Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

Oh my gosh, you will LOVE Turtle Talk. It was a favourite of ours when the boys were small and I went for the first time on my own last summer. It was hilarious!!!! You definitely should go!
I have heard this many times so I hope I can convince Andi to check it out with me!

Yeah for packing. I'm rarely ahead of the game but I'll be furiously at it while you are taking off. I work all week leading up to our trip too usually get home late so I'm gonna be ahead of the game for the first time. Also don't want to have to do laundry the day before :P

Hope you all enjoy Trails End. We did brunch a few years back and enjoyed it. I found the breakfast offerings to be better than lunch, but their fried chicken was divine.
I usually pack the day before, I am a wonderful planner but procrastinate the packing, I don’t care for it.
I am almost all done packing a first for me!
I am really looking forward to TE Brunch! I hope the chicken is better than our HDDR chicken!

Day 8 sounds great! I have never done Turtle Talk either so can't help there! Ending the night at MK is always a good thing :thumbsup2
Thank you, I have heard Turtle Talk is quite funny for the young and not so young, lol!
I think this will be our HEA night at MK, since we have the time to head back into MK!

I've read several of your TRs but don't think I've every commented. I realized that our trips overlap by two days but I don't think we will be in the same place on either day. On the 11th, I'm going to be at AK and Disney Springs. And then on the 12th, I'm doing Early Morning Magic at MK before having to catch the DME around 2 pm. I almost opted for DAH on Saturday night but decided I didn't want to rush from AK to MK for that event. Instead I choose to do EMM the next morning.
Hi, I was reading your PTR and was hoping we could have met up, it looks like we will be at the opposite sides of the World! We are really excited for the DAH and on Sunday, we will be sleeping in when you are having fun at MK! I really hope you have a wonderful trip, I wish our paths would have crossed, always fun to say hi to a fellow Diser!

Hi, I was reading your PTR and was hoping we could have met up, it looks like we will be at the opposite sides of the World! We are really excited for the DAH and on Sunday, we will be sleeping in when you are having fun at MK! I really hope you have a wonderful trip, I wish our paths would have crossed, always fun to say hi to a fellow Diser!

Darn! I would have been fun to meet up. I really did think about doing both DAH and EMM but figured it might be too much. Plus one of the goals for this trip is to see Pandora at night because I missed that my last two trips. I didn't want to rush myself out of AK to make it to MK in time for DAH.

Bags are packed and we are ready to go!!! Well, at least I am pretty much ready, Andi not quite. I am surprised she did spend some time before work getting organized.

I bought more Disney Gift Cards to cover all our expenses, I do save about $50-60 dollars getting these at Target and Sam’s Club.
IMG_Aug82018at63115PM.jpg

The last two days of our trip will start now...................
Day 9, 8/19. PhotoPass Day:cheer2: I just read about this, should be fun with the added characters, magic shots, and props being used.

We will start this day at AK, we have morning FP+ for Dinosaur, FoP, Safari. I want to get the magic shot with Huey, Dewey, and Louie and a meet with Bolt! There is also a magic shot with Kevin from UP and props by Nemo, Safari, and UP! Bird Adventure. It really sounds fun, I think we could be one of the first in line for Bolt if we plan right.

I think we will have an early lunch in the park then head back to the room to rest up.

Our evening plans include Epcot WS, the PhotoPass opportunities will continue with World Traveler Magic shots in all 11 countries and a Baby Groot magic shot in FW by the Galaxy themed wall! This will be fun. We have an ADR at Via Napoli this evening. We both have enjoyed our meals here and haven’t been for awhile. I am excited to go back!

We will probably try for a 4th FP here before our WS tour. If we aren’t overly tired we may head over to DHS for a few hours since this is our last night.:sad:

I’m excited we will be available to participate in the photo event this day.

Monday 8/20, Day 10, last day of the trip.:sad2: I feel bad and it hasn’t even happened yet:lmao:

We will spend the morning in MK. I want to do a few favorite rides, HM, PoTC, PM, and Dumbo. Our FP+ is for 7 DMT, Buzz, and PPF. I don’t know if we will get to use all 3.

We have a breakfast ADR at CP, I loved it so much on our last trip, I booked it again!
I think we will take our carry on luggage to MK, put in a locker then walk over to CR and Uber to the airport around noon.
IMG_Aug82018at63143PM.jpg

This will give us a little extra time at MK before the dreaded airport wait and our flight home. We will be home around 8pm so not to bad.

This is a really special trip because in less than 2 weeks once home, Andi will be moving into her dorm at college. I have been through this before with our son, Jack, and it is tough! I will be one sad mom for awhile. I think writing a TR will help me deal and I can relive our trip!

This PTR has covered 5 WDW trips, wow, that is a lot! It has really been fun putting down my plans in this format. Thank you to all of you reading along and especially those commenting, it really makes it more fun!

This PTR is now complete!

That's so cool that you will be there for Photopass day! All the offerings sound so fun! I can't wait to see what you're able to do :)

Your last 2 days sound great. Smart idea to bring your carry ons with you so you can uber to the airport- any extra time in MK is good!

Have an amazing trip!! I'm sure it will be extra special to spend this time with Andi before she goes to college. I look foward to hearing about it when you get back! :)

Day 9, 8/19. PhotoPass Day:cheer2: I just read about this, should be fun with the added characters, magic shots, and props being used.
Oh my gosh, how fun is that going to be????

Monday 8/20, Day 10, last day of the trip.:sad2: I feel bad and it hasn’t even happened yet:lmao:
It's always the way.......

We have a breakfast ADR at CP, I loved it so much on our last trip, I booked it again!
Such a great breakfast.

This is a really special trip because in less than 2 weeks once home, Andi will be moving into her dorm at college. I have been through this before with our son, Jack, and it is tough! I will be one sad mom for awhile. I think writing a TR will help me deal and I can relive our trip!
You and I will have to commiserate with each other. My Jack moves into his dorm on September 2nd. I'm not ready!!!!!!

Have a great trip!
:thanks:

Have fun! Hopefully we'll see you next Friday at TSL :cool1:
:thanks: Hope to see you Friday!

That's so cool that you will be there for Photopass day! All the offerings sound so fun! I can't wait to see what you're able to do :)

Your last 2 days sound great. Smart idea to bring your carry ons with you so you can uber to the airport- any extra time in MK is good!

Have an amazing trip!! I'm sure it will be extra special to spend this time with Andi before she goes to college. I look foward to hearing about it when you get back! :)
:thanks:

Oh my gosh, how fun is that going to be????

It's always the way.......

Such a great breakfast.

You and I will have to commiserate with each other. My Jack moves into his dorm on September 2nd. I'm not ready!!!!!!
:thanks:Let’s keep in touch on here and share our sorrow sending the kids off to college! Safe travels to you also!

Safe travels Caroline. Can't wait to hear about it!
:thanks: You as well have a safe trip and maybe our paths will cross!

We leave super early next Saturday morning.

That's tomorrow! Have an amazing trip!

We have not done Turtle Talk, how is it? I would like to see it, Andi never wants to go, I think because of all the little kids in there:confused3

This will be a HEA night for us. We will probably watch from Fantasy Land, I love the view from there.

Maybe we'll try to catch it from there in October.

I filled out my faxes today from TP for room requests at the Pop and the WL, wish us luck
I requested a room in the 60’s top floor and a upper floor room at WL. :bitelip:

Good luck! Both times I've used them, I've gotten my requests :thumbsup2

We are planning a trip in March with my sister for Andi’s spring break and it of course looks to be the busiest spring break week, ugh! I will probably put a few pre-trip highlights for that trip in my next TR.

Bummer, but I'm sure it will still be amazing!

I bought more Disney Gift Cards to cover all our expenses, I do save about $50-60 dollars getting these at Target and Sam’s Club.
img_aug82018at63115pm-jpg.342415

Nice!

It's always sad, even to think about :sad1:

Oh my gosh, I can only imagine :sad::sad::sad: We'll be here for you :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter