Disney Crossy Roads (Secret Characters and How to Get Them) [Beauty & the Beast Update]

And it appears it didn't fix the weekend challenge bug. This is the second weekend in a row where I wasn't able to participate. Which is odd because I never had any problems with the weekend challenges prior.

I sent an email to support yesterday, hoping it's as painless to get my characters for this week as it was for last week.

I've never stuck with any mobile game like I have with this one.
I've only ever had problems with one weekend challenge. Last week with monsters inc. every time I closed the app I had to start all over. I kept fungus but had to start over. When I got boo it still told me I hadn't played yet. When I emailed support the response was like I was completely uneducated and it was unhelpful. Like have I closed the app and reopened it.....well yeah that was the problem I closed the app and it reset. Thankfully I have more than on device to play on so if one won't do it one of the others usually will. I can't imagine not being able to get the characters more than one weekend in a row that would just irritate me. I think I still play because I loved playing frogger and paceman at the arcade then combine Disney it's just fun.

I've only ever had problems with one weekend challenge. Last week with monsters inc. every time I closed the app I had to start all over. I kept fungus but had to start over. When I got boo it still told me I hadn't played yet. When I emailed support the response was like I was completely uneducated and it was unhelpful. Like have I closed the app and reopened it.....well yeah that was the problem I closed the app and it reset. Thankfully I have more than on device to play on so if one won't do it one of the others usually will. I can't imagine not being able to get the characters more than one weekend in a row that would just irritate me. I think I still play because I loved playing frogger and paceman at the arcade then combine Disney it's just fun.

Interesting that we had such different experiences with support. I laid everything out in my original email stating that I tried closing the app, then tried resetting the device, etc. Maybe the person I spoke to actual decided to read my email and not just read the script they have? Her response was essentially, "No problem, we know this bug exists, just give me the information listed below so I can add the characters to your player ID". Nice and simple. We shall see what I run into within the coming days (usually takes 72 hours to respond).

Interesting that we had such different experiences with support. I laid everything out in my original email stating that I tried closing the app, then tried resetting the device, etc. Maybe the person I spoke to actual decided to read my email and not just read the script they have? Her response was essentially, "No problem, we know this bug exists, just give me the information listed below so I can add the characters to your player ID". Nice and simple. We shall see what I run into within the coming days (usually takes 72 hours to respond).
Yeah my email said same things. What the problem was and what I had done to try to fix it. I am not completely unknowledgeable when it comes to technology so I do know the basics like have you tried resetting your system, have you closed program. Shoot if a computer have you tried unplugging it and re plugging back in after 10 seconds to releases static charge. But I would agree the person getting mine did not read and gave me a generic cut and paste response. Hopefully you can get the characters. I read a post today that someone supposedly got a response that cupcake Ralph isn't fully available. Keep me updated.

If it's multiple characters do you think each character has to find something (like the scarab pieces) or each character has to do an action?
In the most recent update of the original Crossy Road, one hidden character could only be unlocked by having every other character in the set die in the same way. Wondering if they went the same route for the Disney version too?

Saw that last night. I was going to try it today but got the following email. Again, the difference in support is really surprising to me. This was the first email I received after I reached out to support this week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161008-162852.png
    Screenshot_20161008-162852.png
    226.3 KB · Views: 6
Saw that last night. I was going to try it today but got the following email. Again, the difference in support is really surprising to me. This was the first email I received after I reached out to support this week.
I tried contacting Tech Support and the email I received said that they COULDN'T add the characters. So you're right. There's a definite difference in the level of support.

I tried contacting Tech Support and the email I received said that they COULDN'T add the characters. So you're right. There's a definite difference in the level of support.

Maybe they just like you better @mikepizzo glad you got the characters.

That's crazy! I hope you can get your characters back somehow...I mean, I know from experience it's possible!

Maybe they just like you better @mikepizzo glad you got the characters.

Hey, what can I say, maybe I'm just a likable guy? :p

Thank you @Ndusmama for sending me the characters for the Toy Story weekend challenge. Seems like it is available for you a couple hours before it is available for me! Hoping I can actually participate this weekend!

Updated the first post.

Thank you @Ndusmama for sending me the characters for the Toy Story weekend challenge. Seems like it is available for you a couple hours before it is available for me! Hoping I can actually participate this weekend!

Updated the first post.
I actually was bored this morning so I changed my time zone to Australia. :P

I actually was bored this morning so I changed my time zone to Australia. :P

tumblr_moudm8DvhZ1relg8bo2_250.gif

Also, just tried the Toy Story weekend challenge. Third week in a row I encountered the bug. I'll be sending an email later today. I'll let you guys know if it was, again, as easy as it was in the previous weeks or if they give me push-back.

Are you playing on android or iPhone?
tumblr_moudm8DvhZ1relg8bo2_250.gif

Also, just tried the Toy Story weekend challenge. Third week in a row I encountered the bug. I'll be sending an email later today. I'll let you guys know if it was, again, as easy as it was in the previous weeks or if they give me push-back.

I have a Nexus 6P, so I'm running Android Nougat 7.0 October build (NBD90X).

It's weird because the bug didn't effect me for the first 2 or 3 weekend challenges.

I have a Nexus 6P, so I'm running Android Nougat 7.0 October build (NBD90X).

It's weird because the bug didn't effect me for the first 2 or 3 weekend challenges.

I wonder if it is an android glitch. I use an iPad or an iPhone and the only glitches I had was Pirates speeding up so fast the characters were a blur and monsters inc resetting after closing. When I emailed about the monsters inc one they gave me a checklist and one of the items was if I had current operating system, did I have most recent app update. Not sure how that works for android though.

I wonder if it is an android glitch. I use an iPad or an iPhone and the only glitches I had was Pirates speeding up so fast the characters were a blur and monsters inc resetting after closing. When I emailed about the monsters inc one they gave me a checklist and one of the items was if I had current operating system, did I have most recent app update. Not sure how that works for android though.

Yup, it's more of less the same for Android. Our Play Store is the equivalent to your App Store. I have my phone set up to notify me when any of my apps have pending updates.

What I do know is that sometimes apps get so big that they almost HAVE to port themselves over to Android. SnapChat is a great example. I don't use it but my understanding is that it started for iOS. Became this HUGE thing, so they decided to create and Android team and port it over. I've heard it works great on iOS and I've also heard it's an absolute nightmare on Android. It's not optimized at all.

I don't think this is the case with Crossy Roads. I think it's just an Android specific glitch, that is if other iOS users have not encountered any problems.

I don't think this is the case with Crossy Roads. I think it's just an Android specific glitch, that is if other iOS users have not encountered any problems.

I have an iphone and it glitched on the Lion King weekend for me. haven't had an issue since though

Yup, it's more of less the same for Android. Our Play Store is the equivalent to your App Store. I have my phone set up to notify me when any of my apps have pending updates.

What I do know is that sometimes apps get so big that they almost HAVE to port themselves over to Android. SnapChat is a great example. I don't use it but my understanding is that it started for iOS. Became this HUGE thing, so they decided to create and Android team and port it over. I've heard it works great on iOS and I've also heard it's an absolute nightmare on Android. It's not optimized at all.

I know with Apple they do try to vett out the bad apps and not just anyone can make an app. My understanding with android is anyone can make an app and it's not necessarily checked before launch.

I have an iphone and it glitched on the Lion King weekend for me. haven't had an issue since though

Thanks for the info! Makes sense. Glitch appeared for all versions, seems like they fixed iOS glitch and are still having trouble with the Andorid version.

I know with Apple they do try to vett out the bad apps and not just anyone can make an app. My understanding with android is anyone can make an app and it's not necessarily checked before launch.

Correct. Apple is pretty strict over what apps get approved to be in the App Store. Android...not so much. That's the double edged sword of having an open source operating system.

Ok, finished the Toy Story Weekend..we have a two week wait and then (of course) Haunted Mansion Weekend for Halloween...I am excited about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter