Disney Characters Being Added To IASW (RUMOR)

NateD1226

Zero to Hero
The site that posted the CBJ and Tiki Room will be changed is now stating that Disney will add more Disney IP characters to IASW for the 50th anniversary.

It’s honestly been rumored that the characters would be subtly added like in California and most of the international parks would be a 50th plus up on and off again for a while

The site that posted the CBJ and Tiki Room will be changed is now stating that Disney will add more Disney IP characters to IASW for the 50th anniversary.

I’m good with this, I skip IASW despite its history. It’s simply boring. This will get me to go on it again.

Out of curiosity why would this make it less boring?
I'm not the OP, but spotting the changes once or twice would be fun. After that, yeah, back to how I feel about it now. Which is mild irritation at the song coupled with a pretty keen enjoyment of all the animatronics. I'd actually really like to ride it with the sound off...

I'm not the OP, but spotting the changes once or twice would be fun. After that, yeah, back to how I feel about it now. Which is mild irritation at the song coupled with a pretty keen enjoyment of all the animatronics. I'd actually really like to ride it with the sound off...
Yeah I am a fan of IASW and will ride every other trip or so. I would of course ride to see the changes but I don't think it would impact it so much to really change the feel.

I actually love this. When I finally went to DL and rode their Small World, I thought the characters being in the ride was really cute & made it better! I've been jealous of their IASW so I'm excited for it to come to WDW.

I’m one of those suckers for IP. If it relates to a movie I enjoy it holds my attention more.
Ok but I still don’t get how this would be more entertaining. It’s still a doll but it looks like a Disney character instead of cultural wear. To each their own but I don’t think that would grab my attention more than it currently does.

Have you seen the ones at the other parks? They're really seamlessly incorporated — each character fits the culture they're placed in. I find that they don't so much grab your attention as they sort of... naturally catch your attention, and you smile at the clever way they've been added to the existing story.
I haven’t that’s why I’m not sure this would get me to ride anymore than I normally would.

Ok but I still don’t get how this would be more entertaining. It’s still a doll but it looks like a Disney character instead of cultural wear. To each their own but I don’t think that would grab my attention more than it currently does.

If I want culture I’ll go to Epcot, little dolls singing a repetitive song doesn’t entertain me. If I have to go through a slow boat ride looking at them I’d at least prefer to see characters I grew up with and came to Disney for. I understand and respect the history of the ride, but Walt intended for the parks to change so adding IP throughout the original gives us the best of both worlds.

Like you said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I don't think it will change all that much. But, I'm not a fan of the idea. There are many different types of WDW visitors. I am part of a group that goes for the nostalgia and classic WDW experience. I understand wanting to grow, expand and change, but the nostalgia group are repeat visitors. We come every year and we care more about the 'feeling' of being in WDW more than the newest technology and IP. I'm not upset about the idea of adding characters to iasw, but it seems that more and more attractions are getting these 'improvements'.

Wow...Disney is making a change that everybody's not freaking out about? ;)

I like this too. The DL IASW is actually much better. The character additions are subtle and add a little bit to the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!