Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

So that is the FP line up, let me know what you all think and share your FP days as well.
You may know this but I couldn't get FoP the day I wanted it, so I ended up moving things around and getting Na'vi that day (which was earlier in our trip) and then FoP towards the end of our trip. The day I got it I got it for 3pm which is when I wanted it, but I looked at the availability earlier that day and there was none. Then last weekend I was making FP's for a client and couldn't get her FoP AT ALL for either of her AK days which sucks. FoP is even harder to get than FEA was :mad:

I heard the fab 5 are all returning to CS in the future world outfits, anyone else read this. Bonus if true:dancer:
I haven't heard that but if it's true, we're doing Character Spot again!!!

You got great FP's!!! I did not get good FP's because no one gave me good input. Because we have to renew our AP in Aug. I was only able to book for 2 days and MNSSHHP.

UPDATE: Since DH decided to come along I will no longer have free dining. But since I am turning 50 in September I decided to pay out of pocket for it. So I am keeping all my dining plans, YIPPEE!

I would love to meet up. I arrive in the evening on 6/30 so let me know when it will be o to meet up.

Oldest DD performed in CandleLight all 4 years in HS. For the choir it was torture because they have to stand in the heat with heavy robes. One year her friend passed out from the heat. Disney handled it so well no one in the audience never new what was going on.
I love to hear the readings but I always feel so bad for the kids in the choir.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great addition to your plans! I have never been to Coral Reef but have always wanted to try it!

It is so weird for us to only have 2 days of MK fast passes this trip. I am happy that we will have more at AK now because Pandora, but still a little sad about less at MK :( I am super excited that i get to take my grad pictures in my favorite place in the whole world! Hopefully I am not too sweaty in them lol
I think we will still get many rides in at MK especially the way we tour!

I hope the weather is good for grad picture day!

Sounds like a great addition to your plans! I have never been to Coral Reef but have always wanted to try it!
I am excited to give Coral Reef a try for dinner. I tried to pick a place we haven't had dinner at yet and has some pricey entrees on the menu to make the cost worth it!

You may know this but I couldn't get FoP the day I wanted it, so I ended up moving things around and getting Na'vi that day (which was earlier in our trip) and then FoP towards the end of our trip. The day I got it I got it for 3pm which is when I wanted it, but I looked at the availability earlier that day and there was none. Then last weekend I was making FP's for a client and couldn't get her FoP AT ALL for either of her AK days which sucks. FoP is even harder to get than FEA was :mad:

I haven't heard that but if it's true, we're doing Character Spot again!!!
I was surprised how quick the FoP FP went, I hesitated and it was gone!
We got it twice and Na'vi once so not to bad.

I am sure I read about the change at Character Spot, hope I didn't imagine it, it would be fun to see all five main characters there and the different outfits.

Following along!! We are taking our first ever trip also from Aug 26 - Sept 3 we are staying at POP taking my son and daughter for their birthday. My daughter turns 16 on Aug 7 and my son 18 on Oct 7. They are super excited to go as I have been because this is a dream trip for me to. We will be doing the MNSSHP on Se[t 1.

Following along!! We are taking our first ever trip also from Aug 26 - Sept 3 we are staying at POP taking my son and daughter for their birthday. My daughter turns 16 on Aug 7 and my son 18 on Oct 7. They are super excited to go as I have been because this is a dream trip for me to. We will be doing the MNSSHP on Se[t 1.
:welcome: How exciting for you all! I hope you and family have a great time. It is an awesome trip for teens. You will love the MNSSHP, make sure you make time for the fireworks and the parade at the party, it will not disappoint.

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful July 4thpixiedust:

Our new AP bands arrived. I decided on red and Andi went with pink.
IMG_0889.JPG
I am not sure if I will get a decal for the band. There are so many cute ideas out there. Do you all decorate your magic bands?

I have decided to request Rarotonga Long House at the Poly!
I have picked a room on the third floor on TP room finder. I have had luck the last two times using the fax from TP sent to Disney. I hope it works out this time. Rarotonga is close to the Ceremonial House. The room view I picked faces the quiet pool and the noise level is 0 so should be nice and quiet.

The last time we stayed I didn't request anything and we got a 2nd floor room which does not have a balcony. We were in Tuvalu. We of course were facing a bush! It was a little more noisy in this long house because the boat transportation is right across from Tuvalu. The horns were a little loud but not bad. I still loved The Poly overall and the main pool was closed, the lobby was a mess and Captain Cooks was in a temporary location so this will be better for sure. Here are a few pictures from our views in 2014.
IMG_0893.JPG IMG_0894.JPG IMG_0895.JPG
The last picture was outside our window.
Stay tuned for a run down on each day, now that I have our FP, ADR's, and park days figured out. It will be fun after the trip for me to compare to see if we stayed true to the plans.
Anyone else having trouble with the Dis website ugh! I have and lately really glitchy.

Last edited:
45 Days to go pixiedust:

Hello to all, the count down is really on :hourglass This is so exciting. I paid off the balance of the trip today. I am a Home Care RN for one of the hospitals here in Duluth and I use my mileage checks to pay for our Disney trips.:car: I stash the checks and don't count them towards are household budget so it works out great, plus we get the government rate for mileage so it is quite good. If my car breaks down or I need a new one, I maybe in trouble lol!

On arrival day, we will be flying in to Orlando from Minneapolis, MN on Delta. I have many frequent flier miles with Delta and also have the American Express associated with Delta so Andi's flight is free and we each get a free checked bag so this is good.

We arrive "home" around 12:00pm so we have a decent amount of time to enjoy MK.
IMG_0897.jpg
I am hoping after we drop off our carry on with bell service, we will be getting into MK by 2:00pm. Our first FP+ is from 2:45-3:45 for Splash, next is BTMRR from 3:45-4:45 and the third one is 7DMT from 3:50-4:50. I am hoping to also ride my favorite ride the People Mover!
IMG_0898.jpg
We will head back to the Poly in the evening. I am thinking of trying Trader Sam's for some appetizers and a speciality drink. It is between Trader Sam's and Kona's take out window for sushi, not sure yet but leaning toward Trader Sam's then dessert at Tambu lounge. I am hoping to have a Dis meet with @suse66. I am also hoping sometime during the trip I can have a Dis meet with @AliceNDinah and @mercydisney. Also, anyone else who will be vacationing from 8/26-9/4 let me know. It would be fun to say hi.

I love the first day at Disney, the whole trip in front of you makes it so awesome! I am not sure if we will go back into MK for a few more rides that night, I hope to if I am not to tired. Our day will be starting early this day.

So this is what Day 1 will look like. I will leave you all with one of my favorite pictures of Andi and I with Cinderella. The Cinderella is creepy don't you all think lol!
IMG_0902.JPG
Yay for magic bands! I have used decals to decorate mine in the past!
I have used Fantasy bands I believe, so I may order a couple new ones for the new bands.
I love this thread---it makes me excited for our trip! 48 days and counting.......
It is so exciting, did you do online check in? I did but didn't request anything since I will use the TP room finder fax. I don't want to wish away our short summer in MN. But I am really excited for the end of August!:beach:

OH MY GOSH, so excited!!! 46 days to go here, ha. First: that Cinderella really IS creepy. It's all in the eyes, LOL. You two look great though :) Lots of blue in that picture! Oh that would be amazing to meet you both in person, we will have to see how everything lines up!! I do know we are planning a Kona Cafe breakfast on Tuesday, the 29th, I know you are staying at the Poly. We'll see, that would be really fun!!
I DID do online check in. I just requested a first floor corner room....is this something we don't know until we get to the Riverside, which room we are in? I'm such a first-timer here!
YES, I am with you Caroline: I don't want to wish away our summer, but COME ON AUGUST!!!! Specifically, end of August/State Fair time ;---)
I was really excited to see a new post from you, yay!
Hope your day is a good one, and take care.

I am the last to go LOL! 49 Days!!! I have yet to decorate my bands. But I do have one in every color. So I coordinate my outfits. I do not have the new MB so I might just go ahead and decorate. Please post your ideas.

Frivolous question time, Caroline: What color MagicBands do you and Andi get?? I initially chose yellow (the color of happiness) and am now waffling over the blue and pink too.....ha, told you it was frivolous!
I'm sure by now you have quite the array! I have until the 27th to get a decision down pat, LOL

OH MY GOSH, so excited!!! 46 days to go here, ha. First: that Cinderella really IS creepy. It's all in the eyes, LOL. You two look great though :) Lots of blue in that picture! Oh that would be amazing to meet you both in person, we will have to see how everything lines up!! I do know we are planning a Kona Cafe breakfast on Tuesday, the 29th, I know you are staying at the Poly. We'll see, that would be really fun!!
I DID do online check in. I just requested a first floor corner room....is this something we don't know until we get to the Riverside, which room we are in? I'm such a first-timer here!
YES, I am with you Caroline: I don't want to wish away our summer, but COME ON AUGUST!!!! Specifically, end of August/State Fair time ;---)
I was really excited to see a new post from you, yay!
Hope your day is a good one, and take care.
It would be fun to say hi to a fellow Disney lover, we will keep in touch and hope it works out. I haven't been to the state fair in several years now, always a fun time. We use to live in Champlin and we would go every year. You won't know until you get to Riverside which room you get. I have found that Disney does try to honor your requests the majority of the time. Did you sign up for the room text or are you going to the front desk? We have used the room alert text the last few times and it is really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter