Disney Cruise Ship Photos

Snuggly01

Earning My Ears
Hi. Going on Disney Fantasy for Oct 20th cruise.

A couple of quick questions about Disney Cruise Photos.

1.I ordered the photo USB Thumb package ahead of time. When do I pick up the USB Thumb drive? If it is embarkment day how early does Shutter open up? We will be one of the first shuttle leaving for the airport as we have a 12:50 Pm Flight on Disembarkment day.

2. Does the Aquaduck offer an onride photo? I heard it does facial recognition. Does this photo automatically get added to your account?

3. Where can you get your pictures taken on Castaway Cay?

4. Beside Embarkment Day when you first get on the ship, character meet n greets, Dining Room, Castaway Cay, Bibbi Bobbi Boutique and Atrium Lobby backdrops where else can you get your picture taken with a photographer?
Do they do photos at deck parties, up on the pool deck, at the kids clubs, getting off the ship at ports, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks

1) Check the kiosk throughout your cruise to make sure all your photos are there. "Order" the USB the last day. Shutters opens early - I think around 6:30.
2) Any photos using facial recognition SHOULD be added to your account. I don't remember about Aquaduck but we've never gotten a photo from there.
3) Near the post office, on the beach/in the water, by the ship (ship in background)...check the Navigator - it will have the listing for where the characters will be as well. Do them when you see the photographers - they may not be there later in the day.
4) Outside of the Walt Disney Theater

1.I ordered the photo USB Thumb package ahead of time. When do I pick up the USB Thumb drive? If it is embarkment day how early does Shutter open up? We will be one of the first shuttle leaving for the airport as we have a 12:50 Pm Flight on Disembarkment day.

2. Does the Aquaduck offer an onride photo? I heard it does facial recognition. Does this photo automatically get added to your account?

4. Beside Embarkment Day when you first get on the ship, character meet n greets, Dining Room, Castaway Cay, Bibbi Bobbi Boutique and Atrium Lobby backdrops where else can you get your picture taken with a photographer?
Do they do photos at deck parties, up on the pool deck, at the kids clubs, getting off the ship at ports, etc.

Thanks
1. I believe you can pick up the thumb drive the night before, after a certain time. But they are open in the morning of debarkment.

3. There are roving photographers on Castaway Cay. But there's usually one near Mt Rustmore, and somewhere on the Family Beach.

4. Some ports do have a photographer at the gangway after you debark in a port. Usually on the special itineraries, not so much on the "regular" ones (Caribbean, Bahamas). Sometimes they have photographers on the outside deck for, again, special days (Panama Canal crossing, Tracy Arm, etc). I know photos are taken in the kids club, but I believe it's the YA CMs that do it, not the photographers.

They stop taking pictures that can be added to your package on the last day just so you can get your orders done on the last evening. I'd much rather do it the last night than have something to worry about during the disembarking morning.

On our last cruise (August 2018) they had photographers in the water and on the beach at Castaway Cay. I guess through facial recognition - they all ended up with our photos!

We picked out photos up as we disembarked - a table is set up on your way out in the main lobby. Right beside the table to pick up any hard liquor that you purchased at a port and had to check in.

Thanks

1. We usually try to pick our USB up the night before but have had a few times where we have to get it in the morning. If you are sailing Concierge, they can get it for you.

3. My kids have often had their photos taken in the water at Castaway Cay (family beach).

On our cruise this past summer, our USB drive was delivered to our stateroom overnight on the last night. We were told that those that had pre-ordered would be delivered overnight.
I suggest checking with shutters staff during the cruise to verify if you need to wait in line the last night for pick up or if it will be delivered.
There was also a table at the doors with shutters staff for any that were not yet picked up.

Here's a Disney cruise ship photo ...
Magic Leaving Quebec.jpg

it probably would even look better if we went across to Levis to watch the sail away. Quebec City in the background would have made an awesome picture!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter