Disney Collection - Walt Disney World Resort hotel accommodations discussion.

Samaya

DIS Veteran
We don't see too many new threads on the UK DVC forum so I thought I would ask a question to see what response (if any) it gets.

Although we used our points for our first Disney Cruise, we soon learnt it wasn't the best use of our points and have since booked cruises with cash; we've also never been interested in using our points for a stay in a WDW hotel room.

The Walt Disney World Resort hotel accommodations in the Disney Collection is promoted as a benefit in the Member Guide book, but is this still a benefit especially when there are so many more WDW-DVC resorts to choose from.

Check out the following examples of DVC rooms over hotel rooms.....

Points for an OKW studio varies over the year between 10 and 26 points per night.

Points for either of the studio's at the new GFV varies between 17 and 43 points per night.

Whereas the points required for a one night hotel stay at the Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort varies between 18 and 43 points, the Yacht Club Resort between 39 and 84 points and at the Polynesian Resort between 43 and 104 points a night, plus the $95 transaction fee.

So does any member still see this as a benefit worth keeping and if so would you use it in the near future?

Or would you rather see this benefit replaced and if so what new benefit would you like to see at WDW.

Always pay cash for the cruises, point just don't go far enough. If I was to ask for a new DVC perk it would be free park tickets.

The only place I would use the Disney collection is California if I were locked out if VGC. I would also use the concierge collection in California as we would like to go every other year rotating between Florida andCalifornia and this uses our points in California.

Its not a benefit we have used and i cant see it being a benefit we will ever use to be honest.

Id prefer more benefits along the lines of discounts. The discounted PAPs were good and id like those to continue. I think they could offer other discounts on the dining plans or a discount off cruises/shipboard credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!