Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

Well can I just say I am a pretty big fan of building a car at test track. Nothing will ever beat "pinky dream" that's the best car that has ever graced TT.
I know how much you love designing the car and Pinky Dream was pretty awesome! You will have to try to beat your last ranking. SE and LwTL are more my speed ha, ha!

The parade and fireworks are a must for us, we haven't watched the castle show, have you done it before, I wasn't sure we would care for it, Andi has no clue about Hocus Pocus lol!

I saw the castle show a few years back and enjoyed it. I haven't see this new version though. She's never seen Hocus Pocus? Oh my gosh it's a classic!

It will be a nice, laid back AK day for you two!

I have always wanted to try 1900 Park Fare..one day!

I enjoy Universal Studios but it is becoming more expensive to take a day trip there!

I can't wait to see those grad pictures, that will be a great memory for Andi!

Sounds like a great afternoon/evening at Epcot planned.

Hi Caroline, I'm hungry for more posts from you ;----)
It's been really fun reading your pre-trip reports, arrghhhh, they get me so excited!

You have such great plans!!!
I honestly haven't made many plans except our fp's and I have only made one for each day. I also have made dinner reservation.
Making plans with DH is complicated because all he says he wants to do is stay in the room and go out to dinner. DD and know that I will not be the case once we are their.

I saw the castle show a few years back and enjoyed it. I haven't see this new version though. She's never seen Hocus Pocus? Oh my gosh it's a classic!

It will be a nice, laid back AK day for you two!

I have always wanted to try 1900 Park Fare..one day!

I enjoy Universal Studios but it is becoming more expensive to take a day trip there!

I can't wait to see those grad pictures, that will be a great memory for Andi!

Sounds like a great afternoon/evening at Epcot planned.
Andi has informed me, she has watched Hocus Pocus lol!
I am excited for AK and 1900 PF
I love US but the cost for one day is getting difficult to do each trip
I will definitely post some graduation pictures of Andi! Excited for her.

Hi Caroline, I'm hungry for more posts from you ;----)
It's been really fun reading your pre-trip reports, arrghhhh, they get me so excited!
I am back at work this week, yuck! Responsibilities of an adult UGH! I hope to have Day 7 up soon, hang in there, thanks for reading and commenting.

You have such great plans!!!
I honestly haven't made many plans except our fp's and I have only made one for each day. I also have made dinner reservation.
Making plans with DH is complicated because all he says he wants to do is stay in the room and go out to dinner. DD and know that I will not be the case once we are their.
Thanks for reading and enjoying my plans, do you all go to US much?

I have to laugh at your husband because he sounds just like mine, he always says it's vacation I'm hanging in the air con and watching sports in the hotel ugh! Those men. We went to Scottsdale AZ in August and he just about died from the heat,lol! He never came out of the room during the day.

img_1020-jpg.254134
img_0912-jpg.254136

The outfits are awesome! I am always one for Star Wars costumes!!

Before I start, I just read Disney is giving a 30% AP discount for a few restaurants until the end of September, hmm, I may need to switch one of our dining ADR's to one of these places. Citricos, Flying Fish, Grand Floridian Cafe, and The Wave are ones I would be interested in trying and 30% is a good chunk of the bill.

I saw this and really want to do one! We're only in WDW from Sept 3-5th and so the only time would be a late dinner on the 3rd or dinner on the 4th, but I wanted to save most dining for the F & W kiosks. Maybe I will just have to squeeze it in somewhere. It seems too good for a deal to not take advantage of it.

Love your daughter's outfit in the first pic!! You guys sure know how to dress the part!

The plan is to get some shots at the Poly, GF, CR, and front of MK. Andi has a couple cute outfits for this. She wants a WDW balloon and Traditiional Mickey ears embroidered with 2018. I hope all works out as planned. The photographer is a young man down in Orlando. He takes really nice pictures and many are at Disney. Andi has followed him on Instagram for several years and we have met him and his little brother a couple times at MK. He is williegoodmanphotography on Instagram if anyone wants to check out his pictures.

This is such a great idea! I wish I knew you could do this stuff back when I was in HS. I would have totally joined the DCP too if I knew that existed.

Our first FP is for SE from 4:15-5:15, I love SE, it is my favorite ride in Epcot, I know it is old school but I love it. I remember way back in 1989 when I was down at Disney with my sister and my parents. Epcot and MK were the only two parks open at the time, MGM was going to be opening soon but not when we were there. We found Epcot absolutely awesome, very futuristic and beyond anything we had ever experienced. The dancing water in the fountain, SE, and Illuminations were so cool. It was by far our favorite park and we spent much time there. We thought the animation in SE was so innovative at that time. So any ways that is why I love Epcot and SE even though the park has many empty buildings right now.

I love SE too and Epcot in general. I was sad to see all the Innoventions stuff go. I was a big fan of all the little things in there. But oh well, change is inevitable!

The outfits are awesome! I am always one for Star Wars costumes!!

I saw this and really want to do one! We're only in WDW from Sept 3-5th and so the only time would be a late dinner on the 3rd or dinner on the 4th, but I wanted to save most dining for the F & W kiosks. Maybe I will just have to squeeze it in somewhere. It seems too good for a deal to not take advantage of it.

Love your daughter's outfit in the first pic!! You guys sure know how to dress the part!

This is such a great idea! I wish I knew you could do this stuff back when I was in HS. I would have totally joined the DCP too if I knew that existed.

I love SE too and Epcot in general. I was sad to see all the Innoventions stuff go. I was a big fan of all the little things in there. But oh well, change is inevitable!

Thanks for commenting, I love SW so much, I hope I don't look to dorky as BB8, it will be fun!
I'm still looking at changing an ADR for the 30% off, great deal
We love US, I think I read in your PTR that you all will be going there this fall, I wish we could swing it this August but the cost is so much for about 8hours there.
Andi wants to get in the DCP so bad, I hope she does, it would be a perfect fit for her.
I just read your best day ever entry and I so get it, love Epcot and the little things!

:tiptoe:Hi Everyone! Guess what day it is, it is the 30 day count down todaypixiedust: This is so exciting, I haven't received my ME documents yet and the all important luggage tags! I am waiting patiently for them.:smooth:

I have also bought my gift cards from Sam's Club, I got $800.00 in cards and saved $40.00 with the discount. I also have some money left over on a few other cards so I think I am good to go for food and souvenirs :love:

Day 7. This will be Friday and we are getting up early to hit MK for EMH, this starts at 0800. I would love to ride PP, 7DMT, and Buzz then head over to HM at 0900. It would be nice to do the wildest ride in the wilderness as well before we head out. We won't stay to long, we usually have good luck and do many things in that first 1-2 hours.:sail:Oh and of course we will have to get a ride on Pirates. I think we will have some breakfast at The Poly before we end up at AK.
IMG_0863.JPG IMG_0749.JPG IMG_0860.JPG

We have our first FP for FoP from 12:35-1:35, I am hoping to get there in the line at about 1:00-1:15. Tiffins late lunch is up next at 2:00. This is a RoL package so we get an appetizer, main, and dessert. I have read many a good review on this place so I am excited and sure hope it doesn't disappoint. I am torn between the octopus and the lobster soup for my appetizer. Normally octopus would be a no thank you but this has me curious and wanting to try it. My main will most likely be the Wagyu beef. I haven't decided on dessert yet. I am not sure what Andi will try, she does have simple tastes but she has surprised me with enjoying Sanaa, Skippers, and Boma.
Pictures from Disney food blog and tourist blog, Thanks!
IMG_0930.PNG IMG_0931.JPG
After lunch, we will shop a little and hit our FP #2 which is meeting Mickey and Minnie at Adventure Outpost from 5-6. Our last FP is from 6:15-7:15 on Dinosaur. We will then line up for the RoL show with our special ticket. I hope the seats are okay with the dining package. I am hoping to see the Tree of Life lit up before we leave. Andi may sneak a ride on EE as well. When Andi was 12 or 13 she got up the nerve to ride Everest, well, I could not get her off it. We were there in November 2012 and the parks were so quiet it was amazing! We have never again experienced low crowds like that! We virtually walked on everything every day. She rode Everest at least 10 times in a row. I was nervous because she was getting in line by herself but she did great. I bought her a I conquered Everest t-shirt because I was so impressed!
FullSizeRender.jpg

We will head back to Poly at AK closing and this will be Day 7 in the books :rainbow:

Day 7 sounds great! A few morning hours at MK will be so fun! And your evening at AK sounds wonderful- lots of great FPs, a nice lunch, and ROL to end the night!

I have been crazy busy and got so far behind!

On to Day 3, this day will be AK and relaxing at the Poly for me after Ohana dinner!
I just wanted to say that in the picture below this quote, Andi si holding my favorite Disney cookie :earboy2:

So excited to experience Pandora!
Yay! Steve and I thought it was amazing in May and I can't wait for our boys to see it next month.

I am thinking the express bus would be good today to head to MK for a few extra FP before going back to the Poly for dinner at 7:30pm.
The express bus is the best thing Disney has done in ages so ANY day is a good day for it lol

First the magical holiday deal is a bust for me.
The Magical Holiday Deal was pretty much a bust for everyone :rolleyes:

I will probably get a cream cheese pretzel for a snack at the Launch Pad,
So glad you said this because I've never had one, have wanted to try one, and always forget. I'm putting it in my notes for next month right now!

Before I start, I just read Disney is giving a 30% AP discount for a few restaurants until the end of September, hmm, I may need to switch one of our dining ADR's to one of these places. Citricos, Flying Fish, Grand Floridian Cafe, and The Wave are ones I would be interested in trying and 30% is a good chunk of the bill.
Isn't this great?? Unfortunately right now we aren't eating at any of these places next month but might add Citricos in again since we love it and the kids haven't been there. So therefore, if you're going to add one my vote is for Citricos :thumbsup2

I am very excited for a new cool ride that isn't a roller coaster lol! It sure is getting awesome reviews so I hope we enjoy it as much as others have.
I like Soarin' but it's far from my favorite ride, and since people were comparing FoP to it, I was kind of excited for it but not head over heels excited. Well, both Steve and I were blown away by it. I know I said Pandora is amazing but I have to use that word again, because FoP is truly amazing and is like Soarin' on steroids in a fantastic way.

Epcot and MK were the only two parks open at the time,
Ha you're taking me back! My 1987 trip with my parents and sister it was just MK and Epcot and we thought Epcot was the best.

Tiffins late lunch is up next at 2:00. This is a RoL package so we get an appetizer, main, and dessert. I have read many a good review on this place so I am excited and sure hope it doesn't disappoint.
Mmm, Tiffins :love: I hope you enjoy! Steve and I loved it in March! I think it's our 2nd favorite signature behind Citricos :)

I am torn between the octopus and the lobster soup for my appetizer.
Steve had the octopus and thought it was pretty much perfection. I don't eat seafood and thought it looked gross lol, but if it interests you I'd try it! Every review I've read in addition to Steve's opinion are positive.

I have been crazy busy and got so far behind!

I just wanted to say that in the picture below this quote, Andi si holding my favorite Disney cookie :earboy2:

Yay! Steve and I thought it was amazing in May and I can't wait for our boys to see it next month.

The express bus is the best thing Disney has done in ages so ANY day is a good day for it lol

The Magical Holiday Deal was pretty much a bust for everyone :rolleyes:

So glad you said this because I've never had one, have wanted to try one, and always forget. I'm putting it in my notes for next month right now!

Isn't this great?? Unfortunately right now we aren't eating at any of these places next month but might add Citricos in again since we love it and the kids haven't been there. So therefore, if you're going to add one my vote is for Citricos :thumbsup2

I like Soarin' but it's far from my favorite ride, and since people were comparing FoP to it, I was kind of excited for it but not head over heels excited. Well, both Steve and I were blown away by it. I know I said Pandora is amazing but I have to use that word again, because FoP is truly amazing and is like Soarin' on steroids in a fantastic way.

Ha you're taking me back! My 1987 trip with my parents and sister it was just MK and Epcot and we thought Epcot was the best.

Mmm, Tiffins :love: I hope you enjoy! Steve and I loved it in March! I think it's our 2nd favorite signature behind Citricos :)

Steve had the octopus and thought it was pretty much perfection. I don't eat seafood and thought it looked gross lol, but if it interests you I'd try it! Every review I've read in addition to Steve's opinion are positive.
Ahh thanks for reading and commenting. I know you have a trip right around the corner, so exciting! It will be so fun to try some new things at AK this trip, I can hardly wait for them!

The count down continues, 25 days to go! Wow, time is really trucking along. Summer is going quickly and soon it will be time for our end of August trip.:yay: This is very exciting, we finally have hot summer days here. It is 87 and that is hot for our area:beach:.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer so far. Let's continue trip planning shall we.

Day 8. This day will find us heading to Epcot in the morning.
IMG_0933.JPG
I forgot to mention Food and Wine starts early this year:woohoo:we will be in Epcot on the first day it opens which is Thursday:drinking1we will definitely be trying some goodies on Thursday and also today right when it opens at 11:00. We do have FP for SE from 9:15-10:15, LwtL from 10:15-11:15 and FEA from 11:20-12:20. I really enjoy LwtL, I remember when you could ride any old time with no wait, now with FP+ this even has a long line ugh! We will visit a few characters.
IMG_0828.JPG IMG_0836.JPG

My must haves at FW are the scallops dish, corned beef dish, and Canada's beer cheese soup.
IMG_0940.JPG
I am excited to get my passport and check out some of the booths. My concern is we have an earlier ADR for Homecomin, so I will try just a few things on Saturday. I hope to try more on Thursday. We won't be getting QS on Thursday at a resort instead we will be heading to FW right at 11:00. We tried this in October and really enjoyed it. The loaded Mac and cheese, hummus fries, and of course a Mickey pretzel.
IMG_0934.JPG IMG_0935.JPG IMG_3309.JPG

We will spend the early evening in DS, shopping and trying out Homecomin. Thanks Disney food blog and google for a few of the pictures.
IMG_0936.JPG

I haven't decided on my meal here yet. I am thinking the fried chicken since it gets great reviews, however I am not a huge fried chicken fan. I am from the far north ya know, you betcha so fried chicken is not big up here. Trying to imitate my best Fargo accent. That movie sure made us look stupid up here, we really are not, however people do talk like that, lol!

Food decisions are still up in the air for here at this time. Andi is looking at the fried chicken sandwich. This does sound good. Don't boo me now but I also am not a big fan of mac and cheese. The pulled pork gets good reviews so I may try this. I really want to get a sundae at Ghirardelli that is where we may go after dinner. The Ocean Beach sundae and the Crissy Field cookie bits sundae sound amazing!
IMG_0938.JPG IMG_0939.JPG

We will shop for awhile and when we leave we may take a Contemporary bus and walk into MK for a few rides, if we can get FP for something that would be great. This will be the Labor Day weekend so I am thinking it may be more crowded today at places. If MK is really crowded I will head back to the Poly for a break.

I can't believe after this day we will be getting to the last full day of our trip, then the dreaded ME envelope is on the door.

So folks this will be Day 8 in the books:love:

Glad F&W is starting early so you can enjoy it on your trip!

Homecomin gets such good reviews, I hope you have a great meal there!

Sounds like another great day for you two!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!