Disney Cruise online check in confusion

andthecaseofthe1

Earning My Ears
So can someone make this clear for me? I'm travelling with a friend and I have two totally conflicting sources telling me different things. Our online check in says midnight on January 26th. Does this mean that at 12:00am on Sunday (i.e. from 11:59 on Saturday the 25th over into 12:00 am on Sunday the 26th) or does this mean at 11:59pm on Sunday night, into Monday the 27th at 12:00am (i.e. 11:59 on Sunday over into 12:00 am on Monday the 27th). I know this seems silly but it's a difference of 12 hours and I don't want to miss something because I keep hearing two different things. Thanks!

So can someone make this clear for me? I'm travelling with a friend and I have two totally conflicting sources telling me different things. Our online check in says midnight on January 26th. Does this mean that at 12:00am on Sunday (i.e. from 11:59 on Saturday the 25th over into 12:00 am on Sunday the 26th) or does this mean at 11:59pm on Sunday night, into Monday the 27th at 12:00am (i.e. 11:59 on Sunday over into 12:00 am on Monday the 27th). I know this seems silly but it's a difference of 12 hours and I don't want to miss something because I keep hearing two different things. Thanks!
It means the midnight that changes the date from the 25 to the 26th.

That's what I thought, but my friend said she even talked to Disney and they said it was Sunday into Monday at midnight so I got super confused.

It's also midnight in the eastern time zone, so if you're on the west coast it's 9 p.m.

For our August 2019 cruise the online check in opened up by 10 pm EST but we couldn’t book any of our tastings and meal reservations until midnight. So, we got our PAT and other paperwork done early. It made things quicker at midnight.

For our August 2019 cruise the online check in opened up by 10 pm EST but we couldn’t book any of our tastings and meal reservations until midnight. So, we got our PAT and other paperwork done early. It made things quicker at midnight.
That would be 10pm est the night before it turns midnight on the date they gave you to check in, right?

That would be 10pm est the night before it turns midnight on the date they gave you to check in, right?
Yes :-) . I don’t know if will be the case for you but we saw something on this board a few weeks before and tried to check in at 10 pm EST and it worked. It may have been open sooner but I do not know. So, I would try a bit early - it won’t hurt.

There was a period of time when either the online check in or the activities booking window was opening earlier (generally around 9:00 pm Eastern time). But it's apparently not allowing that any more.

That's what I thought, but my friend said she even talked to Disney and they said it was Sunday into Monday at midnight so I got super confused.
Easy solution. Look at your reservation online. It will tell you specifically what date your window opens. And it's the midnight that DATE starts.

Easy solution. Look at your reservation online. It will tell you specifically what date your window opens. And it's the midnight that DATE starts.
That's what I keep thinking, but apparently Disney told my friend differently which is why I'm just trying to figure it out.

There was a period of time when either the online check in or the activities booking window was opening earlier (generally around 9:00 pm Eastern time). But it's apparently not allowing that any more.
That is unfortunate. We will still try early for our next cruise - just in case. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!