Disney College Program Discount?

glencoe

DIS Veteran
Before I get my hopes up, I was trying to see if Disney College Program participants get discounts buying DVC? I just finished paying off my last contract and of course...thinking of another. My last two were resale, my first was direct. However with the cost of resale lately, if his discount can get us somewhat close to what resale is doing, I would go direct this time.
Thanks for any info...my son has been so busy he keeps forgetting to find out!

I don't know about buying DVC, but I know their discount on cash reservations isn't that great. I had someone rent my DVC points for a room because it ended up being cheaper than the discount through his daughter who's working there.

I don't know about buying DVC, but I know their discount on cash reservations isn't that great. I had someone rent my DVC points for a room because it ended up being cheaper than the discount through his daughter who's working there.
When my son worked for Disney, we got 40% off at the GF.

When my son worked for Disney, we got 40% off at the GF.

He didn't tell me the % off he was getting. Only that he was comparing DVC rental cost vs the discount through his daughter. This was during F&W in early Sept, so I'm not sure what the cash rates look like but it's adventure season for DVC. I'm guessing he got a good enough savings on DVC since he cancelled his cash res and booked DVC.

Yes room discounts have been hit or miss. Remember it is off RACK RATES so some of the disney discounts get you a better rate!
However this Dec. we are going down to see him since he wont be home for xmas. I booked Beach Club ahead of time and when his discounts opened he called to see what he could get us....No discount for beach club lower than what we were getting, but he got us Polynesian Club level MK view for the same amount of $$ as Beach Club. I took it!! Can't wait, never did club level at all, we have done alot of regular hotels this trip due to some of his discounts and I can truly say I miss my DVC rooms!!
I really am hoping DVC purchase is in CM discounts, I am ready for a 4th contract!! We have no points till 2020. Let's just say we have really been enjoying our DVC

Before I get my hopes up, I was trying to see if Disney College Program participants get discounts buying DVC? I just finished paying off my last contract and of course...thinking of another. My last two were resale, my first was direct. However with the cost of resale lately, if his discount can get us somewhat close to what resale is doing, I would go direct this time.
Thanks for any info...my son has been so busy he keeps forgetting to find out!

So I just talked with Member services because I wanted to add on for another contract. There is a promo until the end of the month the developer credit for 125 points and up. I also asked for the cast member discount and it is the same as the developer credit for Copper Creek. Price currently is $182 per point with price increase in January

When my son was a CP, we looked into taking advantage of his cast member discount. Although we could definitely receive this discount, there were restrictions placed on the purchase, and we were not comfortable with them. These restrictions included the inability to ever rent the points and the necessity of selling them back at the purchase price if we wanted to sell in the future. Because of these restrictions, we decided that buying resale was the best decision for us. We actually saved more money by doing so.

When my son was a CP, we looked into taking advantage of his cast member discount. Although we could definitely receive this discount, there were restrictions placed on the purchase, and we were not comfortable with them. These restrictions included the inability to ever rent the points and the necessity of selling them back at the purchase price if we wanted to sell in the future. Because of these restrictions, we decided that buying resale was the best decision for us. We actually saved more money by doing so.
Wow- that is wierd. I am not sure I would agree to that either. I am on the fence...either direct with a cm discount or resale. I have pretty much settled on Poly. After this past year (we have stayed in alot of different disney resorts this year) we have decided we will always love the monorail.
My first three are BLT and although I have enjoyed staying in other locations, I like being really close to MK and the monorail. So now the decision starts....waitlist for a direct Poly contract or wait till my use year pops up resale....hmmmmmm. It can't hurt to get more direct points with alot of the recent park changes coming that make me think along with increase in ticket costs, they might bump the direct/blue card points up past 75. I have one direct at 150...but I am wondering if that will be enough!!

they might bump the direct/blue card points up past 75. I have one direct at 150...but I am wondering if that will be enough!!

They grandfathered in those who qualified with only 25 points. And before that they grandfathered in those who purchased before the 2011 date that started placing restrictions on new resale buyers. No real reason to think that owners who are currently qualified wouldn't continue that way and it would just be brand new buyers who might have some changes.

With Poly now 220/pt direct vs getting it $160 or maybe even less resale it's going to be an expensive "what if" purchase or will take a mighty big CM discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter