Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

I am the last to go LOL! 49 Days!!! I have yet to decorate my bands. But I do have one in every color. So I coordinate my outfits. I do not have the new MB so I might just go ahead and decorate. Please post your ideas.
Yay to count downs for sure! I have a magic band in every color except grey now. I have two decorated, one is decorated for Halloween so I will bring that for the party definitely. I have tried Your Fantasy Bands decal shop on line. I have seen bands which have been painted with cute designs. I would destroy mine if I tried that. I am not artistic at all.:rolleyes1

Frivolous question time, Caroline: What color MagicBands do you and Andi get?? I initially chose yellow (the color of happiness) and am now waffling over the blue and pink too.....ha, told you it was frivolous!
I'm sure by now you have quite the array! I have until the 27th to get a decision down pat, LOL
There is nothing frivolous related to Disney, lol! I have a red 2.0 band for this trip, purple is my favorite color and I have a purple 2.0 as well. Here is a picture of our magic bands. Andi saves everything, you should see her room, it looks like Disney exploded in there! I love the orange one as well with the HM wallpaper decal.
IMG_0904.JPG

There is nothing frivolous related to Disney, lol! I have a red 2.0 band for this trip, purple is my favorite color and I have a purple 2.0 as well. Here is a picture of our magic bands. Andi saves everything, you should see her room, it looks like Disney exploded in there! I love the orange one as well with the HM wallpaper decal.
View attachment 252298
Awesome!! I love all your MB decorations!!! I will also destroy my MB's if I would try to decorate. I did polish a red MB in green sparkly nail polish for Christmas. Not sure where it went, LOL pretty bad decorating and I threw it away.

So excited for you!! You are getting closer. Did you figure out your costume yet for MNSSHHP?

Oh I love all your MagicBands all together, how cute. We are at 45 days today, whooohoooo. I love purple as well, and considered it for a Band color. Ahhhhh, too many good ones, I will stick with yellow this time around; yellow is so happy which I definitely associate with Disney!!!!!

Hi again!
Hmmmm, I believe I am going to the front desk at Riverside, I honestly can't remember if I signed up for the room text....yes, we try and do the State Fair every year, very fun :)

That would be very fun to meet up along the way---you really feel like you get to know people through these boards, I can just imagine how fun it would be do a meet up!!

Oh I love all your MagicBands all together, how cute. We are at 45 days today, whooohoooo. I love purple as well, and considered it for a Band color. Ahhhhh, too many good ones, I will stick with yellow this time around; yellow is so happy which I definitely associate with Disney!!!!!
We have a Disney tree in the family room and we put all the magic bands on it, with our Disney ornaments.
Yellow is perfect for fun in the sun in August.

Hi again!
Hmmmm, I believe I am going to the front desk at Riverside, I honestly can't remember if I signed up for the room text....yes, we try and do the State Fair every year, very fun :)

That would be very fun to meet up along the way---you really feel like you get to know people through these boards, I can just imagine how fun it would be do a meet up!!
We have used the text notification the last couple times and works so nice, sometimes the front desk is so busy.
We will definitely stay in touch and hopefully can meet up. I have met one person and her family so far from here, she writes awesome dining reports, it was fun to see her in person! She is @kastoney on here, check out her Dining reports, so great!

IMG_0899.jpg
:hyper:Hello Everyone! How excited is everyone about all the new Disney plans revealed at the expo? I sure am. We will need to keep going to Disney World that is for sure. The SW hotel has me very intrigued. It will certainly be a way to get, my son, Jack, down there with us. He is a huge SW fan like his mom. Disney sounds quite ambitious with all the new attractions. It sounds like the attractions are all targeted to be open by the 50 year mark.
I wonder about that, since it took over 7 years for Pandora:confused3
IMG_0983.JPG

Well on with Day 2 for our August trip. This will be a Sunday and our first full day in Disney. Yippee! This day will be DHS and MK. Andi and I are in the RD and early morning group of Disney vacationers. We will be off early to DHS. We will be in the studios for RD, we will do SB for Toy story then over to Rockin for Andi. I rode this ride once and just can't get the nerve up to ride again. I am not a big fan of fast roller coasters. Our first FP is for ToT at 9:15-10:15, Star tours is next from 10:15-11:15 and TSM from 11:35-12:35. I just heard the GMR will be closed on 8/19/17 so no last ride on this. We used to love this ride, we have done this attraction many times. Andi was mad when the narrative portion changed and was managed by TMC, she was not into it anymore. Oh well, I am so glad we did this many times before it's closure.
IMG_0742.JPG IMG_0677.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG
We will most likely get a carrot cake cookie for breakfast, yummy. We will most likely head out of this park by 1:00pm. This is a day we would normally head back to the Poly to hang out then head into MK for the evening. We have a BoG dinner at 7:30pm. We will try to get FP for MK as soon as we get in line for TSM.

I am still undecided on the express bus because of the way we tour. We always start early, take a break, head out in the evening so not sure if it would be worth it for us.

I am really excited for BoG dining, I sure hope it does not disappoint. I think I will try the Braised Beef, not sure yet. I know Andi will either have chicken or the shrimp and scallop entree. We will definitely get the Master's cupcake and maybe another one.
IMG_0931.JPG IMG_9400.JPG
We will hang out in the beautiful MK taking in the evening fun, we may miss HEA tonight depending on dinner timing, no worries we will see it for sure! So Day 2 will be in the books. What do you all think about the day and the express transportation yah or neh?? Let me know. Have a great day. Please forgive my dorky look in the DHS photo, I wanted you all to see my great SW top!

Day 2 plans sound great! Your morning at DHS sounds perfect. I'm sorry you will miss out on GMR one last time.

I think you will enjoy dinner at BOG! I have gone twice and neither time disappointed me :)

Day 2 plans sound great! Your morning at DHS sounds perfect. I'm sorry you will miss out on GMR one last time.

I think you will enjoy dinner at BOG! I have gone twice and neither time disappointed me :)
Thank you, I am excited for all the new attractions so glad we did the GMR many times!
Good to know you liked BoG both times!

Caroline, I need more pre-trip plans from you :) It's so exciting reading it all!!! I believe I am currently sitting at 40 more days to go, whooohooo! Ahhhhh, the excitement is building.

Hello everyone!

On to Day 3, this day will be AK and relaxing at the Poly for me after Ohana dinner!
IMG_0430.JPG

We will be getting up bright and early again for early entry to AK! The strategy for this morning is to try and ride FoP at RD, then head to the Safari. Our first FP is for EE at 9:15-10:15. Andi will most likely ride twice because I feel like my neck is going to break on this ride for some reason. Ugh! Again, I will say not a fan of fast roller coasters especially ones that zoom backwards.

After EE, we may check times and go find a Dinosaur (extra large). Then, the plan is to have an early lunch at Satu'li Canteen. We want to try the Cheese burger pods. The Nav'i river ride is the next FP from 11:25-12:25. So excited to experience Pandora! Our last FP will be at Dinosaur from 12:25-1:25pm. I am thinking the express bus would be good today to head to MK for a few extra FP before going back to the Poly for dinner at 7:30pm. Dinosaur!
IMG_0859.JPG
I may try to watch HEA from the Poly beach tonight. I am excited for dinner, we really enjoyed it last time we were there in October. The dessert is so yummy! This will be Day 3 in the books.
IMG_7382.JPG IMG_7323.JPG IMG_7396.JPG

Caroline, I need more pre-trip plans from you :) It's so exciting reading it all!!! I believe I am currently sitting at 40 more days to go, whooohooo! Ahhhhh, the excitement is building.
That is so funny, the timing was perfect. I am on a staycation this week and working on my plans! I just updated. What are your plans for Pandora? It will be fun to take it all in!

LOL, I love that you put a new day up, when I was looking for more!
Let's see, we are doing AK on our day 3 (August 29). I snagged a Na'vi River Journey FP for 10:05 that morning. Obviously I couldn't get FOP for that day---we are headed back later on Day 5, August 31. I got a FP for FOP at 4:45 that afternoon, then we are staying to take in the Rivers Of Lights (which I also got a FP for)
Ooooh, I love that you are on a staycation and getting to work on your plans!!!!! You and Andi are just the cutest Mother/Daughter pair. I realllllly am enjoying your beautiful pictures as well.
That dessert you posted looks FABULOUS. Might that be 'Ohana bread pudding??
Keep up the good work ;----)

LOL, I love that you put a new day up, when I was looking for more!
Let's see, we are doing AK on our day 3 (August 29). I snagged a Na'vi River Journey FP for 10:05 that morning. Obviously I couldn't get FOP for that day---we are headed back later on Day 5, August 31. I got a FP for FOP at 4:45 that afternoon, then we are staying to take in the Rivers Of Lights (which I also got a FP for)
Ooooh, I love that you are on a staycation and getting to work on your plans!!!!! You and Andi are just the cutest Mother/Daughter pair. I realllllly am enjoying your beautiful pictures as well.
That dessert you posted looks FABULOUS. Might that be 'Ohana bread pudding??
Keep up the good work ;----)
We couldn't get a FoP our first AK day either. I am enjoying my leisurely days this week! Thanks for the compliments, I don't take the greatest pictures but Andi always looks cute! You are right the dessert is the famous Ohana bread pudding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter