Disney at Christmas? Are we Crazy? - A December 2018 PTR **Update 12/5

KailaH

Earning My Ears
Hey Y'all
Welcome to my December 2018 PTR. I have never done anything like this so I am a bit nervous. I have loved Disney ever since I was a young child. My name is Kaila Lynn. I am 18 years old, and I am a senior in high school. I am graduating in May, and I am so excited. A lot of my friends do not understand my love for Disney, so I have turned to the Dis to interact with people who understand the "Disney Bug." I have only been a member for a short amount of time, but I have been reading a lot of trip reports. I guess you could say I have gained the inspiration to try and write one myself. It feels like our trip is a lifetime away, but I am still super excited. I will give more introduction to my family and me later, but I am so excited to start this report.

Here is me (at the purple wall being basic):
enhance

KwFUkz

Last edited:
Trip Plans
Who: My family of 6. Michael (Dad), Taimie (Mom), Me (18), Alexa (15), Jet (13), Ryan (12)
What: Disney... DUH
When: December 18th- December 26th
Where: Pop Century (Our first time!!!)

Why: We were planning on going to Disney to celebrate my Graduation, but that did not work out, so we decided to go during Christmas. We also got a great deal with free dining. It works out a big amount of savings for my family.
How: We will be driving.
We have not set our days because the Park schedules are not available yet.
We are looking for places to eat for Christmas Eve/Day, so let me know of any good places.
This will be our first time going on Christmas day, and we are SO excited.

My little sister is eligable for the DAS pass due to her not being able to wait in normal queues for long amounts of time. We will be using this in addition to our fast passes.

Tentative Park Day Plans

Magic Kingdom Day 1

Fastpass Priority: Splash Mountain, Space Moutain, and Big Thunder Mountain
Ride Priorities: Buzz, Pirates, Under the Sea, People Mover
Snacks: Dole Whip, Pretzel, and
Meals: B-BOG ADR, L- Snacks, D-Peco's Bill or Hotel
(We will most likely park hop everyday. Our plans will be more secure when park hours come out.)

Magic Kingdom Day 2
Fastpass Priority: SDMT, Splash Mountain, and Buzz
Ride Priorities: Peoplemover, Peter Pan, and Haunted Mansion.
Meals: B- In room, L- Pinocchio's Village Haus, D- Hotel

Hollywood Studios Day 1
Fastpass Priority: Slinky Dog Dash, TOT, Rock 'N Roller Coaster
Ride Priorities: Alien Swirling Saucers, Star Tours
Snack/s: Carrot cake cookie
Meals: B-In room, L- PizzeRizzo, D- Hotel

Hollywood Studios Day 2
Fastpass Priority: Toy Story Midway Mania, Rock 'N Roller Coaster, Star Tours
Ride Priorities: All the shows
Snacks: Popcorn, Starbucks refresher
Meals: B- In room, L- Wood's Lunch Box, Dinner- Hotel

Epcot Day 1
Fastpass Priority: Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Character Spot
Ride Priorities: Test Track and Nemo
Snacks: Eat around the world
Meals: B- In room, L- Snacks, D- Hotel

Epcot Day 2
Fastpass Priority: FEA, Mission Space,
Ride Priorities: Soarin' and Test Track
Snacks: Eat around the world
Meals: B- In room, L- Snack, D- Hotel

Animal Kingdom Day 1
Fastpass Priority: EE, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids
Ride Priorities: FOP, Dinosaur, Primeval

Whirl
Meals: No meals at this park

We are going around the same dates as you (19th-27th)! I have a daughter (or two) who share your love of Disney. My soon to be 15 year old wants to work there when she is older. And my 21 year old doesn't miss any opportunity to talk about Disney. :D

It is a surprise for all of my kids (except for my 21 year old who needs to know for work). I'm thinking of doing a PTR again. Love surprise trips but they are hard on the secret keepers because we can't talk about it.

We are going around the same dates as you (19th-27th)! I have a daughter (or two) who share your love of Disney. My soon to be 15 year old wants to work there when she is older. And my 21 year old doesn't miss any opportunity to talk about Disney. :D

It is a surprise for all of my kids (except for my 21 year old who needs to know for work). I'm thinking of doing a PTR again. Love surprise trips but they are hard on the secret keepers because we can't talk about it.

I love Disney at Christmas! It is surprise for my brothers and sister as well. I am so excited to see their reaction!

We will be there Dec 24- Jan 4! Yes, you are crazy, but that is okay. Enjoy the insanity!

Yay!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm living vicariously through all of y'all going this year. Our Surprise Christmas trip isn't until next year. :(

Yay!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm living vicariously through all of y'all going this year. Our Surprise Christmas trip isn't until next year. :(
Such a long wait! Have you ever been during Christmas? It is lovely!!

BD2F6039-B151-4F64-888A-30E403628AAF.jpeg
UPDATE:
Wow! I am such a bad DISer. I have been so busy. I graduated high-school, and I went to a Texas on a missions trip. I am back now, and I cannot wait to share all my plans with y’all!! The next post with our dining plans will be up very soon.

Last edited:
Dining Plans
We will be on the QS dining plan, but we hope to venture out and enjoy these meals. I have never made dining plans for my family before, and my anxiety was off the chain. I knew there were some meals that we definitely wanted to go to.

When we went to Disney when I was younger, we were able to get most reservations the day of visiting the park. My mom would always handle it. She is more of a go with flow type of person while I LOVE schedules and planning. Now that I am older, I have that responsibility.

I set my alarm for 6:00, 6:30, and 6:45. I wanted to make sure I was up in time to make my ADRs. Me being the young person I am did NOT wake up to those alarms! I ended up waking up at exactly 7 am. Personally, I think it was divine intervention! I immediately jumped on the computer to get my reservations. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, and there was so much availability even for Christmas Day. I am so happy that I got these even if we will not be able to go to all of them!

• Wednesday, December 19th- Tony's Town Square Restaurant Dinner (5:25 PM)
    • This restaurant holds a very special place in my family's hearts. When my little sister was born, the doctors told my parents that she would not live past her 1st birthday. They she would never walk, and that should never be able to do anything on her own. My sister must drink thickened drinks, and my parents had been trying to get her to use a straw. While at dinner, we ordered a blended drink. She used the straw for the first time, and it was honestly a very important milestone in her life. We also enjoy the food.
  • Thursday, December 20th-
    • Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Breakfast (8:15 AM)
      • We love meeting the princesses at this location, and the food is so good.
    • Via Napoli Lunch (2:20 PM)
      • My family is big on pizza since my dad is from New York. We have never been here, and it is my dad's quest to try every pizza place possible.
  • Friday, December 21st- Chef Mickey's Breakfast (8:20 AM)
    • We really enjoy meeting the characters without having to wait in long lines, and we get to eat while we do it. That is definitly a plus.
  • Saturday December 22nd- 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch (1:00 PM)
    • This is a staple for every Disney vacation in my family. We love the entertaining antics.
  • Sunday, December 23rd- BOG Breakfast (9:00 AM)
    • We love the ambiance, and the feeling of eating in the Beast's castle is so awesome.
  • Monday, December 24th- Trail's End Breakfast
    • We have never tried this restaurant, and I have heard that it is a good deal.
  • Tuesday, December 25th-
    • BOG Breakfast (8:05 AM)
    • Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner (3:45 PM)
      • This will be our Christmas dinner, and we will most likely leave the park after this.

Exciting times for you!

I am interested to learn more about visiting during the holidays.

I have a 18 year old Disney loving daughter as well! We have been over Thanksgiving but never Christmas, it sounds fun for your whole family to be going.

Looks like some good ADR’s, I know you said the QS plan is free with the promotion, however, I think you can upgrade to regular one. Maybe check the cost, it might be worth it with all your TS reservations.

Enjoying reading about your plans!

I have a 18 year old Disney loving daughter as well! We have been over Thanksgiving but never Christmas, it sounds fun for your whole family to be going.

Looks like some good ADR’s, I know you said the QS plan is free with the promotion, however, I think you can upgrade to regular one. Maybe check the cost, it might be worth it with all your TS reservations.

Enjoying reading about your plans!

Hi! So sorry for the late reply! I am in my freshman year of college it, and I have not have time to do anything! Thank you for following along

WHERE HAVE I BEEN?
Life Update:
I am nearing into the end of my first semester of college ever! I have come up with a lot of problems during school. I have been in stressful classes, and my life has completely been focused on school, and I have not really had time to write on here. I really planned on keeping up with this weekly, but I underestimated the work load I would have. I have finally mustered up some time to write, and I plan on keeping it up. I have a ton of updates about our fastpass plans. I also got the notification that our Magic Bands have shipped, and the trip is coming up so soon!

Fastpass Selections:
Wednesday (December 19th)
  • Splash Mountain
    • 9:30-10:30 am
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
    • 10:55-11:55 am
  • Big Thunder Mountain
    • 1:15-2:15
  • We plan on leaving MK after our last fastpass to hopefully get into our rooms and unpack. We also plan to come back later on that evening.
Thursday (December 20th)
  • Soarin'
    • 9:10-10:10 am
  • Spaceship Earth
    • 10:30-11:30 am
  • Journey Into Imagination
    • 11:40am-12:40 pm
  • We are super excited to explore the Festival of the Holidays booths.
Friday (December 21st)
  • Toy Story Mania!
    • 9:45-10:45 am
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
    • 10:45-11:45 am
  • Frozen Sing Along
    • 12:00-12:15 pm
  • The new Toy Story Land is calling our name, but I unfortunately could not get a fastpass for the new rides this day.
Saturday (December 22nd)
  • Na'vi River Journey
    • 9:25-10:25 am
  • Kali River Rapids
    • 10:40-11:40 am
  • Everest
    • 12:15-1:15 pm
  • We do have a Pizzafari reservation at 4:35 for dinner. We are excited to try the new family style dining!
Sunday (December 23rd)
  • We do have BOG reservation for a 9:00 am breakfast.
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • 11:00am-12:00 pm
  • Jingle Cruise
    • 12:05-1:05 pm
Monday (December 24th)
  • We will not be going to a park. If y'all have any idea for fun activities we could do, they would be appreciated. Also, if you know of any good Christmas light displays around Orlando, please let me know!
Tuesday (December 25th)
  • BOG Breakfast at 8:05 am
  • Haunted Mansion
    • 10:00-11:15 am
  • Splash Mountain
    • 11:45am-12:45 pm
  • SDMT
    • 2:55 pm-3:55 pm
  • Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner at 3:45
Wednesday (December 26th)
  • Slinky Dog Dash
  • TOT (4 people)
    • 11:05am-12:05 pm
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (fastpass for my sister and my dad) (2 people)
    • 11:10am-12:10 pm
  • Star Tours
    • 1:00-2:00 pm

COUNTDOWN: 25 DAYS

Hi Kaila! I'm a little late, but I'm here!

I totally understand not being able to update your PTR because of college. Happens to me every semester!

You have some awesome Christmas plans, I can't wait to read more!

i Kaila! I'm a little late, but I'm here!

I totally understand not being able to update your PTR because of college. Happens to me every semester!

You have some awesome Christmas plans, I can't wait to read more!

:welcome: Thank you for joining in! We are super excited for Christmas, and it is honestly the only thing motivating me to study for finals!

22 days to go......

We are officially 22 days out until Disney! I am starting to prepare my side of things because we only have about 2 official weeks of school left (more like 1.5 for me because I only have 1 real final!) I have begun to make my annual packing lists. My family always makes fun of me for making so many lists, but I just do not want to forget anything. I have just started on my Christmas Holiday packing list which just consists of what I will need to take home for break from school. I have to bring more things home than I would usually because of the length of the upcoming break. I am also having to take specific t-shirts home for vacation. Next, I will make my Disney packing list which is a master packing list of everything I could possibly need for vacation. After this, I will make my last minute packing list which will consist of everything I need to grab before we leave on travel day!

The wait is somewhat excruciating because I have feel like I have been waiting for this trip for forever, but it has only really been less than 200 days. I have been watching so many Disney vlogs, so I can live vicariously through everyone else who has already had their vacations. Our magic bands came in the mail yesterday, and I annoyed my mom to send me pictures. It makes everything seem very real, and I cannot wait.

IMG_5921.JPG IMG_4490.JPG

(Giant pictures???? Help!!!!) If you notice something special about our magic bands, let me know. I am sorry the pictures are not that great. My mom took them.

Also, I have been thinking about vlogging this trip, but I tried last time and miserably failed. I need some words of encouragement because I really want to capture our family vacation memories on film.

See Ya Real(Reel) Soon!!! (Who else is stoked they are back on YouTube?)

Joining in! How exciting to be going at Christmas!! Your plans sound really great!

In regards to your question about Christmas light displays- look into The Lights on Jeater Bend in Celebration, FL.

Joining in! How exciting to be going at Christmas!! Your plans sound really great!

In regards to your question about Christmas light displays- look into The Lights on Jeater Bend in Celebration, FL.

:welcome: Thank you for the recomendation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!