Disney alone as a minor?

I live in NY. My kids go to public school but they have a number of friends in private schools, downstate, upstate. The schedules are basically the same. The requirements may be written that way but I have never heard of any private school getting out more than a month early. We start the week of Labor Day and finals begin the week of June 11th. The OP starts in Early September and finals started last week? That's a 6 week difference.

I have no idea where Common Core fits into the number of school days. The number of days in public schools is the same now as it was before common core.

I live in NY also (NYC to be exact). There is no longer a set date for children to attend lower grades anymore and I'll admit it can be confusing. When we took DGD to Disney during a whatever they call it holiday during the first week of April at least 4 of her similar aged friends were on different school schedules.

Parochial, charter, private and public schools ALL had different holiday calendars. There are even different schedules between the same charter schools in different boroughs. It amazed me but exists.

Clueless about common core or stem requirements since DGD's school doesn't follow it nor is it required; her school exceeds it in certain subjects.

Last edited:
Schools are not all required to provide 180 days of class time.

Why is it cheating the students? Because some bureaucrat once decided that students need to be in school for 180 days? Quality not quantity makes a huge difference.
LOL FWIW, I'll take my private school education over a public school one any day, and I'm pretty sure the tuition for it was worth it to my parents. I can assure you if my father felt cheated he wouldn't have forked over the dough for 4 years.

And really, you are basically harassing a teen over what you think is correct.
How do you know she is a teen? Her profile stated she was 23.

When called on it, s/he backtracked and said s/he didn't know if a teen could post. Yet, she was simultaneously posting on the teen board.

She said she was out for the summer in one thread, in another she said she was posting from class. When called on it, she backtracked and said she "exaggerated" and that they were in finals and wouldn't be out for good till later.

Whenever she is called on her inconsistencies between posts, she backtracks and has some excuse.

And then you have the stories like the one that everyone is 17 now will still be 17 in 10-11 months. The odds of an entire group still being 17, with no one having a birthday in between is so small that you have to question the story.

I am going to go by her original information that she is a 23 year old having fun with the readers here. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it is usually a duck.

Last edited:

When called on it, s/he backtracked and said s/he didn't know if a teen could post. Yet, she was simultaneously posting on the teen board.

She said she was out for the summer in one thread, in another she said she was posting from class. When called on it, she backtracked and said she "exaggerated" and that they were in finals and wouldn't be out for good till later.

Whenever she is called on her inconsistencies between posts, she backtracks and has some excuse.

And then you have the stories like the one that everyone is 17 now will still be 17 in 10-11 months. The odds of an entire group still being 17, with no one having a birthday in between is so small that you have to question the story.

I am going to go by her original information that she is a 23 year old having fun with the readers here. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it is usually a duck.

I don't know she's a teen, and quite frankly I don't really care if she isn't.
I posted early in this thread that I don't use my real birth date online, my dd doesn't either. I'm going to go with the assumption that the OP isn't either and going to go by what she says here, you are free to do otherwise.
If you believe she's somehow playing with you all (by asking the absolute lamest question if she is) then why don't you all just move along to another thread?

As far as friends having birthdays within months of eachother, it definitely happens. One of my ds's best friends birthday is 15 days before his, his other friend's is 4 days after. His girlfriend's is not quite 3 weeks after. They are all the same age, and they will all be the same age in 10-11 months. So yeah that isn't some red flag.

I posted early in this thread that I don't use my real birth date online, my dd doesn't either. I'm going to go with the assumption that the OP isn't either and going to go by what she says here, you are free to do otherwise.
If you believe she's somehow playing with you all (by asking the absolute lamest question if she is) then why don't you all just move along to another thread?

As far as friends having birthdays within months of eachother, it definitely happens. One of my ds's best friends birthday is 15 days before his, his other friend's is 4 days after. His girlfriend's is not quite 3 weeks after. They are all the same age, and they will all be the same age in 10-11 months. So yeah that isn't some red flag.
I have moved on. I responded to you not the OP because you seem not to have moved on and are continuously admonishing posters for questioning a teen's posts. You nor anyone knows is she is a teen. And the posts are so inconsistent they beg to be questioned.

The OP was advised to ask a moderator to close the thread if she didn't like the direction it was taking. If she really is a 17 year old, she got her answers, even though she knew the answers she would get in her first post. As someone stated, her posts are all about bucking the system. Except for yesterday, she was busy answering posts.

I posted early in this thread that I don't use my real birth date online, my dd doesn't either. I'm going to go with the assumption that the OP isn't either
General information: a year is not required
The same age ws each other, sure. The same age as each other AND that they are today? Possible, but highly unlikely. Two unique groups of four unrelated* people? Too, too coincidental.

*groups of multiple births excepted

Last edited:

The same age ws each other, sure. The same age as each other AND that they are today? Possible, but highly unlikely. Two unique groups of four unrelated* people? Too, too coincidental.

My 3 closest friends in high school all had birthdays within a month of me (two of us in january, two of us in February). so......

That's interesting, when I click on Diswiss page now and go to profile, I get a error message. ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!

But now we won't know how old they are today! :rotfl2: One time they are 17, next time 23, back to 17, maybe by next week 45!

What does this even mean?
There are 3 of us, and two have BDAYS in March, mine in late February.

But now we won't know how old they are today! :rotfl2: One time they are 17, next time 23, back to 17, maybe by next week 45!
I never said I was 23.
I genuinely wasn't sure if the teen forum meant that teens could be here.

I am indeed 17, not 23. Lied about my birthday entirely so I wouldn't be restricted, since that happens a lot on instagram and such.
Thank you :)

I have no idea whether OP is 17 or 23 or 47. I have no idea of you're really from SE Nebraska or not. Nor do I care. I do know that I've put in fake birthdays when signing up for things because they just don't need that bit of information.

My 3 closest friends in high school all had birthdays within a month of me (two of us in january, two of us in February). so......
Yeah, I don't get it.
I have 4 friends with birthdays in January (no one coming to Disney), and 2 of them are the exact same day.

Last edited:
I have moved on. I responded to you not the OP because you seem not to have moved on and are continuously admonishing posters for questioning a teen's posts. You nor anyone knows is she is a teen. And the posts are so inconsistent they beg to be questioned.

The OP was advised to ask a moderator to close the thread if she didn't like the direction it was taking. If she really is a 17 year old, she got her answers, even though she knew the answers she would get in her first post. As someone stated, her posts are all about bucking the system. Except for yesterday, she was busy answering posts.
I posted the first thread, and got almost no answers.
Bucking the system is not my intention, and I'm sorry if that's the case.

I'd be a sicko if that was true.
I am not 23, I wish there was a way I could prove it without revealing all of my personal information so I can stop being questioned.
I am a minor. If I knew I'd be questioned like this, I would not have posted this thread. There would be no reason to, because I certainly don't like being called a liar by people who don't know my situation.

Then you weren't the same ages during February break 2019 as you will be in February 2020.

Back on topic, if the OP will not or can not have an adult travel with them, they need to wait until April vacation.

Last edited:
Then you're not the same ages today as you will be in February 2020.

Back on topic, if the OP will not or can not have an adult travel with them, they need to wait until April vacation.
That's not me.
My friends are in March, and I in late February.
Also, I am busy April break, so I think we are going to Disneyland instead because I have family there so we won't have an issue with the hotel :)

Yes, thank you. I am aware who I was quoting, which is why I created a separate paragraph starting with the words, "Back on topic..."
It would be the exact same situation if they posted in March that they wanted to go December break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!