disney at christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desert Dwellers - I wondered what happened to you! We haven't heard from you in this thread in a long time - I think the last time was when the toe incident happened. I wondered if your trip was still happening, so I'm glad to hear that it is!:cool1:

You know how you can hit a wall with vacation planning. That plus being hobbled, husband on a three week business trip, son getting braces, etc. I had to put Disneyland on the back burner. But I would still sneak on the DIS once in a while and keep up with the pics on this thread.

But UPS delivered our trip package two days ago. I downloaded RideMax. I've printed 30% dining coupons. And I can walk now with no limp! So I'm back on vacation mode, full steam ahead.

Getting the orthodontist bill deflated me a little. I did have to decide to give up the Holiday Tour because of the cost, which bummed me a little. But the recent weather in Anaheim makes me excited. I know you like the cold, but high 60's, low 70's is perfect to me. I'm still a little anxious about rain, though.

OK, my dear DIS friends, I have one final picture for you. This is my favorite of the whole trip, I think. Not sure why, but it just seemed perfect to me.

autumncastle.jpg

PHXscuba

Nice! I love those kinda artistic shots. I have a similar photo. The top of the castle is peeking out. Here it is:

peekingout.jpg

We arrive next Friday and I'm beyond excited. I've been to Disneyland many (many) times but have never seen the holiday decorations. Even though I was just there for Halloween, this will be all new for me.

The posted pictures are just fantastic and reading all the tidbits and tips have been fun. Can't wait for our Magical Mickey Christmas trip and the weather looks like it'll be quite nice. Hope the crowds aren't too intense yet but I kinda don't care, it's fun all the way around.

OK, my dear DIS friends, I have one final picture for you. This is my favorite of the whole trip, I think. Not sure why, but it just seemed perfect to me.

autumncastle.jpg

PHXscuba

I love this, too! I do think it is the Christmas decor plus Fall colors contrast - makes you feel like you are experiencing two of my most favorite times together.

I've finally had a chance to go through my pictures after our trip. We got home late on Monday and had to go back to work on Tuesday.

We had a great time and loved the Christmas decorations.
IMG_6139_Stitch.jpg

IMG_6142.jpg

IMG_6143.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_6145.jpg

IMG_6146.jpg

IMG_6147.jpg

IMG_6148.jpg

We especially loved the Holiday Tour, it was well worth the money spent as it was a very unique experience. Special thanks to PHXscuba (sorry we didn't introduce ourselves) and her friend, they lent a hand with our cocoa and cookies right before the parade.

We all loved the peppermint fudge sample that we got on the tour, especially the DS5.
IMG_6153.jpg

Decorations on the castle as we were going through the castle gates
IMG_6154.jpg

IMG_6155.jpg

"its a small world"
IMG_6279.jpg

IMG_6280.jpg

IMG_6288.jpg

IMG_6307.jpg

IMG_6308.jpg

The last chance for pictures with the CALIFORNIA letters
IMG_6234.jpg

IMG_6235.jpg

IMG_6245.jpg

IMG_6236.jpg

IMG_6237.jpg

IMG_6238.jpg

IMG_6239.jpg

IMG_6240.jpg

IMG_6242.jpg

IMG_6244.jpg

A panoramic of the letters, although a bit bummed that the tarp is covering the mural.
IMG_6253_Stitch.jpg

Gotta get the prerequisite photo in front of the tree.
IMG_6345.jpg

PXScuba - your picture was stunning!

Greens_in_WA - all yours were great too. How did you do the panorama shots?

The pictures of you on tour brought back happy memories!

'Originally Posted by ty71803 View Post
Thank you so much! We would love to go over Christmas break but some people have told me the crowds make is miserable. We could go anywhere from the 24th of Dec through the 2nd of Jan. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
THANK YOU'

TY - being married to a teacher we ALWAYS vacation the week between Christmas and New Years. The crowds are large but some smart touring beats the biggest crowds and takes advantage of the fastpass. If you want to hear about our strategy check on the link in my signature. This week is certainly not for the faint of heart!

autumncastle.jpg

I love this picture as well! I never even paid attention to the leaves turning color during this time of the year as I am always rushing from one place to another during the holidays :rotfl: However you really captured the beauty of it so thanks for sharing :thumbsup2

PHXscuba

We all loved the peppermint fudge sample that we got on the tour, especially the DS5.
IMG_6153.jpg

All of your pictures were awesome - thank you for sharing! What a beautiful family as well :) Your son is super adorable, especially in this picture!

I just wanted to mention that we went to KBF today. I won't post any pics (they don't seem to be of much interest - did anyone see my posting I did yesterday?) but I was pleasantly surprised with the Christmas decor around KBF. Especially after 5 pm around the Snoopy's Camp area -- it is really quite pretty and neat to see. They have some lighted shapes shining on the ground that my 4 yr old was facinated with. And you can buy a pair of those paper 3D glasses for $1 and see stars & hearts pop out of the lights. Kind of cool. Not to mention the entire park had Christmas music playing which I feel sometimes gets lost in the crowds of DLR. Of course, KBF can't really compete with DLR, but I wanted to mention it in case anyone is considering visiting Knotts at Christmas time.

autumncastle.jpg

PHXscuba

I think the ice on the castle in this shot looks really "frosty" and very realistic! Nice colors.

Greens_in_WA - all yours were great too. How did you do the panorama shots?

I took a series shots and used Windows Live Photo Gallery (free program, just download) to stitch them together into the panoramic shots. Then straightened and croped.

The CALIFORNIA letters were made using these 4 photos:
IMG_6253.jpg

IMG_6255.jpg

IMG_6256.jpg

IMG_6257.jpg

I've finally had a chance to go through my pictures after our trip. We got home late on Monday and had to go back to work on Tuesday.

We had a great time and loved the Christmas decorations.
IMG_6139_Stitch.jpg

IMG_6142.jpg

IMG_6143.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_6145.jpg

IMG_6146.jpg

IMG_6147.jpg

IMG_6148.jpg

Wow its so empty in these shots! ???

Fabulous, fabulous shots! And what a great assortment. Thank you so much for sharing!

And I love how you took a picture of each CA letter with your kids - what a great idea - wish I thought to do that.

Greens in WA:
Didn't we have a great time on the holiday tour? Props to our peppy tour guide! I remember your son stuffing all that fudge into his mouth -- my bag is in the background;).

I think taking the tour with your kids along actually made it even more fun --seeing it through their eyes. And I was AMAZED how well they kept up despite the crowds and the frantic pace. You were a fun family.

You took some great photos -- thanks for sharing. I never did get a good one of the "California" letters without a million people in the way. I did get one of my friend on her letter L.

PHXscuba

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!