Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

2 weeks from today, we will be heading to our Happy Place:cheer2:
WOOHOOO!!!!!! Down to 18 days for us!

img_jul282018at72654am-jpg.339859
What sweet gifts. Love the Mickey zip lock!

We have a FP+ for SDD at 9:10-10:10
I had to think for a really long time about what this was. Haven't figured out the new lingo yet!

This maybe a good day to take a bus back to the Poly and eat lunch there. Love the shredded pork nachos here and we have to say hi to one of my favorite resorts!
Oh this are some of my favorites. So jealous you all are at the Poly again. I debated it as we really love it there, but ultimately decided on Beach Club since we've never been and I know Casey will love the pool.

This really is a must for those of us traveling in August. It is hot!! The heat does drain you and you need to pace yourself and drink a ton of water!
You got that right. We've had a pretty cool summer all things considered so we will most definitely be abiding by this.

I hope so! It's our last chance to catch it right before it leaves Epcot, and it looks really cute and entertaining.

That's so sweet! I love all the stuff, especially the Mickey tissue box.

This is smart! By the second half of the trip, we're always dragging a bit and need more breaks. Whoever said vacation was relaxing obviously never went hardcore at WDW.

Definitely! I find the days I do the best are the ones where I drink an entire bottle of water before I even leave the room in the morning, and then just keep sipping away all day. Once you get dehydrated, it's hard to catch up again. So hot!

We weren't Prime members (at least not for the US version of the site. We are for amazon Canada.) But we had water delivered from amazon once or twice. It worked fine. Recently we've had a vehicle down there though, and we're renting a car this time, so we'll just stop at a Walmart or Publix or something on the way and get big jugs of water to refill our brita bottles.

I am excited about the Guardians of the Galaxy remix show, I think it will be fun

I think the water packs at the resort will be what I pick up.

Garden Grocer was getting pretty expensive and we always had so much left over so not worth it

Let’s stay hydrated on our trip so we can have a blast!!

Love all your Mickey gifts :love:

We used Amazon Prime Now in April for the first time and really liked it. We ordered while we were getting off the cruise ship and our stuff was delivered before we arrived at our WDW resort. If it’s just water that you need, I don’t know that I’d bother, but we got snacks and breakfast items so for us it was a great deal.
I do have Amazon prime so I may use that or just get the water packs at the resort.
The last few times Andi didn’t eat anything from Garden Grocer so it was a waste!
I do like a certain coffee cream from the grocery store and the resorts don’t have it, oh well not big problems in the scheme of things.

I thought the Mickey gifts were so cute.

WOOHOOO!!!!!! Down to 18 days for us!

What sweet gifts. Love the Mickey zip lock!

I had to think for a really long time about what this was. Haven't figured out the new lingo yet!

Oh this are some of my favorites. So jealous you all are at the Poly again. I debated it as we really love it there, but ultimately decided on Beach Club since we've never been and I know Casey will love the pool.

You got that right. We've had a pretty cool summer all things considered so we will most definitely be abiding by this.

I think you will love the BC, we stayed DVC studio there once and really loved the resort and location!

We have had a cooler summer as well, in fact today is 30 degrees cooler than yesterday! It was 86 and today it is 56 right now, yikes. Disney’s hotndays sound really good right now.

Did you know the abbreviation for the new aliens ride in TSL is A** :rotfl2:I guess we are to use AS2 on here.

Time is ticking, tick, tick! 11 days from today we will be in Disney World:woohoo:

I need to pick up more Disney GC’s from Target and some type of tan spray for my legs, ugh I have really white legs this summer! Anyone have any tips for this pale gal?? Every “fake tan” product I have tried, stink, (literally) and I have not been impressed. Since I am not getting any younger I always feel better with a little tan color on my legs and arms:beach: I will keep trying a few products before the trip.

I also feel like I didn’t plan enough new things for us, especially after reading @MeghanEmily plans for her trip, wow, she has many fun and different experiences! Oh well, I asked Andi last night if she wanted to add a tour or something else to the trip and she said our plans looks fine for now. We can always add a tour or new experience once we are there.

Day 7 will be up next in the tentative plans

IMG_Aug12018at84253PM.jpg IMG_Aug12018at84232PM.jpg IMG_Aug12018at84211PM.jpg IMG_Aug12018at84149PM.jpg IMG_Aug12018at84314PM.jpg
This day will start early with MK EMH at 7am, we will do some early morning favorites like PPF, 7DMT, BTMRR, JC, PoTC, and PM. I would like to try a waffle at the Sleepy Hallow snack stand.

We will take the monorail over to Epcot for the 9am opening. We want to meet Joy and Sadness first thing. Our FP+ is for Soarin at 10:40, LwtL at 11:50, and SE at 12:50.
IMG_Aug12018at84335PM.jpg IMG_Aug12018at84355PM.jpg IMG_Aug12018at84422PM.jpg

Hoping to say hi to Meghan and N at Epcot if it works out:wave2: It is their 1st Anniversary party:

We will head back to WL for a restful afternoon because we have a late night coming up!

I will try for a 4th FP for TSM after SE for the evening.

Evening plans include a late dinner at Sci-Fi at 8:45 before doing the EMH for TSL from 10:30 to 12:30. I am hoping to meet up with @MinnieWebster and @pepperandchips during this time at TSL
We are all going to be enjoying the new TSL. I hope I won’t be to tired lol!
IMG_Jun132018at75502PM.jpg

Hoping to ride SDD, AS2, and TSM during this time and maybe ToT:Pinkbounc

So this is the plans for 8/17/18. I got an email from TP today and the crowd tracker for my days shows less crowds then initially so I hope this is true! Days are dropping from 7’s to 4&5’s so if this is true that is terrific and in our favor!:dancer:

I hope to finish up my plans over the weekend and also do my packing and get organized for the trip. I have to work up until the day we leave next week so I need to get ready this weekend.

Stay tuned for a wrap up of this PTR, coming soon!!

I think your plans looks great how they are! You're totally right that you can always add something when you get there if you decide you want to, or end up with extra spending money, etc. You and Andi will have a ball! I'm really excited for all the new things we've got planned for our trip, but we're planning for this to be the last big non-budget trip we take for a while, so we're trying to treat it kind of like a Last Hurrah before we scale back a bit. :)

Evening plans include a late dinner at Sci-Fi at 8:45 before doing the EMH for TSL from 10:30 to 12:30. I am hoping to meet up with @MinnieWebster and @pepperandchips during this time at TSL
We are all going to be enjoying the new TSL. I hope I won’t be to tired lol!

Can't wait!! I am so excited to see TSL! I'm hoping I am not too tired also, since we are leaving the airport between 4 and 5 that morning to head to our resort (after arriving at MCO at 11:30pm the night before...) :faint:

Fellow member of the pale girl club here! I quite like jergens natural glow lotion, it doesn't give you the full tan look but it does add some color!

Your plans for EMH sound great. I am sure you will get a lot done with such an early opening!

A busy day it will be! But sounds so fun!

I think your plans looks great how they are! You're totally right that you can always add something when you get there if you decide you want to, or end up with extra spending money, etc. You and Andi will have a ball! I'm really excited for all the new things we've got planned for our trip, but we're planning for this to be the last big non-budget trip we take for a while, so we're trying to treat it kind of like a Last Hurrah before we scale back a bit. :)
Ahh Thanks, I thought maybe we weren’t doing as many extra type things, since we have been so many times. I think we will have plenty to do. I love the thought of the Disney bubble, getting really excited!
Can't wait!! I am so excited to see TSL! I'm hoping I am not too tired also, since we are leaving the airport between 4 and 5 that morning to head to our resort (after arriving at MCO at 11:30pm the night before...) :faint:
I know, you all will be more tired then us, lol! Disney adrenaline will keep you going!
Fellow member of the pale girl club here! I quite like jergens natural glow lotion, it doesn't give you the full tan look but it does add some color!

Your plans for EMH sound great. I am sure you will get a lot done with such an early opening!

A busy day it will be! But sounds so fun!
Thanks for your advice one pale gal to another, lol! Andi keeps telling me pale is in now. I bought the Jergens natural glow and so far I like it. The self tanners just don’t work well for me, I am so fair it just looks to fake, lol!
We do love EMH it works well for us

1 week from today and we will be in Disney World:banana:

I brought my suitcase into my room, packing will begin this evening.
IMG_Aug42018at72436PM.jpg

I have to work every day next week so I want to have most of my packing done before Friday.

We leave super early next Saturday morning.

Day 8 tentative plans are starting now........

We plan to sleep in some this morning after our late night at DHS.

We have brunch plans at Trails End, I am really looking forward to this, it will be a first for both of us. I plan on walking over there from WL. There is a great walking path in which I read about and I am excited to try it out. Our ADR is for 11:45. I have read some awesome reviews about this Brunch.
I am excited to try the grits, pulled pork benedict, Mickey waffles, corn bread, and some savory items as well.

We have FP+ for Epcot after Brunch, the line-up is FEA 1:35-2:35, SE 2:40-3:40, The Seas 3:55-4:55
We have not done Turtle Talk, how is it? I would like to see it, Andi never wants to go, I think because of all the little kids in there:confused3

This evening is pretty open, we most likely will head over to MK, we will try for a 4th FP there.

We will snack this evening, since we will have had a large meal earlier. This will be a HEA night for us. We will probably watch from Fantasy Land, I love the view from there.

I filled out my faxes today from TP for room requests at the Pop and the WL, wish us luck
I requested a room in the 60’s top floor and a upper floor room at WL. :bitelip:

I will put Day 9&10 together in my next post and finally put this PTR to bed!! We are planning a trip in March with my sister for Andi’s spring break and it of course looks to be the busiest spring break week, ugh! I will probably put a few pre-trip highlights for that trip in my next TR.

Take care Everyone and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
IMG_Aug42018at80154PM.jpg

I liked the neckline on this one, can wear at Epcot/MK
I have this shirt too! I always get compliments on it. So cute!

Perfect items for our trip.
What an awesome co-worker!

This maybe a good day to take a bus back to the Poly and eat lunch there. Love the shredded pork nachos here and we have to say hi to one of my favorite resorts!
I am dying to try those nachos as well. They sound so good!

We have not done Turtle Talk, how is it? I would like to see it, Andi never wants to go, I think because of all the little kids in there:confused3
Oh my gosh, you will LOVE Turtle Talk. It was a favourite of ours when the boys were small and I went for the first time on my own last summer. It was hilarious!!!! You definitely should go!

Yeah for packing. I'm rarely ahead of the game but I'll be furiously at it while you are taking off. I work all week leading up to our trip too usually get home late so I'm gonna be ahead of the game for the first time. Also don't want to have to do laundry the day before :P

Hope you all enjoy Trails End. We did brunch a few years back and enjoyed it. I found the breakfast offerings to be better than lunch, but their fried chicken was divine.

I've read several of your TRs but don't think I've every commented. I realized that our trips overlap by two days but I don't think we will be in the same place on either day. On the 11th, I'm going to be at AK and Disney Springs. And then on the 12th, I'm doing Early Morning Magic at MK before having to catch the DME around 2 pm. I almost opted for DAH on Saturday night but decided I didn't want to rush from AK to MK for that event. Instead I choose to do EMM the next morning.

I have this shirt too! I always get compliments on it. So cute!

What an awesome co-worker!

I am dying to try those nachos as well. They sound so good!
Ahh we both have awesome taste!

Target had so many cute Disney items and my coworker couldn’t resist.

The nachos from Captain Cooke’s are so yummy, give them a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter