Disney Cruise Food Question

wizneather78

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are now booked on the Magic for 3-22-19. I was wondering if anyone has had luck requesting crab dishes at dinners before if it's not posted on a menu? Like specifically crab cakes, etc. I was looking over some recent menus and see a lot of other seafood options, but not a lot of crab shows up. I know were are super far out from our sailing, just wondering if anyone has had luck in the past requesting things that were not on a menu!

Thanks!

Hi, we are now booked on the Magic for 3-22-19. I was wondering if anyone has had luck requesting crab dishes at dinners before if it's not posted on a menu? Like specifically crab cakes, etc. I was looking over some recent menus and see a lot of other seafood options, but not a lot of crab shows up. I know were are super far out from our sailing, just wondering if anyone has had luck in the past requesting things that were not on a menu!

Thanks!
Typically, going off menu requires that the item be available in one of the dining rooms that night. If it's one of the nights that each dining room is serving it's own Signature menu, there's a better chance you can get something from another dining room's menu.

You could ask your server if getting crab cakes is a possibility. You might get them on a subsequent night, but not the night you ask for them.

Typically, going off menu requires that the item be available in one of the dining rooms that night. If it's one of the nights that each dining room is serving it's own Signature menu, there's a better chance you can get something from another dining room's menu.

You could ask your server if getting crab cakes is a possibility. You might get them on a subsequent night, but not the night you ask for them.
Great! Thank you!

We have had:-
Curry and accompaniments, rice, popadoms, as a special, not on any other menus.
We have had Greek and Turkish dishes, not on any other menus.

Now it's up to your server, and head server, and the food on the ship.

We have had:-
Curry and accompaniments, rice, popadoms, as a special, not on any other menus.
We have had Greek and Turkish dishes, not on any other menus.

Now it's up to your server, and head server, and the food on the ship.

That's because it's food served to the staff or food that the chef can make with ingredients on hand. Crab cakes are pretty specific.

Thanks!
No info on crab cakes, but we are on that cruise too! I'm excited to visit Key West.

That's because it's food served to the staff or food that the chef can make with ingredients on hand. Crab cakes are pretty specific.

Well.

The Greek food, we had special lamb cutlets, cooked Greek style,tzazdik an adjustment on what's served at Shwarma station, hummus from palo, rare in MDRs, yes curry was chicken quite easy. Popadoms need special cooking. Rice, yes freely available.
Turkish food, kebabs not the same as Shwarma station, not freely available.
Crab cakes on pirate menu. A bit more freely available from the freezer.

I love the service and food that Disney does but can I ask... why is it so special to specifically have crab cakes on a Disney cruise?

I love the service and food that Disney does but can I ask... why is it so special to specifically have crab cakes on a Disney cruise?
Well, I'm not a *super* adventurous eater and when it comes to seafood, I'm don't favor shrimp and most fish. I do enjoy crab dishes. So, I was hoping that maybe I could ask for something with crab as an alternative to other seafood offerings when sailing. I'm also not a big red meat eater.

There is not a lot of customzation or off-menu. The stuff like the curry is because staff cook that for staff and sometimes share.

Well, I'm not a *super* adventurous eater and when it comes to seafood, I'm don't favor shrimp and most fish. I do enjoy crab dishes. So, I was hoping that maybe I could ask for something with crab as an alternative to other seafood offerings when sailing. I'm also not a big red meat eater.
Don't worry about not caring for seafood. I don't care for most of it either. There are plenty of other options without going off-menu. There are often chicken and other options as well as red meat, that I love.

You can request any food item for any night in the MDRs. Tikka Masala, Chicken Parm, NY Strip...... just ask. I have photos from a galley tour with all the tickets for just this.

I'll chime in here that I wouldn't recommend asking your waiters for items not on the menu, just because they are so super busy and special requests place yet another burden on their time during the meal. They'll smile and try their best, but with so many options to choose from each night, we hate to ask these wonderful folks to make more time just for us and our special need that really isn't necessary. Look at the menu you'll have a hard time deciding among the delicious offerings each meal.

I'll chime in here that I wouldn't recommend asking your waiters for items not on the menu, just because they are so super busy and special requests place yet another burden on their time during the meal. They'll smile and try their best, but with so many options to choose from each night, we hate to ask these wonderful folks to make more time just for us and our special need that really isn't necessary. Look at the menu you'll have a hard time deciding among the delicious offerings each meal.
I agree. Watch Mega Food: World's Biggest Cruise Ship on Netflix and you'll feel bad about ever making a special request again. It is impressive and amazing how hard all of those people work and making extra requests just makes it even harder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!