for the DAH event on 8/11. I saw some reviews this morning that the last one on 7/21 was more crowded than others and many of the carts were out of drinks early in the night, yikes!

Yay DAH! I wish it had worked out for our trip, but we're going in the middle between two DAH dates. At least we get MNSSHP! But boo that that last DAH was more crowded! I hope that's not a problem for you guys.

img_jul232018at101911am-jpg.339036

I love the neckline of this one, too! This is a sweet top.

I mostly take tank tops in August since it is so hot!

Me too!! 100%. Tank tops, and one or two cute light things with a t-shirt sleeve to cover my shoulders in case I get a sunburn. :laughing:

Jeez, I got so far behind!

I hear you…the life of a nurse!

I love Homecomin'! I don't think you'll have a problem getting in earlier. They save reservations for walk-ups and that's what Mike and I did last year.

Awesome :thumbsup2

Oh, my! Good luck! I'll be curious to see how that works out since our first visit to TSL will be in October.

:cool1:

Same! I REALLY want to go, I just don't know if I can swing it. Plus, we are going on the Fantasy 4/6-4/13 so I would only be home for a couple weeks before flying back down. That seems kinda crazy, even to me. But I really WANT to go :sad:

Oh, no! Your review of DAH is one of the reasons I am dying to do it! I hope it's not overly crowded!

Super cute!

Hi Kelly,
We are getting really excited for the trip. Homecomin will be a first for us, I am really excited.
I sure hope the DAH is really low crowds like it was the first time we did this. I am sure it will be great, hopefully no big rain storm that night!
I would love to do the May trip, however, I am still not sure yet. Andi of course said don’t go then save the money for us to go in August, lol!:rotfl2:Plus we will be there a month before as well.
I love buying a few new shirts each trip, for pictures of course:rotfl:

Wow! So close!! I'm sitting at 23 days, I believe. :hyper:

Yay DAH! I wish it had worked out for our trip, but we're going in the middle between two DAH dates. At least we get MNSSHP! But boo that that last DAH was more crowded! I hope that's not a problem for you guys.

I love the neckline of this one, too! This is a sweet top.

Me too!! 100%. Tank tops, and one or two cute light things with a t-shirt sleeve to cover my shoulders in case I get a sunburn. :laughing:

2 weeks from today we will be heading to our Happy Place!
I sure hope I find some extra energy to make it until 1am on our first day. I have to make the most of the DAH.
With the August heat, I try to wear very light cotton or linen clothes, breathable!
Are you and N going to try and see the Guardians show? It sounds really fun.

Hello Everyone! My countdown to my trip is going down quickly now!

2 weeks from today, we will be heading to our Happy Place:cheer2:

Before I continue with my tentative plans, I wanted to show you the cute Disney things, my coworker, bought for me! She is so sweet and doesn’t bash us for going to Disney all the time, she joins in and loves to hear about our trips!

IMG_Jul282018at72654AM.jpg

Perfect items for our trip.

On with the pre trip planning. I will cover our tentative plans for Day 6. This will be Thursday 8/16.
Our plan is to hit DHS in the morning, I am not sure how early we will go, especially if Andi stays out late for EMH at MK.

IMG_Jul282018at72828AM.jpg IMG_Jul282018at73026AM.jpg IMG_Jul282018at72931AM.jpg IMG_Jul282018at72954AM.jpg IMG_Jul282018at72751AM.jpg
Pictures of us on various visits to DHS

We have a FP+ for SDD at 9:10-10:10, ToT 10:35-11:35, and RnRc (Andi only) 11:55-12:55. I just can’t do this coaster, makes me to nervous! I did it once with my son and I vividly remember the take off and the head banging, so no thanks!

IMG_Jul282018at73047AM.jpg IMG_Jul282018at72717AM.jpg

Our ADR for today is Chefs de France at 7:30pm so we have time to lounge at the resort in the afternoon. I am hoping to catch Guardians of the Galaxy show before our dinner.

I will maybe try for a 4th FP in Epcot as well.

Food during the day is up in the air, I was thinking we could try the pop tart treat at Woody’s Lunchbox or maybe wait and do an early lunch and try the grilled cheese? I am just not sure I like the menu there and eating outside in the blazing sun doesn’t sound fun either.

IMG_Jul282018at72850AM.jpg IMG_Jul282018at72909AM.jpg

This maybe a good day to take a bus back to the Poly and eat lunch there. Love the shredded pork nachos here and we have to say hi to one of my favorite resorts!

For those of you following, you probably see how we start to slow our pace some as the week goes on, we hit the ground running at the beginning then pace ourselves.

This really is a must for those of us traveling in August. It is hot!! The heat does drain you and you need to pace yourself and drink a ton of water!

Has any one used Amazon Prime for water delivery to the resort? I am thinking I will just buy water at the resort gift shop for now and a few breakfast items. I always used GardenGrocer except the last two trips I skipped it and really didn’t miss it.

So there is Day 6, let’s see if we stick to these tentative plans!

Are you and N going to try and see the Guardians show? It sounds really fun.

I hope so! It's our last chance to catch it right before it leaves Epcot, and it looks really cute and entertaining.

Before I continue with my tentative plans, I wanted to show you the cute Disney things, my coworker, bought for me! She is so sweet and doesn’t bash us for going to Disney all the time, she joins in and loves to hear about our trips!

That's so sweet! I love all the stuff, especially the Mickey tissue box.

For those of you following, you probably see how we start to slow our pace some as the week goes on, we hit the ground running at the beginning then pace ourselves.

This is smart! By the second half of the trip, we're always dragging a bit and need more breaks. Whoever said vacation was relaxing obviously never went hardcore at WDW.

It is hot!! The heat does drain you and you need to pace yourself and drink a ton of water!

Definitely! I find the days I do the best are the ones where I drink an entire bottle of water before I even leave the room in the morning, and then just keep sipping away all day. Once you get dehydrated, it's hard to catch up again. So hot!

Has any one used Amazon Prime for water delivery to the resort?

We weren't Prime members (at least not for the US version of the site. We are for amazon Canada.) But we had water delivered from amazon once or twice. It worked fine. Recently we've had a vehicle down there though, and we're renting a car this time, so we'll just stop at a Walmart or Publix or something on the way and get big jugs of water to refill our brita bottles.

Love all your Mickey gifts :love:

We used Amazon Prime Now in April for the first time and really liked it. We ordered while we were getting off the cruise ship and our stuff was delivered before we arrived at our WDW resort. If it’s just water that you need, I don’t know that I’d bother, but we got snacks and breakfast items so for us it was a great deal.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!