Disney Crossy Roads (Secret Characters and How to Get Them) [Beauty & the Beast Update]

I don't really understand the pure disdain. I have audio off most of the time and it's 5 seconds. I don't see the commercial every time either.

I think the changes they made to the daily and weekly challenges are welcome. I haven't experienced any bugs.

The progress bar on the daily challenge is nice. The idea that you must complete the first daily challenge before we get to the bonus challenges actually closes a loophole where you would likely complete the initial challenge while doing one of the bonus challeges. That's no longer possible.

I guess you can see I'm still enjoying the game. The only characters I have left to get are the daily and weekly challenge characters, so I just keep accumulating coins. Nothing to spend them on.

Are you using the iOS app or the Android app? Also, did you pay for Hamm?

I'm using the Android App and whenever I click to play a challenge it brings me to that map for a fraction of a second, then the challenge screen pops up (with some of the actual code behind what's being shown on screen) where I have to hit the play button again. I know it sounds "firstworldproblem-y" but, to me, it's just a thing I expect not to have to do. If I already said I wanted to play a challenge I shouldn't have to hit it again. Everything should just work. Maybe this is just the Android app.

As for the ads, I didn't so much mind the Moana one. That was more of a small pop up window for me where I can just X out. The video that plays at launch isn't really the problem; it's the combination of paying $5 for the app and the fact that it was added. They intentionally added a small annoyance.

I just think if one puts money towards an app, one shouldn't have to deal with the same amount of ads that one who has not paid anything towards the app deals with. Just my thoughts though.

I don't really understand the pure disdain. I have audio off most of the time and it's 5 seconds. I don't see the commercial every time either.

I think the changes they made to the daily and weekly challenges are welcome. I haven't experienced any bugs.

The progress bar on the daily challenge is nice. The idea that you must complete the first daily challenge before we get to the bonus challenges actually closes a loophole where you would likely complete the initial challenge while doing one of the bonus challeges. That's no longer possible.

I guess you can see I'm still enjoying the game. The only characters I have left to get are the daily and weekly challenge characters, so I just keep accumulating coins. Nothing to spend them on.

I agree with @mikepizzo in that if you paid the $5 for Hamm why should you be getting the ads. As is I am only getting ONE ad and it's that annoying dog. Even 5 second of listening to it is annoying. If I had alternating ads or new ads it would irritate me nearly as much. I will happily watch an ad (or allow it to play while I do something else) for 30 seconds to earn more coins, but to be forced to watch the dog EVERY time I open the app is, to be repetitive, annoying.

Yes the progress bar is a nice addition.

And @mikepizzo is the glitch you are getting? For me it comes up after i lose a life. IMG_0438.PNG

I am playing on Android. I have not seen this glitch. Yes, you have to hit play twice. The first time puts you in Daily Challenge Mode. The second is to play the Daily Challenge. I would not call that a bug, but a program design. The screen shot posted does look like a bug though and certainly if your seeing what looks like source code sounds like a bug. I guess I'm fortunate enough not to have experienced those.

I agree with @mikepizzo in that if you paid the $5 for Hamm why should you be getting the ads. As is I am only getting ONE ad and it's that annoying dog. Even 5 second of listening to it is annoying. If I had alternating ads or new ads it would irritate me nearly as much. I will happily watch an ad (or allow it to play while I do something else) for 30 seconds to earn more coins, but to be forced to watch the dog EVERY time I open the app is, to be repetitive, annoying.

Yes the progress bar is a nice addition.

And @mikepizzo is the glitch you are getting? For me it comes up after i lose a life. View attachment 208449

Yep, that's it exactly, except it comes up whenever I get brought to that screen. Just for a second though, then the appropriate text displays.

I am playing on Android. I have not seen this glitch. Yes, you have to hit play twice. The first time puts you in Daily Challenge Mode. The second is to play the Daily Challenge. I would not call that a bug, but a program design. The screen shot posted does look like a bug though and certainly if your seeing what looks like source code sounds like a bug. I guess I'm fortunate enough not to have experienced those.

The issue I was describing (in regards to the hitting the play button twice) is that it brings me back to the Daily Mission screen (like the one pictured above) after I select my Daily Mission. So I'll be at the screen above, select the Daily Mission I want to play, the appropriate level will load and then almost instantly revert back to the Daily Missions screen. I'll select the same Daily Mission, the level will load, and I will be able to play the level. It does this every single time I die.

Every time I die I get that screen. I can't choose daily missions because I have all the characters. The daily missions are available any more. But when I was still doing them the same thing happened to me as you @mikepizzo I would go in select the mission and when I went to start it took me back to mission page to select again. I emailed tech about that one and they said it will get fixed hopefully in next update. There were a lot glitches with moana because it was rushed a week early.

did I miss a weekend challenge I wasn't aware of? Today's daily challenge has Elf Vanelope and looking online it says she was the reward for a weekend challenge along with Santa Ralph...I don't remember a Wreck-It-Ralph weekend that I missed.

did I miss a weekend challenge I wasn't aware of? Today's daily challenge has Elf Vanelope and looking online it says she was the reward for a weekend challenge along with Santa Ralph...I don't remember a Wreck-It-Ralph weekend that I missed.

It's the weekend challenge in two weeks. You did not miss them.

I know some of you were anxiously awaiting the Haunted Mansion weekend challenge. Well. What a dud. Bats and Steps. That's it. Over and over again. No creativity. How about lighting candles or avoiding armor? That would have changed it up a bit. I love the new characters though.

I know some of you were anxiously awaiting the Haunted Mansion weekend challenge. Well. What a dud. Bats and Steps. That's it. Over and over again. No creativity. How about lighting candles or avoiding armor? That would have changed it up a bit. I love the new characters though.
I agree I love having the hatbox ghost, mostly because I love the hatbox ghost. Glad he is back on the ride. I think overall though the game is loosing its overall appeal. I only go on it now to get the weekend challenge characters for my kids. They love next weeks elf vanellope.

And it's weird, because there ARE other things to do in the level. Light the candelabras, dodge the armor. It did seem very lazy.

I agree I love having the hatbox ghost, mostly because I love the hatbox ghost. Glad he is back on the ride. I think overall though the game is loosing its overall appeal. I only go on it now to get the weekend challenge characters for my kids. They love next weeks elf vanellope.

The daily challenges have not reset for me after the last time I received a daily mission character. I've been stuck on day six for the past 3 days :\

I agree it was pretty limited in tasks, but it is one of my favorite levels in the game. I am getting tired of the Pirates level, seems like one the three daily bonus tasks is a Pirates one every other day.

The daily challenges have not reset for me after the last time I received a daily mission character. I've been stuck on day six for the past 3 days :\

Yikes that's not good. I'm still getting the 62/200 steps hopped daily mission after ever level played. But I have all the characters, including next weekends elf vanellope and Santa suit Ralph. Why did they not do Santa jack skellington? Hopefully there is an update next week to fix all of the bugs this time.

Yikes that's not good. I'm still getting the 62/200 steps hopped daily mission after ever level played. But I have all the characters, including next weekends elf vanellope and Santa suit Ralph. Why did they not do Santa jack skellington? Hopefully there is an update next week to fix all of the bugs this time.

I just sent support an email. We will see what they say. I'm not expecting much. Perhaps they will be able to push me over to the next set of stamps? Makes you think what happened. Did Hipster Whale have more control in the beginning? Does anyone know if the original Crossy Roads app has gone through this?

Are you using the iOS app or the Android app? Also, did you pay for Hamm?

I'm using the Android App and whenever I click to play a challenge it brings me to that map for a fraction of a second, then the challenge screen pops up (with some of the actual code behind what's being shown on screen) where I have to hit the play button again. I know it sounds "firstworldproblem-y" but, to me, it's just a thing I expect not to have to do. If I already said I wanted to play a challenge I shouldn't have to hit it again. Everything should just work. Maybe this is just the Android app.

I noticed that too and was wondering what the hell was going on. It is taking me three clicks to go in and play a challenge. And then once it begins, you can't easily change the character you're using to play.

I was waiting on it because the last time, the game glitched and completed the challenges for me, but I never got the characters. There are still three movies outstanding that happened for as well. Hoping to go back and get them at some point, whenever they cycle through the games again.

Once we have an enchanted character for each of the movies, I wonder what they'll do for weekly challenges at that point.

I was waiting on it because the last time, the game glitched and completed the challenges for me, but I never got the characters. There are still three movies outstanding that happened for as well. Hoping to go back and get them at some point, whenever they cycle through the games again.

Once we have an enchanted character for each of the movies, I wonder what they'll do for weekly challenges at that point.

I thought there was supposed to be a ticket machine, where you can use your tickets to buy the characters you may have missed (albeit no fault of your own) from the Weekend Challenges.

Also, to your second point, I think they will just end up doing multiple characters within a single world. This is going to be the second Wreck-It-Ralph Weekend Challenge, so we'll have two Enchanted Characters within the Wreck-It-Ralph Level.

I thought there was supposed to be a ticket machine, where you can use your tickets to buy the characters you may have missed (albeit no fault of your own) from the Weekend Challenges.

Also, to your second point, I think they will just end up doing multiple characters within a single world. This is going to be the second Wreck-It-Ralph Weekend Challenge, so we'll have two Enchanted Characters within the Wreck-It-Ralph Level.
I thought so too. Maybe they never bothered giving us the machine? So far I have nearly everyone. Might wind up doing the adjust trick to go back and get the other characters. But with work and life, I really don't have the time to be doing that for a silly online game. So, I'll wait it out. For now, I have tons of characters to use. At this point, I honestly don't even bother playing the game itself. I do the challenges, and then close it out until the next set of challenges are released at 7pm the next evening.

I thought so too. Maybe they never bothered giving us the machine? So far I have nearly everyone. Might wind up doing the adjust trick to go back and get the other characters. But with work and life, I really don't have the time to be doing that for a silly online game. So, I'll wait it out. For now, I have tons of characters to use. At this point, I honestly don't even bother playing the game itself. I do the challenges, and then close it out until the next set of challenges are released at 7pm the next evening.

I've done the date adjust trick a few times. I thought it didn't work at first, but the part I was missing was airplane mode.

Kill the app completely, change the date/time, turn on airplane mode, launch the app.

Also, if you do the Weekend Challenges this way, DO NOT watch an add. Watching an add messes things up, and basically makes you start all over again. I learned that the hard way :p

I've done the date adjust trick a few times. I thought it didn't work at first, but the part I was missing was airplane mode.

Kill the app completely, change the date/time, turn on airplane mode, launch the app.

Also, if you do the Weekend Challenges this way, DO NOT watch an add. Watching an add messes things up, and basically makes you start all over again. I learned that the hard way :p
I try that, but with it in Airplane mode I get "To play ion the Weekend Challenge or claim rewards, you need to be online, please reconnect and tap Ok..."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter