Disney Club Card Credit

markey

DIS Veteran
I think I have read on these boards that the on board credit is good on all cruises, could be wrong. But in the Disney Insider Mag. it was only listed for some. Before I call DU and bug them again I thought I would post the question here. We sail in August, and I booked last September. Thanks!

From the Disney Club Site (www.disneyclub.com):

<i>Receive a special onboard credit when you purchase a Disney
Cruise Line ® vacation. Ships’ Registry: The Bahamas
CST# 1022229- 50. Offer expires 12/ 31/ 02.
How to take advantage: Call 800- 432- 9137 or your travel agent
to book a Disney Cruise Line ® vacation. See the January issue of
The Disney Club SM News for more information on this offer or visit
The Disney Club SM website “Other Disney Vacations” section.</i>

I emailed my TA from Dreams and within 10 minutes she emailed back and asked for the membership number and the expiration date. Then in about 5 minutes she emailed again saying I had the credit. I booked in May 2001 for a cruise in June 2002. good luck.

I contacted DCL directly & told them that I am a member of the Disney Club. The CM immediately updated my reservation with a $50 onboard credit.

Check out the thread at the top of this board about the credit. It is not combinable with any other credit. :)

We joined the Disney Club after we read about the $50 credit on their website. Our cruise date was a valid date, and the Club told me the offer was still in effect. Well, we called our TA and gave him our Disney Club membership number and asked to get the credit applied. DCL refused. I called DCL to see what was the deal, and they told me they only offer a limited number of credits per sailing date and our date was filled up.

Basically, they offer the credit to try and increase booking for the cruise. Since our cruise is full (or nearly full) already, they don't feel a need to offer any additional incentive.

Disney Club has a 90 day money-back guarantee, which we are taking advantage of (if they have not already given out their "allotment").

Stephmarty, I understand your frustration. The Disney Club onboard credit offer was recently discontinued for the "Springtime Magic" cruises (the 5/11 cruise falls into that category) as they had a separate Disney Club promotion for that earlier in the year and apparently those cruise dates have filled.

There are many other benefits to the Disney Club, such as Disney Magazine, and discounts on park passes and other items. If you don't think you'll use any of them then I understand cancelling your membership, but I would definitely recommend taking a look at the full listing of benefits before you do so, just to be sure. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter