• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Club Discount and National Car

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
When I reserved my car for my upcoming trip, I entered my Disney Club discount number and got a $90 discount. However, I forgot that my DC card will expire before the trip and I really don't want to renew it. Last time, they did not ask to see my DC card. Do you think I'd be okay without the valid card? (I'm thinking no --- cause they might ask for it; but in the DC literature it just says to provide the DC # at time of booking, nothing about presenting the card like it does for other things).

Budget is $22 cheaper with National with the DC Discount. So, it'd be $110 less if I did not have the DC rate w/ National.

Thanks! ;)

I wouldn't push my luck Cali, they could ask and you would be paying a lot more for that car. MKY

They did ask to see our DC club card, our EC card and, naturally, our coupon.
For 29.99 to renew to save 90.00 I would go for the renewal. I will have already paid for itself with this rental and you will have saved 60.00 to start, not to mention the other discounts you will receive if you shop or buy passes.
IMHO, and certainly not to insult you, but this is a no brainer. :)

The last two times we used National we had to show DC card. I would go ahead and renew and not take a chance.

Okay, so the answer is excatly what I thought. Thanks. The only reason I wondered is because they did not ask to see the DC card the last time.

Well, AVIS is $80 less than National, so I'll just go with them. I don't need that Disney Club Card (AMEX and AP give the same or better discounts, with the exception of National Car Rental).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter