KatePossible

Your basic average girl
My husband and I are planning a trip to California for this upcoming September (which will include our first trip to Disneyland which is really exciting because I grew up going to Disney World at least once a year so I am beyond excited to go to the park that started it all) and I thought that I might try to get us tickets to tour the Walt Disney Studios through D23. I am currently not a D23 member, but it does appear that they are offering a tour on September 9th which is when we were planning on being in California anyway. I do not believe the tickets have gone on sale for this event yet, but when you attempt to click the link for the event it does not go through to a new page. This is the list of events on their website: https://d23.com/d23s-lineup-of-events-for-2017/

I wanted to ask if anyone is a D23 member and can tell me if you know whether this tour is still taking place in September/ whether the tickets have already gone on sale or whether they have not gone on sale.

If I joined the D23 fan club today, would I get e-mail alerts to when tickets for events would be going on sale?

Has anyone who is a D23 member gone on a tour of the Walt Disney Studios in the past? How far in advance did the tickets for the event go on sale?

I know those are a lot of questions. Any information would be very helpful in planning our trip!

Thank you!

It's weird that other than the list of all events they seem to have removed that one. You should call or email and ask. I've never gotten an alert when an event goes on sale. If you join, set your own reminders.

I will send them an e-mail and let you guys know if I find out any information! Just in case there was anyone else looking at going on the tour.

That would be a fun tour! And I can't afford the vacations by Disney tour of it for what it is....Enjoy if you get to go.

I did get a response from Disney. This is what they said:

Dear Kate,

Thank you for your recent email.

We would like to inform that we have not released tickets for the requested event. We will have more information 90 days before the event date.

Thank you,
Teresa
The D23 Guest Relations Team

I'm hoping there will be some more information available on their website soon!

Did you write back and tell them that it is 90 days before the event?

Did you write back and tell them that it is 90 days before the event?

I did not, but I did realize that its only about 80 days out from the event, lol. Oh well! I will keep checking back to see if the tickets have gone on sale. I would really like to go on the tour.

Part of the confusion is due to Expo coming up so soon. D23 offices are nuts right now because of Expo, and everything else takes a back seat. Once things calm down a bit, you'll see other events listed and the calendar page will get back to normal.

Part of the confusion is due to Expo coming up so soon. D23 offices are nuts right now because of Expo, and everything else takes a back seat. Once things calm down a bit, you'll see other events listed and the calendar page will get back to normal.
I figured that had a lot to do with it. I'm going to go ahead and buy a membership so I'll be ready to get tickets when they do go on sale :-)

There's also the fact that they don't handle their own ticket sales in house and likely you're reaching one group that has no idea what the other group is doing.

I see it on the calendar, but still not link that goes to where you get the tickets. Other links send you to the tickets, even if saying sold out on the ticket page. Hope they release it for you soon.

They just posted the event info last Friday (or at least that is when I saw it online) The tickets go on sale this Friday (August 11th). I am now debating whether the tour is worth it considering the D23 membership itself is $79.99 and then I would need two $75 tickets on top of that. This might make the decision for me though:

Do you get your D23 member number when you sign up for the account (like do they e-mail it to you) or do you have to wait 3-4 weeks for your membership package to arrive to get your membership number?

If anyone knows the answer to that question that would be awesome.

Thank you!

If I remember correctly (it's been a while since I joined), I had to wait until my card arrived in the mail to get my membership number. You might be able to email D23 to get your number sooner.

I think your member number might be available after a few days when you log into the DL store account you used to buy it. At least that was the case years ago when they sold member exclusive items through the store. I'd call or email and see how they handle members buying event tickets soon after paying for a membership. I'm sure they have a way to do that.

Definitely call to ask. I missed out on an event because, at that time, I had to wait for my card to arrive and snail mail took forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!