Disney Cruise Honeymoon 2020

Sorry I havent been able to respond quickly! Thank you all for the responses and congratulations! I'll start tackling replies!

WOW Congrats to you too! :lovestruc We love going in october and are considering a stay at a deluxe (beach club or AKL) then the cruise. Where did you guys stay for your honeymoon?

I love timtracker and Im so happy they are doing a cruise vlog. They have the first one up so that makes me excited! I also heard that the later time has a better success rate as well. thank you for the tip!

Thank you for the reassurance! I am excited about all the adult only areas but I love the charm of Disney so I'm heavily leaning towards a DC. Carnival has some of the cheapest rates I have seen but just keep hearing negative things about them. I've been looking into Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises as well and some of the ships look beautiful.

thank you for the reassurance! I guess I should look up prices on those extra activities. I'm really interested in Remy and spa packages as I really just want this second portion of our honeymoon to be relaxing :3

The brand new Carnival ships are awesome though. My husband and I liked the Carnival Vista much more than the Disney Dream and Disney Wonder. My advice would be to not rule those out. Go watch vlogs about them. And take a look at the Havana section. ;)

We've sailed DCL 18 times with our kids, and 3 times without. With or without them we have no trouble finding adult activities. In fact on our last cruise all 4 of us were "adults" and we are still going again this summer.

As for timing, most of our cruises have been during hurricane season, July and August. We have had a couple of port changes/misses due to storms but that can happen almost any time. The only time we have missed CC was in February so it's really just a matter of luck. I wouldn't hesitate to book a cruise any time it works for me.

Hello everyone!

So this holiday me and my boyfriend got engaged and we couldn't be more excited. We always wanted to do a cruise but since neither of us has done one we are both overwhelmed with all the choices and destinations out there. We have both been to WDW many times and I especially love Disney. Immediately we both thought for our first cruise a Disney one might be a good choice. we were looking to do 2 weeks, a week or so on land in wdw (Late october) and 5 or more days on a Disney cruise to the bahamas or caribbean area. But I have some hesitations...

1. Is a Disney cruise too Kiddish? We like WDW a lot and never felt out of place but I'm worried we might feel awkward without children on the cruise.

2. Is there enough Adult things to do without children?

3. Is it Romantic? Im worried about the possibility of communal seating only because its our honeymoon. otherwise we are fine at places like Biergarten.

4. Would we be better off selecting a different cruise line? Im a huge fan and he usually just goes with the flow but I wouldn't say he loves it.

5. Travel insurance aside, should I avoid a cruise in the fall? I know its hurricane season and we plan on getting travel insurance but should I just suck up the cost and book during a different time?

if anyone could answer some of these questions and let me know their feelings on it ?i would appreciate it. Especially if you were a couple!

Thanks in advance!

We did DCL for our honeymoon and absolutely LOVED it! We did a 5 night double dip at Castaway Cay on the Dream which we would repeat again in a heartbeat. If you like WDW, you will love it! There are a lot of adult areas so I don't feel like we were ever surrounded by kids. We like the adult pools, adult shows at night, theatre shows, movies at the theater, and BINGO. We also really like the regular dining rooms- great food and service. We had our own table- just request it! DCL is so clean, well kept, has great food, and the service is great. I wouldn't do another cruise line if you are used to Disney-like vacations or another cruise line doesn't excite you. If you want to completely relax, feel taken care of, and see the carribean/ bahamas, DCL is the way to do it!!

The brand new Carnival ships are awesome though. My husband and I liked the Carnival Vista much more than the Disney Dream and Disney Wonder. My advice would be to not rule those out. Go watch vlogs about them. And take a look at the Havana section. ;)

Thank you so much for the tip! I will definitely check those both out! Thank you :)

Thank you everyone for the wonderful tips and reassurance! I went over everything with my fiance and he is excited to start the Disney cruise planning process! we will keep other Cruise lines in our minds as back ups but I think we are gonna go with DCL! Thank you so much again for helping us make up our minds and I'll be checking and posting in this forum alot in the next year! :)

Sorry I havent been able to respond quickly! Thank you all for the responses and congratulations! I'll start tackling replies!

WOW Congrats to you too! :lovestruc We love going in october and are considering a stay at a deluxe (beach club or AKL) then the cruise. Where did you guys stay for your honeymoon?

I love timtracker and Im so happy they are doing a cruise vlog. They have the first one up so that makes me excited! I also heard that the later time has a better success rate as well. thank you for the tip!

We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and I CANNOT say enough good things about it. It was MAGICAL. I have a novel of a post about it if you want any pics / details on the resort: https://www.disboards.com/threads/honeymoon-trip-nov-2nd-11th.3725009/#post-60130410

We didn't go with a Deluxe resort - the pull for POFQ was too strong. Ha! We did do the DxDP with a Moderate Resort so we could pay it off in advance and kind of get that all-inclusive feel AND not have guilt about ordering expensive items (knowing if we were paying out of pocket we'd order cheap to be budget savvy!). It worked out really well for us. I go on and on about it in my post so I will save everyone here from having to hear it - ha!

We caught up with all of the tracker videos this weekend and a few other people too. We found the Legg videos. A husband and wife that were just on the Dream out of Port Canaveral this past October for a Halloween cruise (channel is LeggLife). They had some interesting tidbits in their videos too.

Have so much fun planning your honeymoon! SO exciting!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter