Disney alone as a minor?

diswis

Mouseketeer
Hi!
My friends and I are all 17 and want to go to Disney for spring break next year.
However, we will still be 17 when we go. I know that you can't check in under 18, but maybe online check in?
All of our parents are completely okay with it, we just need a hotel or something that'll take us.
And my parents can put it on their credit card.

No, you cannot lie. At 17, you can't legally enter into a contract, which is what a hotel room rental agreement is.

Csn you wait until somebody turns 18? Can you bring along someone over 18 - maybe somebody's parents in a srparate toom?

Hi!
My friends and I are all 17 and want to go to Disney for spring break next year.
However, we will still be 17 when we go. I know that you can't check in under 18, but maybe online check in?
All of our parents are completely okay with it, we just need a hotel or something that'll take us.

I'd probably try the or something because I doubt the hotel will take you.

Hi!
Every hotel I've ever checked into required a form of photo id. They'll know you aren't an adult and would not be able to allow you to check in at that point.

My friends and I did this as a graduation present, when most of us were still 17. One of my friend's dads accompanied us to Florida and stayed in the room next to ours at the hotel but otherwise, we hardly saw him. That's probably the way to go if you want to have a trip like this, and have a parent willing to make the most of being at Disney on their own.

Hi!
So, today is May 1 and you are all 17. Spring breaks are typically late March or April. You are saying that in 11 months, give or take a few days, everyone will still be 17? Amazing that all of you have birthdays in April.

Is school out for the summer already?

Last edited:
So, today is May 1 and you are all 17. Spring breaks are typically late March or April. You are saying that in 11 months, give or take a few days, everyone will still be 17? Amazing that all of you have birthdays in April.

Is school out for the summer already?

Did you not see that his/her profile says she or he is 23? Don't worry, neither did I.

Off I go to stir my stew! :stir:

Dang I missed that part. I got to remember to read the profiles!!! :headache:
Well it could be she started a profile as a kid and lied to be 18 and has been here a few years. I know Ninento thinks my 13 year old is probably 20 by now. Same with instagram.

I think this person has been very cordial in their questioning, not sure why all of the negative comments.

DISWIS, you'll likely need someone who is 18 to check you in. I'm not sure of the rules around AirBNB, but maybe you can give that a go.
Good luck!

Simple answer.. No.. Long answer.. No. If you have room issues and charges you need to go to the front desk and you need to be 18. Confused answer.. how old are u right now?

With AirBnB, it's still a contract so at least one of them woukd have to meet or exceed the minimum age. Plus, since they would then be offsite probably in a neighborhood, their only transportation option would be Lynx or taxis. They're too young to rent a car, and they're too young for Lyft/Über.

With AirBnB, it's still a contract so at least one of them woukd have to meet or exceed the minimum age. Plus, since they would then be offsite probably in a neighborhood, their only transportation option would be Lynx or taxis. They're too young to rent a car, and they're too young for Lyft/Über.
My 17 year old used Lyft alone in Chicago. I didn't know there was supposed to be a minimum age limit.

I'd suspect Uber and Lyft would be no problem. AirBNB is touchy, but infinitely more doable than a hotel contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts