Disney Cruise Line App Countdown

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
I am surprised that the countdown goes until Midnight. It would make more sense if the countdown to your cruise ended at around 4pm/5pm when sail away would happen and your Cruise truely begins (or make it so you can put in your cruise day and port arrival time for the countdown). Was wondering if anyone thought this about the countdown in the app too.

I've thought that before too, but I have a feeling they just wanted to make it sort of uniform so that when midnight strikes, you can say: THIS IS THE DAY I'M CRUISING!! :cool1:

I thought you were going to say the app designers must not have heard of the Titanic. It always looks to me like the ship is hitting an iceberg.

My husband and son are perturbed by the countdown numbers. They are very technical specific people. Me, i just like seeing what characters pop up!

My husband and son are perturbed by the countdown numbers. They are very technical specific people. Me, i just like seeing what characters pop up!

What's wrong with the numbers?

That stinks!
I agree it stinks - you leave the ship and the app basically shuts down. Maybe I have not booked a new cruise yet but it would be nice to be able to see the ship, decks, pictures from the cruise, cast members, character pics so forth. It depressing enough the cruise is over......

They dont like that it counts down until midnight. Im just glad we have a countdown at all! :flower1:

Ah.

I just always figured it's easier to do it to midnight because people have different PATs (which many will ignore to try and get onboard sooner). And at 12:01am on cruise day, it's CRUISE DAY!!!!!!

I agree...it's off. It always makes it seem like the cruise is one day closer than it really is.

On a side not regarding the app...I don't understand why they don't seem to want to add additional functionality pre-cruise besides the countdown. Why not add the ability to research & book excursions as well as onboard activities such as the meet & greets, mixology classes, Palo/Remy reservations, etc?

I agree...it's off. It always makes it seem like the cruise is one day closer than it really is.

On a side not regarding the app...I don't understand why they don't seem to want to add additional functionality pre-cruise besides the countdown. Why not add the ability to research & book excursions as well as onboard activities such as the meet & greets, mixology classes, Palo/Remy reservations, etc?

Yes! The app is so disappointing because it does virtually nothing until you're on the ship. The countdown is fun but I wish we could see maps of the ship, descriptions of the restaurants/shows/activities, list of currently booked activities etc.. I know I can find that stuff on the website but it would be fun to have a mobile version of our plans similar to MDX.

It would be nice if it "locked in" the data that was on the app as of the end of the cruise - so that you could go back through it to "remember" what you did. And who the acts were onboard ... was the juggler's name marcus mcgovern or mark monroe ... and the husband and wife magician were ... He and She or ... dang I have no clue .... I wish that there was an app for that!! And yes i know that there are the paper Navigators that we brought home - but they are someplace vs. on my phone in my pocket!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!