DISNEY CEO HINTS AT ‘BLACK PANTHER’ THEME PARK RIDE

Marvel super hero movies are only as good as Stan Lee cameos! I live for his appearances. ;)
I’ve mentioned this before but the part I’m most looking forward to with marvel in the parks are the Stan Lee cameos. I was so happy to hear him do the unloading audio on Spider-Man in Islands

for the record I am an old comic book fan, so all the Marvel movies are great to me.
that being said, you can clearly see how the Marvel movies since Disney took over, and they started producing their own has been a huge benefit. With Iron man one the game has completely changed.
I will add, that one factor that to me puts Marvel as fresh is the fact they are not focused soley on one or two key characters but they continue to expand their universe and who they have...and that too keeps it fresh.

I just re-read a great article in Vanity fair on this, and what Fiege has and is doing with this franchise...I will attach the line below. One watch out, for those who are huge Captain America or Iron man fans...with Avengers 3(infinity war) and 4 , the plan is to wipe the slate clean and move to a whole new direction....so more focus on the new characters they have brought out. This is their plan to keep things fresh.

link: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/marvel-cover-story

While I am excited about a Black Panther ride I am also somewhere apprehensive. I can already see Iger reporting the construction and postponing his retirement "until we get this thing off the ground".

Disney slowing turning into universal with these super hero things.

Listen to wishes. Listen to Disney cartoons. That’s what makes Disney wonderful.

I really hope that over time magic kingdom isn’t the only true Disney feeling park

I kinda feel like it already is and that’s sad.

Listen to wishes. Listen to Disney cartoons. That’s what makes Disney wonderful.

I really hope that over time magic kingdom isn’t the only true Disney feeling park

How so? Disney can only use a limited number of marvel properties in WDW so surely it doesn’t feel like universal in that right.

Disney still does things with their animated films. Look at all of the Pixar things happening across the globe and Happily Ever After has a plethora of 90s Disney animated films.

Totally agree.

I’m genuinely curious about this. WDW hasn’t seen any super hero additions yet so how can it feel more like universal? Just trying to see the viewpoint that is all.
For me it's about the recent and soon to come invasion of acquired IPs in the parks, not just Marvel. Star Wars, Tron, GOTG, and very little new classic Disney. Those IPs do not evoke a Disney emotion for me.

For me it's about the recent and soon to come invasion of acquired IPs in the parks, not just Marvel. Star Wars, Tron, GOTG, and very little new classic Disney. Those IPs do not evoke a Disney emotion for me.
I see that point but outside of marvel those other IPs have been a part of Disney for decades. Star tours opened in the 80s, and Tron has been a part of Disney forever. I’d argue Tron is classic Disney. And with marvel as of right now we are only getting one marvel attraction.

None of the new additions took away any classic Disney either. Just my take.

I see that point but outside of marvel those other IPs have been a part of Disney for decades. Star tours opened in the 80s, and Tron has been a part of Disney forever. I’d argue Tron is classic Disney. And with marvel as of right now we are only getting one marvel attraction.

None of the new additions took away any classic Disney either. Just my take.
I just think that if Disney wasn't so focused on these acquired IPs they would be more open to adding some classic Disney attractions. Honestly it's ruining the Disney feel of the parks for me. It just seems like a mish mash of various movie brands, which is what Universal always felt like to me. I understand that most don't feel the same way.

Oh, and add Avatar to my list above. The vast majority of new things lately has been everything but classic Disney. I was at least excited about the new theater in the MK, but now even that's off the table.

I just think that if Disney wasn't so focused on these acquired IPs they would be more open to adding some classic Disney attractions. Honestly it's ruining the Disney feel of the parks for me. It just seems like a mish mash of various movie brands, which is what Universal always felt like to me. I understand that most don't feel the same way.

Oh, and add Avatar to my list above. The vast majority of new things lately has been everything but classic Disney. I was at least excited about the new theater in the MK, but now even that's off the table.
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway would classify as classic Disney. Sure it’s the new style of Mickey Mouse but it’s still a classic Disney entity.

Personally I think Pandora works incredibly well in Animal Kingdom with its conservation message. We also don’t know if the new theater would have housed a classic IP.

Once these new things open sure the parks could feel different but none of these new IP related attractions are open yet.

Disney also added more classic Disney with new fantasyland in 2012.

I really don’t disagree with you just pointing out some things and getting a better understand of your opinion.

I have to think of a great response to the question and ill write that later lol so many thoughts run through my head about this.

I remember walking into Disney springs this past year and seeing some beautiful and wonderful Disney quotes on a tee shirt. Touching ones from classic Disney cartons and movies, and it ended with " may the force be with you "

I was like yup, thats what I'm beginning to dislike about Disney.

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway would classify as classic Disney. Sure it’s the new style of Mickey Mouse but it’s still a classic Disney entity.

Personally I think Pandora works incredibly well in Animal Kingdom with its conservation message. We also don’t know if the new theater would have housed a classic IP.

Once these new things open sure the parks could feel different but none of these new IP related attractions are open yet.

Disney also added more classic Disney with new fantasyland in 2012.

I really don’t disagree with you just pointing out some things and getting a better understand of your opinion.
NFL was already more than 5 years ago. And we've seen what's coming between now and the 50th. Not much hope for classic Disney. The Runaway Railway is something, but so little compared to what else is in the works.

NFL was already more than 5 years ago. And we've seen what's coming between now and the 50th. Not much hope for classic Disney. The Runaway Railway is something, but so little compared to what else is in the works.
I think my point is the classic isn’t going away. They are just adding the newer properties to it. I have always felt Star Wars as sort of part of Disney Parks at least because star tours has been there since the 80s.

I think my point is the classic isn’t going away. They are just adding the newer properties to it. I have always felt Star Wars as sort of part of Disney Parks at least because star tours has been there since the 80s.
But for those of us in it for the classic Disney, we would like more for our rising ticket and resort prices prices and increasing crowds the just knowing classic Disney isn't going away.

Star Tours has been around a while. But it's still just an acquired IP to me.:duck:

But for those of us in it for the classic Disney, we would like more for our rising ticket and resort prices prices and increasing crowds the just knowing classic Disney isn't going away.

Star Tours has been around a while. But it's still just an acquired IP to me.
I get that. I think HEA still has that classic Disney charm. Many of those really older Disney films just don’t have the resonation with newer generations like the newer properties do.

I’m going to add on and make it either worse or better: to me the only acquired IP that truly shocks me in the parks is Marvel. To me Pixar was always synonymous as Disney since they distributed their films and they always had a huge parks presence. I was upset 10 years ago when it seemed imagineering only focused on Pixar projects but looking back at it, they were overlays as opposed to full fledged developments (laugh floor, seas with Nemo, Nemo musical as opposed to cars land for example). And Star Wars was always there in the parks. Some kids around my age thought Disney owned it around 2009 because of Star Tours. To me the only one that’s coming in that wasn’t there before was marvel, and at the end of the day I’m fine with that

I’m going to add on and make it either worse or better: to me the only acquired IP that truly shocks me in the parks is Marvel. To me Pixar was always synonymous as Disney since they distributed their films and they always had a huge parks presence. I was upset 10 years ago when it seemed imagineering only focused on Pixar projects but looking back at it, they were overlays as opposed to full fledged developments (laugh floor, seas with Nemo, Nemo musical as opposed to cars land for example). And Star Wars was always there in the parks. Some kids around my age thought Disney owned it around 2009 because of Star Tours. To me the only one that’s coming in that wasn’t there before was marvel, and at the end of the day I’m fine with that
Imagineering still focuses a lot on Pixar. Look at Toy story lands across the world, Pixar fest and Pixar Pier, and the Tokyo Pixar event. I don’t think it’s imagineerings fault though I think that comes from the executives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter