Disney Coparenting, many magic bands

mFont23

Mouseketeer
Going to Disney World in February (Mardi Gras/ Dance performance for step daughter) and have questions regarding how to make the move between hotels as seamless as possible.

So, a little background. My husband and I were married in Disney and we had planned to spend our anniversary there this coming year, right around Easter. My stepdaughter would be out of school and it fell perfectly between both kids' birthdays (we have an infant son as well). Well that wasn't going to work with a family wedding and a few other things. So sadly, we were going to have to consider another time to go. My stepdaughter's dance school was invited to perform in Disney over Mardi Gras break (this coming February), but we didn't think much of it because we already had plans to go in April and she would be on that trip with her mom. After running numbers and tossing ideas we decided to go to the Dance Performance trip in February.

We will be going Friday, February 9- February 15. Her mom will be getting there Monday, February 12. She will be moving over to the hotel with her mom that day and we will be together in the parks and for the performance for 3 days before we fly out and they have a few days together without us.

Our fastpasses are all booked together, our meals will be together until our trip ends, etc. But here's the thing... my SD has magic bands for both our trip and the trip with her mother. I know we are double paying for those few days of overlap, but really it ended up being worth it because the meal plan is covered, and breaking up our trip even more (because we have a room only that first night) was not ideal. So, whatever, it works.

My question is... how will that affect our fastpasses/dining reservations/etc. And also, what's the best way to get her luggage to her mom's resort without distrupting our fun time?

Because our trips are linked, I'm able to make the fastpasses both all of us, including my stepdaughter twice. But i've heard rumors that you can only use fastpasses on magic bands that entered that park, that day? she obviously can't scan in twice.

I'm less worried about the dining plan, because I know it works as a whole. So when we eat together, we just make sure her meal is on our tickets, paid with our magic bands. Doesn't matter what magic band she entered the park with, I would assume.

So if anyone could help with this and offer any ways to make this trip as seamless and exciting as possible, that would be GREATLY appreciated!

You need to make sure she uses the SAME Magicband for park entry and FP scanning.

Does she have ONE MDE account or two? How old is she? For young children (I don't remember the age cut off) - only ONE adult can control a child's experience on one account. (So - my niece has two accounts - one for when she travels with me - and one when she travels with her folks.)

If she has PRIOR MB's from previous trips - you might want to make sure they are deactivated on her account.

As for moving stuff - taxi/Minnie Van/Uber/Lyft is easiest - but you can do luggage transfer through Bell Services or haul it around on buses. What I would suggest would depend on time of day mom expects to arrive. When I switch resorts - I go over to that resort first thing in the morning. I usually can't check into my room yet - so I leave my stuff at Bell Services and just pick it up when I get back for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!