Disney Club worth it?

cinderellasmom

Earning My Ears
I am wondering if I should join Disney Club for my upcoming trip? I have ASM booked with AAA discount, and won't be renting a car. I am able to get the DC card with the Entertainment Book discount. Will I get my moneys worth? I am planning to do some shopping while there, and I go to Disney Store occasionally. Thanks for the help!

I was wondering the same thing. I get a $10 off discount through work. I joined in May and have saved a ton of money. The thing that really sealed the deal is I got an email in late May for an invitation to a sneak preview of Lilo & Stitch. We went and were pleasantly suprised that the Disney Club let all 4 of us go in free!!

I joined the Disney Club through my credit union. Best $29.99 I ever spent in my life! We saved the purchase price using the Entertainment card prior to even going to Disney (a favorite restaurant gives the standard 20% off). We booked the seven day Resort Magic at CBR and saved $300 right off the top and another $50 for the Magic plan. That's great! We then used it at Downtown Disney's Disney Store to buy items including a Minnie Mouse dress for our DD. There are little things like getting commemorative wine glasses at Fulton's Crab house and stuff like that. And the free Lilo & Stitch preview tickets. The one year subscription to the Disney magazine is great too with lots of tips. Join! It's the best deal I could find and trust me, I look for deals!

We joined DC last year with entertainment book discount. At the time it was AMAZING-- we saved about $20 per night on our hotel-- x 9 nights was a savings of $180- we saved on our park passes, we saved shopping DTD & we saved on dining- anywhere from dinner shows to retaurants (& also got some free souvanirs with the card) For us it was VERY worth it. We arent renewing it this year though. We decided to go for annual passes since we'll be there for 13 days & it is more cost effective than a hopper. The AP has better room discounts than anything else & almost everything that the DC offers the AP holder offers as well, sometimes better value too. It's obvioulsy more money but you only have to have one person in your party be a holder for you to get the discount. In other words you could buy 3 hoppers & on AP & get the good stuff. Plus if you go more than once in the year theres one less thing to buy next time. BUT-- if you're not willing to buy the AP & would definately go for the next best thing-- the DC! Hope this was helpful! :D

I would still use the Disney club to get the tickets for annual passes and such.
I haven't joined yet but reasearched and found you can save on the average $10 per annual passes. If you get three or more there is the price of the club.
I am defintely planning on Joining and then get my annual passes. I will be buying 7 passes so saving 40$ right there

Question: How do you join?! Lol! Sounds great to me!

I went to disney.com and signed up on the web! The confirmation email said it would be 2 weeks before I got my membership kit....it came in less than a week!!

we use it at TDS, are making ressies in Feb for the CR (hoping to get a good discount) and we used the entertainment card option to get $810 off 2 hotel rooms in Traverse City this summer!!!!

For me, the Disney Club has been well worth it. We have used it for room discounts, AP's and I use it quite often at the Disney Store. :)

We paid $31.96 for our DC card.

So far (we joined in April) we've received...

*4 free tickets to Lilo and Stitch (about $30 value)
*saved $45.58 on AP's(2 adult 1 child)
*3 Disney club magazines $3-4 each? (loved them all cover to cover)
*saved $25-30 at the Disney Store.

Thats about $115 so far. (With 8 months and one trip to WDW to go!)

So it depends on your situation.

Princess49- did you buy your APs before your membership ran out? if not It may be worth renewing just for that depending on how many APs your buying.

This sounds pretty good. can you save at all Disney restaurants?? and disney stores???

Not all the restaurants.. Mostly you can save at DTD. I know it's not good in any of the parks. I can look up the list if you like...

Hi! Can you join at the Disney Store? Or just online?

jldriscoll. thanks for the info, I don't think we will be eating at the downtown disney area. What is the discount on a 4 day park hopper pass??? i know AAA offers a discount on that also.

Good Morning! I checked the DC web site and they seem to have taken that info off for the moment. (hope that doesn't mean the price is going up :( )

Deb's site has the numbers though. Try this.....

http://wdwig.com/ticketchart.htm

Thanks for the info., i just checked out the website you gave me and it had alot of info about the disney club-all questions answered, thanks again!!!

You are very welcome! Keep that site bookmarked, she has TONS of GREAT information!!!!!

In the two years we have been DC members we have saved over $500 on hotels during trips to Ohio, Vermont, Illinois, and Indiana. That is before anything realted to Disney. The "entertainment card" feature alone is well worth the price even during a year we do not go to WDW. In the past we paid $49 per year to get a hotels at half price membership with exactly the same benefits. We will definately renew again this spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter