Disney Australia

AdamEfimoff

DIS Veteran
Just to let people know Coomera is the Gold Coast. Australia near Brisbane (where I live). There are bad
theme parks there. But why would this be happening is anyone's guess? I also think that they could just buy out dream world and refurb and take down rides and make it a disney park. But I am not sure why Disney would do this Dreamworld does not even make a profit.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/trip-ideas/disney-vacations/disney-park-australia

I am very confused why they think (Australia's Population) its able to support such a big park.

p.s just for laughs can we have a park planning 'contest' to see who can produce the most silliest park

I think it's more wishful thinking than anything else. Our population won't be able to sustain a park with the Asian parks a short flight away and easy access to DLR.

I've not been to the QLD parks for some time so can't comment on how bad they are, they were OK - not in the same league as Disney though :goodvibes

Long rumoured, but will probably never happen. I think the closest we ever got was the two heavily rumoured Disney "resorts" (not theme parks) for the Gold Coast and Sydney. And neither of those went anywhere. Any Disney theme park in Australia would need to heavily rely upon international tourists and the majority of American, Asian and potentially even European tourists would probably just prefer to visit their own, local Disney theme parks.

This article is full of flaws. Wanda is Disney's main competition in China, so I don't know why they would think the Wanda Group liaising with the QLD Government would have any link with Disney. From what I understand, it's actually highly likely that Wanda is sussing out Australia (they pretty much have a theme park planned in every major city in China), but it would have nothing to do with Disney.

I would've loved to have seen a Disney park here in the UK, but I can't ever see it happening with Disneyland Paris being so close.

This is an unsubstantiated rumor that goes around every few years! Disney looked at Australia once, and left assumedly because they realized with a population of 25 million the whole of Australia would have to go every year to make the park profitable. Our parks are struggling to get 1 million annual attendance. This rumor bugs me every time it goes around because it plays on the wishful thinking of many an Australian Disney fan! GRR

Yeah the rumours have been going around for years and years. I don't pay any attention but my sister in law does and messages me. Even if by some miracle Australia got a Disney park, I'd still be going to Cali...nothing can compete with the original :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!