Disney+ at resorts...?

Robin"D"

DIS Veteran
Hey Gang,
Not sure this has been brought up in this thread....
But is The Disney Resorts going to hang Disney+ in the rooms?
I know it is streaming/ but it is Disney

just thought I'd ask....

Robin & Angel "D"

I am going to say that they probably will not offer til. I am not sure that the TVs in the rooms are smart TVs either. That would be the only way to do it.

Roku and HDMI are your best bet. Remember, Disney + is a subscription, so trying to put that in so many rooms would be a challenge. Besides, most of us will have a subscription anyway, so I do not see Disney offering something that we are all consuming on our own. But on the bright side - we were at BCV back in 2006 and at that time the rooms did not have many cable channels (we had to go to ESPN Club to watch NBA playoffs on TBS). So you never know!

I travel a lot, and always take my Roku, if no HDMI, I have my laptop...
I know I can hook up the Roku to the TV at a Disney Resort

Thank you all

We took our roku since it’s so small and easy to pack. I believe you can also cast from your phone as well (at least it looks like you can on our tv at AKL...didn’t try it).

I don't believe we'll see Disney+; as mentioned elsewhere, Disney would prefer us to be out of our rooms spending money in the parks, shops, and restaurants. On the other hand, if they can think of a way of adding it and charging us for it on a daily or weekly basis--much like a premium channel at some hotels--then I feel certain that would tip the scale. I can't imagine a scenario in which they would add it for free.

I can't imagine a scenario in which they would add it for free.
I can - if they want to use it as a free preview for those who haven't already signed up. Maybe they could offer a limited selection from the various sections as opposed to full access to Disney+.

I can - if they want to use it as a free preview for those who haven't already signed up. Maybe they could offer a limited selection from the various sections as opposed to full access to Disney+.
I thought of that, as well, but I don't believe they'd offer it as a "free" preview for more than perhaps one day of your stay, perhaps even a few hours. I do think it could be an effective marketing tool except based on what I've read, they're not wanting for lack of subscribers.

I thought of that, as well, but I don't believe they'd offer it as a "free" preview for more than perhaps one day of your stay, perhaps even a few hours. I do think it could be an effective marketing tool except based on what I've read, they're not wanting for lack of subscribers.
Disney+ already offers a free 7-day trial, so no need to offer anything special in conjunction with a Disney Resort stay.

Disney+ also doesn't have any issues with getting people to sign up. Including pre-sales, they had 10 million subs on launch day and they are targeted to have 20 million subs by year end.

Disney+ already offers a free 7-day trial, so no need to offer anything special in conjunction with a Disney Resort stay.

Disney+ also doesn't have any issues with getting people to sign up. Including pre-sales, they had 10 million subs on launch day and they are targeted to have 20 million subs by year end.
I’ll concede those points, but I still wouldn’t be surprised to see something at the resorts. Not everyone would want to go through the process of setting up a 7-day trial account at home but might be induced to sign up after seeing it at the resort.

It won’t matter to us, of course! We signed up for 3 years at D23 Expo and ended up buying a Roku for one of our older TVs so I can watch D+ while DH watches football. So we’ll bring the Roku with us to WDW.

It won’t matter to us, of course! We signed up for 3 years at D23 Expo and ended up buying a Roku for one of our older TVs so I can watch D+ while DH watches football. So we’ll bring the Roku with us to WDW.
Same here. We figured it was too good of a deal to pass up even being front-loaded with the entire first three years' cost. . .and we've already watched a lot of shows. ;)

Same here. We figured it was too good of a deal to pass up even being front-loaded with the entire first three years' cost. . .and we've already watched a lot of shows. ;)

Yes, and you have a Verizon unlisted plan, you get a year free. Since I already did the D23 deal, it just put it on hold during my free year and the. It kicks in for 3 years after that! So, paid 2 years, and am covered for 4!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!