disney book

patterson977

Earning My Ears
Is there a book that guides you through the parks and what you need to know to get ready. A travel guide for disney kind of thing. I have never been and amplanning a trip for june of 2005 for me and my family.

Bob Sehlinger's Unoffical Guide to WDW is our constant companion for planning - and touring!

I also vote for the Unofficial Guide to WDW. It has the best information, IMO.

Along with that book, I use The Passporter. I like The Passporter's features for planning and the pockets. Tip: spend the extra money for the Deluxe 3 ring binder. It is worth it to be able to remove the pages that you don't need and to set it up like you want it.

Hi patterson977, welcome to the DISBoards!

The Unofficial Guide has great information on everything at WDW.

I also love the Passporter. It has great maps and lists for planning, and pockets in the back for organizing your days at WDW. I'm on my fourth Passporter; I buy a new one each trip! :D

Of course, for the latest, most up to date info, just keep reading here at the DISBoards!!

Happy planning!

I Like UG, too, but I don't want to carry it around the parks all day. I subscribe to Tourguidemike.com and print out what I need for each park and just take it with me.

Atotty, have you seen the 'touring plan companion' pages in the back of the Unofficial Guide? They list the attractions, ride ratings, best hours to visit, and any ride restrictions, along with restaurant summaries and recommendations and best places to rest. One page for each park. You can fold 'em up and put them in your pocket. They're fairly comprehensive summaries of the theme parks.

Len

Hi Len,

I got my copy of UG from the library. I checked out everything before deciding which to buy. Didn't even know those pages were suppose to be there....they were long gone. I'm sure whoever got them had a great trip though. LOL

I know your info is wonderful, too. Last year I wasn't comfortable using your book because I didn't know anyone that actually used the plans...as I said I didn't find disboards til 2 weeks before our last trip. After hearing the acolades from here, I'm looking at it again. In fact the book's in the car so I can read it in carline at school.

My personal favoite is Birnbaum's guide. It has great "Hot Tips" and a good daily planning guide. It covers all the attractions and the resturants with simple but very thorough descriptions and I find it is much easier to follow and find what you are looking for.

I like Birnbaum's too for the pix. The 2004 has a lot of mistakes, though. I wouldn't use it for serious planning. It even still says 60 days out for CRT PS.

One thing I really liked was that it says that people like to get a sandwich a DTD from Earl of Sandwich and eat at benches outside. Esp. since Earl of Sandwich just opened last month...several months **after** the book was printed. I guess the writer is clairvoyant. :D

I am a fanatic about planning. It's tons of fun and the trip goes so smoothly. Every trip we've made has involved switching of those plans but because I used books such as Passporter and Unofficial WDW Guide it's been easy to switch to plan B without missing a beat. This time I'm using TourGuideMike for the first time and I'm very pleased with all his info. There is a discount code posted on the TourGuideMike thread to get $5 off. Those are the three best IMO, but truth be known I've read everything I've ever found. I just can't pass up a new discovery when I'm in the bookstore.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earseek: :earseek: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :ears

I love TGM's info, too. The $5 off is for Mouseforless members and ends today. Hurry if anyone wants to take advantage of it.

I consistently use three.....UnOfficial Guide (I get a new one every year!), the PassPorter (I love the planning pages, they serve as a diary for me when we get back) and Birnbaum's Guide and Birnbaum's WDW for Kids. I like Birnbaum's for the pictures mostly and my dd gets a new kids version for every trip. But for planning you can't beat the UG!! And don't forget to check out their website for frequent updates and corrections. Thanks to Len and all the hard working people over there!!!

I'm learning a lot here... :)

I didn't even know UG had a website with updates....that makes a **huge** diff when selecting something to plan with since WDW changes so often. You've got to pick something that is updated frequently.

Don't know how young your kids are..... But I really like Walt Disney World with Kids by Kim Wright Wiley. It focuses on how to do WDW with young kids, and leaves out all the adult stuff that we didn't need. It was invaluable for planning our last trip.

Another vote for the Unofficial Guide. I like the fact its a guide for the consumer - in December all I had looked at was the Disney website and was pretty clueless as to the realities of WDW (especially around July 4th).

UG gave me a bit of a scare at first, but I am convinced that all the advice will enhance my experience no end and that's what many other people often say here!

Welcome to The Dis patterson977! I can't really add to what has been said already. Just back it up. I use both the UG and OG, I like them both. But for planning I'd have to say the UG is better.

Well it sounds like it is going to be the u g then. I really do appreciate all of yalls help. Thanks.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter