Disney Club and info for canadians needed...

sillyminny

Love Disney World. Love Survivor and Idol shows as
My bil needs cdn info on Disney club benefits for Cdns and and I told him you all would be the best info.
Can you give some info on benefits for Cdns to have this? Thanks I know this has come up at times but he needs it right away.

Sillyminny

Don't know if I can help much 'cause I've only been a member since end of July, but from what I used it for so far is to receive 10% Discount at the Disney store, and this includes sale items. Used it to receive my $50.00 (USD) Onboard Cruise Credit. Received both the Summer and Fall issues of the Magazine just this week. The only thing that is different, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that we do not have access to the 1-800 # the people in the US get to use.

Waiting to receive "Free" movie tickets to go see Santa Clause 2.

So far it's paid for itself and to boot I got it at the renewal cost thanks to Mousesavers!

My membership cost just over 40.00 Cdn. (29.95 US)
And the card is cute.
Hope this helps.

Scratch
:smooth:

You do have a 1-800 # that you can use for DC from Canada-I have been using it regularily-it is right on the card!
You get the 10% at the store
Discount on passes at TDS here-but only the 7 day
You get the disney magazine- I think that is about a 7.00 value!
You get discounts on shopping at downtown disney,and on dining at some places

For us it was worth it, it has more than paid for itself!
Grover in Winnipeg:)

I love the Disney magazine and the cost basically covers that. And the 800 # is worth its weight in Disney muzak while you are on "hold". :p

There are discounts on different Disney tours ... and shopping at Downtown Disney and The Disney Store in Canada :) The Disney Magazine is great too! Sometimes they offer advanced screening movie tickets ... most recently they offered tickets to Lilo and Stitch and Santa Clause II.

I have to sign up for this too! I am the biggest Disney fan and I don't have this. What is the best way to get the membership. Thanks.

Do you have the Book of Gold?? If so on page D41 there are instructions on how to save 20% off your disney club membership!! I used this for mine and saved a few bucks! It is so easy to order-you can do so on line!

Grover in Winnipeg
:)

I live in a rural area and do not have the book of Gold. Thanks for the suggestion though Grover! (I may ask siblings if they have it though!)

Scratch, can you or anyone else tell me what this is? I think I'm going to get a DC membership, and would love to get US$10 off the price!

There's also the Entertainment Book which gives you 20% off the membership price ... I think that works out to about $7.99 for a $39.95 membership.

Opss-I wasn't to clear! The Entertainment book and the Book of Gold are one in the same! Sorry for any confusion I may have caused!
Grover in Winnipeg
:cool:

I didn't realize you can use the 800#. Thats another bonus!

Sillyminny bookmark www.mousesavers.com, this is a site that will let you know of special deals. The savings I got was a one day special, I think, but I have ordered an Entertainment Book for TO 'cause my "neice" is selling them thru school as a fundraiser. When I get it and there is a code to use I'll pass it along. I can't remember the code I used off hand for the deal but will check my file at work just in case I wrote it down. Check mousesavers to see if it is still available. It's a great site for info.

Thanks again!

Scratch
:smooth:

Yes, I think a good money saver.
I JUST made our first Priority Seatings ever and it took the lady (who did seem very nice & efficient) on the phone a half hour to do it -- 1 Donald Breakfastsaurus, 1 Epcot Ice Cream Social. Yes, we did have a special request noted that our eldest is diabetic, but a half hour! Thank goodness there's a toll-free number for DC Members. I would have blown a gasket over that long-distance charge for the privelege of spending lots of money to eat there.

On the other hand -- keep smiling-- I just successfully made the 2 Priority Seating character meals for our first Holiday in Disney World!!

Also will be signing us up for a subscription to our fave magazine: Family Fun at a discount with this. Kids have been enjoying the teasing Disney mag subscription -- nice build-up to keep them motivated on their paper routes.

And we're hoping to use for some discounts at hotels on our drive down & back.
Good luck.

I think I just read that they are discontinuing DC
@ Dec 2003?
(On the resorts board?)

I also read that they were closing down the Club , but that any memberships booked now until Dec 2002 would be honured for there full 1 year term. I was also thinking of getting a membership using the coupon from the Entertainment 2002 book, now Iam not too sure? They also are dropping Amex as a corporate partner and replacing them with Visa. Maybe I will have to check that out to see if us Canadians paying with our lowly loonie buck can join. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter