disney cruise

ticketwm35

Mouseketeer
has anyone used there points for the cruise.If so does it cover the cost of port charges and taxs?What about the tips?I know this is probably a stupid question,but I really not sure how they work for a cruise.
Leslie

We have cruised on points (and will do so again). It DOES cover port charges and taxes. The points DO NOT cover tips, personal items, travel to the terminal and any chargeable beverages you get or shore excursions. We go on points contrary to what is believed to be a poor way to use points but we bought DVC for our vacations - not to have to worry about renting out points to get a better value. That said - cruise, enjoy!!!!!

You will also pay DVC a $75 nonrefundable transaction fee to cover the paperwork costs involved with transferring the points.

I have cruised on both points and cash only. I would not hesitate to use points again to cruise. Well worth it, in my opinion! :)

I have just booked a 7-Day cruise -2 Adults - Cat. 6 - Deluxe Stateroom w/Veranda including $150 credit to use onboard - Cost was 290 pts. +$75 exchange fee- If you figure $10 per point it works out to approx. $1,350 per person. You could do it for much less for an inside cabin. A week at Wilderness Lodge in a 1-bedroom would cost 200 pts.(@$10 per point = $2,000) plus entry to the parks, (6-day Park Hopper for 2 = $550 + tax) then add meals etc. and add all together it would cost MORE than the cruise ....IMHO

I agree with Disney6. We have used our points for a Disney cruise in the past. We bought our points for our trips and don't want to only do one thing (go to Disney World) every single year. Without the points we wouldn't have been able to afford to take our kids on a cruise and the kids loved it so much they said they would rather go on other cruise than go to Disney World. That said I guess we will use points for a cruise again sometime in the future.
Go cruising and enjoy, we sure did!

I think an important point is that if you are going to cruise OR go to Disney then using points for the cruise is a good value (rather than banking or renting). In our case we wanted to cruise AND go to Disney so it made more sense for us to pay $$ for the cruise and use our points at BWV. Our cruise was $3656 and would have consumed about 500 points.

We used 200 points for a 2Br at BWV so we 'saved' 300 points and the cost of the cruise vs paying cash for the Boardwalk is almost a wash (I think cash for the BWV would have been about $3375). In our case it was pretty clear, we saved points and can go to Disney one more time this year!!!!

If we had only wanted to cruise, then maybe it would have made sense to use our points.

Of course, we could have rented our points - if we got the 'going rate' of $10/point we could have put over $1000 in our pocket.

YMMV...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter