Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

We couldn't get a FoP our first AK day either. I am enjoying my leisurely days this week! Thanks for the compliments, I don't take the greatest pictures but Andi always looks cute! You are right the dessert is the famous Ohana bread pudding.
Oooooh, I've heard that bread pudding is fabulous. We are going to Raglan Road one night just so I can try their bread pudding, ha ha ha. Ever been to Raglan?

Hi Everyone!
Before I start my plans for day 4, I wanted to update on the November trip. First the magical holiday deal is a bust for me. The price is actually a little more than the price I got when I initially planned the trip:confused3. I was hoping to upgrade to Yacht club for a good price, not happening at this point so we will stick with FQ standard room at this time. Delta flights from Duluth are really high right now. I like to fly out of our town in the winter because with our crazy weather I don't want to drive 3 hours to Minneapolis. I haven't booked flights yet, I will keep checking. I know it is a busy travel time so I should not be surprised by the prices. Oh well. Now on to the August trip!

Boo to you, Happy Halloween:maleficen:hmghost:! Day 4 is MNSSHP!

This is party day! We will have a leisurely morning. The plan is to head to Epcot for FP in the morning. I want to try Tonga toast again so maybe this morning we will have some breakfast at Captain Cook's:banana:. I had it once at Kona Cafe in 2014 when we stayed at the Poly, it was good! Very sweet, if I remember correctly. The good news is you can get it at Captain Cook's for much less.

We will plan to head into Epcot by 10:00 for Soarin FP at 9:25-10:25, LwtL is the next one 10:50-11:50, Character Spot is 11:50-12:50. We will probably make a 4th FP for MK around 4 or 5. The FP at Epcot are pretty loose for this a.m. We will just see how goes.
IMG_0829.JPG
I would like to take an hour or so of relax time at the Poly before heading into MK for the party. I did make a change to our late lunch from LTT to The Plaza. Andi was more in the mood for burger, loaded fries, and milkshakes today not pot roast lol! Our ADR is at 2:30, I keep looking to see if I can push it back a little more to like 3:30 but no luck yet. Picture is from Disney food blog, thank you!
IMG_0913.JPG

BB8 and Rey will be making an appearance for the party. I tried on my dress yesterday and Andi tried on her Rey outfit. Here are a few pictures. Forgive the quality! I am going to wear black yoga capris underneath. Right now I think we will take the outfits with us and put them on after lunch and when the party starts.
IMG_1020.JPG IMG_0912.jpg

Our party strategy is to HAVE FUN!! We don't have to much planned other than the fireworks and the 2nd parade. I would like to see Pooh and friends in their costumes and maybe Mickey in his costume otherwise we are not to worried about other characters. We will do HM for sure and hopefully get a few new magic shots. We will tick or treat of course! I am really hoping the weather is okay! Rain at the party stinks! Boo. I wonder if the fireworks will still be called Hallow Wishes now that Wishes is gone??
IMG_0715.JPG IMG_0654.JPG IMG_0563.JPG IMG_0593.JPG

I will probably get a cream cheese pretzel for a snack at the Launch Pad, I really like these. Andi loves Dole whips and the regular Mickey pretzel. We will stay until the end hopefully.
IMG_7297.JPG

So this will be Day 4 in the books .:wave:

So, SO fun. Makes me want to be there right now. 39 days to go! Love your party outfits, how cute are they? My little boy, Benjamin, would love those too, ha :)

A leisurely morning at Epcot sounds great and you have some great FPs lined up!

Smart to eat a late lunch before the party! Your costumes are absolutely adorable! We won't be dressing up but I am brainstorming some ideas on some kind of matching shirts we can wear :)

Your plans for the party sound similar to mine- fireworks and 2nd parade are must dos! As is the Hocus Pocus castle show for me, as long as they are still doing it!

The cream cheese pretzel is one of my favorite Disney snacks, so yummy!

Hi Caroline and Happy Thursday :) Another burning question for you: What type/brand of shoes do you bring down to Disney?? The shoe question is running me ragged, ha ha. Don, my husband, should be all set, I am wondering about shoes for myself and Benjamin. Please divulge any fun clothing secrets, tips, advice----I'm really wondering what and how much to bring, clothing wise. And the ever-important shoe issue! Thanks for any help, it's appreciated!!!

Hi Caroline and Happy Thursday :) Another burning question for you: What type/brand of shoes do you bring down to Disney?? The shoe question is running me ragged, ha ha. Don, my husband, should be all set, I am wondering about shoes for myself and Benjamin. Please divulge any fun clothing secrets, tips, advice----I'm really wondering what and how much to bring, clothing wise. And the ever-important shoe issue! Thanks for any help, it's appreciated!!!
Hi, shoes are very important! I have heel/foot issues so I wear Kuru walking shoes and Birkenstock all the time. I walk about 4 miles a day and I find these shoes work the best for me. Find some comfortable, supportive shoes and wear them a lot before the trip. Blisters can be a problem down there. I don't get them but my shoes are well worn before we go. In August a shoe for wet weather is always nice as well, the puddles are huge in the parks when it rains. I take Disney themed tank tops, cotton shorts, rain jacket, and a light sweater. I have never needed pants or sweatshirt in August! I take a top for every day because of how hot it is. I love the hot weather, it is the only time at Disney that I am not freezing from the air conditioner. I read about putting each daily outfit in a ziplock bag then into suitcase. I have never done this, sounds interesting. Do you walk a lot? It really helps for the parks.

Hi and Happy Friday! Yes, I tend to walk alot...I want to bump that up in anticipation of the trip though. I will have to look into Kuru walking shoes for sure. I'm bringing a little first aid kit in case of blisters (God forbid, ha).
Ok, yes, I was thinking of not bringing anything long sleeved, or pants, etc....don't think they'll be needed. Oh yes, I've read about putting each daily outfit in a ziplock bag too! Maybe we'll try that, not sure. Thank you so much for the response, I appreciate your time, Caroline! Like I say, I just love this thread, it's getting me so excited to go. 37 days, arrghhhhh!!!! Oh, by the way, my name is Dana, don't think I've introduced myself ;---) Hope your day is good!!

A leisurely morning at Epcot sounds great and you have some great FPs lined up!

Smart to eat a late lunch before the party! Your costumes are absolutely adorable! We won't be dressing up but I am brainstorming some ideas on some kind of matching shirts we can wear :)

Your plans for the party sound similar to mine- fireworks and 2nd parade are must dos! As is the Hocus Pocus castle show for me, as long as they are still doing it!

The cream cheese pretzel is one of my favorite Disney snacks, so yummy!
Yes I was hoping for a laid back morning at Epcot
I am excited to eat at the Plaza, haven't been there in several years now.
I hope you and your parents have a wonderful party night. I found some cute tshirts on red bubble with the HM and hitchhiking ghosts which would be fun for the party.
The parade and fireworks are a must for us, we haven't watched the castle show, have you done it before, I wasn't sure we would care for it, Andi has no clue about Hocus Pocus lol!
So happy the cream cheese pretzel is back, I hope it stays!

Hi everyone!

Time to talk about Day 5:flower1:

Before I start, I just read Disney is giving a 30% AP discount for a few restaurants until the end of September, hmm, I may need to switch one of our dining ADR's to one of these places. Citricos, Flying Fish, Grand Floridian Cafe, and The Wave are ones I would be interested in trying and 30% is a good chunk of the bill.

I realized looking at our August ADR's I didn't do to good booking places that offer the discount, I don't think any of our ADR's offer the current 20% AP discount, oh well, we really used it for our last couple trips. I will keep you all updated if I change an ADR. The one I could change would be Teppan Edo. I have always wanted to try The Flying Fish or Citrico's for dinner.

On with Day 5, we will sleep in some because of the late night at the party. I do buy some groceries from Garden Grocer so we may just eat in the room and slowly make our way to AK. Our first FP is for the Safari from 11:30-12:30.
IMG_0915.JPG

I would like to try the loaded fries at Flame Tree BBQ, thanks Disney food blog. Don't these look delicious! I have read some good reviews on these and we do love this QS so why not.
IMG_0916.JPG

Our 2nd FP is for Dinosaur from 1:30-2:30, I love this corny ride, it is one of those special rides between Andi and I. We have shared a love for this since 2011 when she rode for the first time. Back in 2011 and 2012, AK had EMH in the evening. There was never many people there and only a few attractions were open and Andi and I rode Dinosaur about 10x in a row and memorized the whole ride! I know many don't care for this ride but we love it! Here is a picture of me waiting in line for Dinosaur, favorite ride, lol!
IMG_0914.JPG

Our 3rd FP is for FoP from 2:40-3:40, so this maybe our first ride on this or it could be our second if we get on our first AK day at RD. I am very excited for a new cool ride that isn't a roller coaster lol! It sure is getting awesome reviews so I hope we enjoy it as much as others have. We may see the Lion King show today between the Safari and Dinosaur, otherwise we will just soak in the atmosphere at this wonderful park. This park is my favorite with MK a close 2nd.

After our flight on a banshee, we will head out.

We have dinner tonight at 1900 PF, Andi requested this. The character interaction is so good here and the food is slightly better in my opinion than CP buffet. Our ADR is at 5:30pm. We will most likely head back into MK this evening for a few extra FP rides. I love staying at a monorail resort so we can park hop MK almost every day! Pictures from Disney food blog, thank you!
IMG_0917.JPG IMG_0918.JPG

I had thought of US/IOA for a day this trip but the cost is significant for one day and we were there in October for 2&1/2 days so I am 95% sure we won't be going there this trip. If we did it would be a lot of reorganizing my days. Wednesday's are more quiet at US so Day 5 would be the day we went there. I am saying no at this time but I do love Harry Potter World, so awesome. Let me know what you all think. It would cost us an extra 350.00 minimum for one day, this would include transportation, tickets, and food. Here are a few pictures from US in October.
IMG_7531.JPG IMG_0862.JPG IMG_7538.JPG

So this will be Day 5 in the books!:dogdance:

Oooooh, I've heard that bread pudding is fabulous. We are going to Raglan Road one night just so I can try their bread pudding, ha ha ha. Ever been to Raglan?
I forgot to reply to this and yes we have been to Raglan Road and loved it. The bread pudding was so delicious
Here is a tip, take the pudding out of the cup thing and pour the sauces over it, yum! Here are a few pictures of it.
IMG_0756.JPG IMG_7284.JPG IMG_7286.JPG IMG_7288.JPG

Oh yes! Bring it on baby! I read about this bread pudding in "Mousejunkies" and pretty much made the ADR because of their description, ha. Thanks for the photos!

Jealous. Upper 90s with high humidity here in central Illinois this week. Currently 93 and feels like 106! I want an ice bath and a large bowl of ice cream :faint:
Oh boy that is hot especially with the humidity. We rarely hit 90 here in Duluth, we do get humid in the summer at times but it never lasts more than a day or two then we get the Lake Superior wind and it cools us right down. Your weather sounds like Florida during our trip lol!

Oh boy that is hot especially with the humidity. We rarely hit 90 here in Duluth, we do get humid in the summer at times but it never lasts more than a day or two then we get the Lake Superior wind and it cools us right down. Your weather sounds like Florida during our trip lol!

Yeah, we're being forced to endure Florida-like weather. We just don't have the fun and excitement of WDW to make it even the slightest bit tolerable :joker:

Hi Everyone,

I researched the price of one day park to park tickets at US and wow, it would be $350.00 just for the tickets so I am thinking this will be a no go this summer. I am kicking myself, because if I would have been smart in October and upgraded our two day tickets to an AP at US it would have costed less than the one day tickets now ugh! I'm such a planner and totally missed the boat on that one! Oh well the next time we do go to US I will definitely upgrade to the AP. At US even if you go only one more time with the AP it more than pays for itself, plus the discounts.

On to Day 6!

We will be getting photos of Andi for Graduation yippee!
IMG_0921.JPG IMG_0920.JPG

The plan is to get some shots at the Poly, GF, CR, and front of MK. Andi has a couple cute outfits for this. She wants a WDW balloon and Traditiional Mickey ears embroidered with 2018. I hope all works out as planned. The photographer is a young man down in Orlando. He takes really nice pictures and many are at Disney. Andi has followed him on Instagram for several years and we have met him and his little brother a couple times at MK. He is williegoodmanphotography on Instagram if anyone wants to check out his pictures.

I was thinking of lunch at one of the QS places on the monorail loop depending where we end up after the pictures. We have FP for Epcot today. Our FP start in the early evening and we have dinner at Epcot.

Our first FP is for SE from 4:15-5:15, I love SE, it is my favorite ride in Epcot, I know it is old school but I love it. I remember way back in 1989 when I was down at Disney with my sister and my parents. Epcot and MK were the only two parks open at the time, MGM was going to be opening soon but not when we were there. We found Epcot absolutely awesome, very futuristic and beyond anything we had ever experienced. The dancing water in the fountain, SE, and Illuminations were so cool. It was by far our favorite park and we spent much time there. We thought the animation in SE was so innovative at that time. So any ways that is why I love Epcot and SE even though the park has many empty buildings right now.
IMG_0745.JPG

FP 2 is for TT from 5:30-6:30. I am one of the old version of TT fans. The new one is okay but I really liked the old one. I really don't care much for building a car, this is lost on me, once a trip on this ride is enough for me.

FP 3 is for character Spot from 6:30-7:30, I swear I read somewhere the characters were going to be the fab 5 again in their futuristic outfits, has anyone else heard this? I really hope it is true and is in August.
IMG_0757.JPGIMG_0828.JPG

Dinner tonight is Teppan Edo at 7:30, this will be new to us, we will probably share a meal and maybe share an appetizer. I read mixed reviews about this place, Andi really wanted to try it so we will! We will be heading back to the Poly after dinner. We may have to stop and get dessert in the WS before heading back. Images from Google, thanks!
IMG_0923.JPG IMG_0922.JPG

This will be Day 6 in the books!:Pinkbounc

Well can I just say I am a pretty big fan of building a car at test track. Nothing will ever beat "pinky dream" that's the best car that has ever graced TT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter