Disney Concierge or Celebrity Concierges

LuvtoPlan

Earning My Ears
Considering a Celebrity cruise for Europe and wanted to hear from anyone who has gone on both Celebrity and Disney and how they compare. We have only done Disney Concierge and are probably spoiled.

We've cruised (non-Concierge) on both DCL and Celebrity in Europe - 12n Baltic on DCL and an 10n Italy/Greece on Celebrity. Both were very port-intensive and had very few sea days. While we thoroughly enjoyed our DCL experience, I think my family relaxed more and preferred Celebrity.

The biggest reason is that we never felt we were missing fun, exciting activities if we stayed off the ship and missed dinner. Since the bulk of the cruise was spent in ports, we felt it was a far better value than Disney. We ate a lot of dinners in the buffet, which isn't an option for DCL - the food in the MDR was okay, but not to our taste- but since the specialty restaurants allow children, our teenage daughter could experience them with us so we enjoyed dining there as well. We didn't get photos, and didn't spend a lot of money in the shops (unlike DCL). We had unlimited wifi and free beverages, and took full advantage of both! Celebrity service was on par with Disney for every crew we encountered, and they were just as friendly and willing to talk. The only downside is I found it harder to find cruise meet communities online, but they are out there if you know where to look, and we did share a DIY tour with another family from our cruise meet group.

We've sailed DCL since our Celebrity cruise, and there were a lot of things we actually missed about Celebrity! (mostly the wifi and the beverage package). Our next cruise is DCL and we're looking forward to it - but DCL is always a very active, activity-filled vacation for us as we get the most out of the on-board activities. For a relaxing cruise when we're on the ship on port-intensive itineraries, or for itineraries that Disney doesn't offer, I won't hesitate to book Celebrity.

Keep in mind that Disney Concierge is not equivalent to Celebrity Concierge; it would be more equivalent to their suites (starting at Sky Suite level).

We've been sailing in Celebrity suites and really enjoy them. Suites get a butler, a private restaurant, a private lounge, and lots of perks. Usually suites can book with four perks included: premium beverage package, free wifi, free gratuities, and free OBC.

I've only sailed concierge in Europe with DCL, but I'll chime in as we are doing our first Celebrity cruise (in a Royal Suite) in December. We LOVED our DCL Europe cruise and it was the only way I felt comfortable going to Europe with a younger child (my DS was 7 at the time). We had done a land tour of Europe the year before and he just wasn't ready for it. The cruise was perfect for all of us - a complete balance of amazing ports, great service and a ton of things for our DS to do on the ship when we weren't touring. The kids club was his haven and a place to unwind after long days in port. Now that my DS is 10, DCL is less of a draw as he doesn't want to go to the kids clubs anymore, hence, we booked a Celebrity cruise for December. So, IMHO, if you don't need to utilize the kids clubs, I wouldn't hesitate to choose another line for a Europe cruise. You will, most likely, save a ton of money. I'm still shocked at all we are getting on our upcoming Celebrity cruise by sailing in a suite and the price point is much lower than DCL.

Keep in mind that Disney Concierge is not equivalent to Celebrity Concierge; it would be more equivalent to their suites (starting at Sky Suite level).

We've been sailing in Celebrity suites and really enjoy them. Suites get a butler, a private restaurant, a private lounge, and lots of perks. Usually suites can book with four perks included: premium beverage package, free wifi, free gratuities, and free OBC.
Thanks for pointing out that concierge category is different. Do you know if Sky still price less than Disney Concierge?

Well for kicks I looked at cruises next June. Rome to Barcelona or similar: 8 nights on Disney Magic, $22,000+, 12 nights on Celebrity Infinity $18,000. (2 in a room)

To be fair, Celebrity's new ship, Edge, are comparable to Disney's prices, but that ship has had significantly higher fares since it opened for booking. And suites have a private deck area on that ship that they don't have on others.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter