Disney Dating...Will I ever meet my prince?

Disney is a deal breaker? I love WDW, obviously, but I'm happy to go by myself, or with friends, and you can always introduce and convert someone to being a WDW lover, if you're looking for one to start out with, and with how savage dating is, that's going to be hard. I will encourage you on the "convert" route; it's worked for me before:)
I don't know, we'll see. My ex was not a Disney fan and I was very miserable. Not sure if I want to do that again.

A match made!

On the surface and from the intellectual perspective having one thing as a relationship deal breaker is foolish. But I've been there. And on both sides. One thing CAN break up a relationship.

I'm a stagehand, I work nights. I've had two women find that a relationship deal breaker. I love Disney and I have left a relationship because she hated going to Disneyland.
I'm planning on moving up closer to Disney in the next couple of years. And hopefully become a cast member. Crossing my fingers

I'm planning on moving up closer to Disney in the next couple of years. And hopefully become a cast member. Crossing my fingers
This is coming from a current CM

It’s not all fun and games. I’m sure you are aware of that. But be prepared for low pay and long hours.

I don't know, we'll see. My ex was not a Disney fan and I was very miserable. Not sure if I want to do that again.

I get if they hate it, but finding an existing WDW lover isn't always neccessary. Find the perfect guy and make him a fan, that's all. Regardless, good luck!

I once took a date to Disneyland since she had never been. All day she kept making the comment, "oh this looks fun for kids" and "oh that is cute for kids" but she really wasn't much wowed by it herself. I pointed out there were adults that were in the park without children and she kept expressing surprise. She said she liked the fireworks though.

After that, we had one more date but then I kind of let it fizzle out. A love for Disney is definitely not mandatory for me, but she was clearly not that into it while she was there. I'm wondering if I made the right decision, but it just seemed like someone could get a little more excited about the things I was interested in.

Then again, she was really interested in purse design and I don't know if I'd be able to act so excited if she took me to a purse convention.

I once took a date to Disneyland since she had never been. All day she kept making the comment, "oh this looks fun for kids" and "oh that is cute for kids" but she really wasn't much wowed by it herself. I pointed out there were adults that were in the park without children and she kept expressing surprise. She said she liked the fireworks though.

After that, we had one more date but then I kind of let it fizzle out. A love for Disney is definitely not mandatory for me, but she was clearly not that into it while she was there. I'm wondering if I made the right decision, but it just seemed like someone could get a little more excited about the things I was interested in.

Then again, she was really interested in purse design and I don't know if I'd be able to act so excited if she took me to a purse convention.

Yes that’s what I’m talking about. It’s my passion. Why shouldn’t I find someone that has the same passion? And you should be able to as well.

Say No to the purse convention lol

I could possibly date someone who is indifferent to Disney, but my quality of life would drop drastically if they couldn't find the magic in a WDW vacation. A quick WDW vacation is a great engagement test to make sure that I could really raise children with this person.

I could possibly date someone who is indifferent to Disney, but my quality of life would drop drastically if they couldn't find the magic in a WDW vacation. A quick WDW vacation is a great engagement test to make sure that I could really raise children with this person.
Yes I totally agree

Weirdly, back before I rediscovered the Disney magic, I was on the opposite end of this kind of relationship, dating someone who loved Disney as much as I do now, in a period of time when I was "meh" about it. I honestly got the sense she was only dating me for my Disney admission benefits, and we ended up breaking up before we could take a trip together. Now, many years later, I couldn't imagine dating someone who didn't appreciate Disney vacations as much as I do.

Glad you converted :)
I was just in a relationship where my partner didn't like going to Disney. I can't deal with that. And that she only dated you for your admission benefits...not cool. I hope to meet a nice Disney loving guy who loves it as much as I do.

Disney is a deal breaker? I love WDW, obviously, but I'm happy to go by myself, or with friends, and you can always introduce and convert someone to being a WDW lover, if you're looking for one to start out with, and with how savage dating is, that's going to be hard. I will encourage you on the "convert" route; it's worked for me before:)

This is so true!

My husband had never even heard of Disney World before I met him! He grew up in a tiny town of less than 200 people in Montana, with no cable, and attended a one room school from kinder to 8th grade. He’s my polar opposite in almost every way imaginable, from our obvious physical and cultural differences, to upbringing and interests. However, I LOVE Disney and was confident that I could convince him to at least tolerate it, haha.

Our relationship went fast - he flew me to meet his mom in Montana 3 months in, and after that, I planned a Disney trip for the following year and paid for everything. I didn't want him to think about cost (especially since his closest basis for comparison were county fairs in Washington). I just wanted to get him hooked on Disney first. It could not have gone better! He's an engineer and was so impressed with the animatronics and all the other tech-y stuff. I went all out and booked the best restaurants, so he raved about the food everywhere. Now, 3 years and several Disney vacations later, he actually enjoys our Disney vacations. He doesn't like to go yearly because he prefers relaxing vacations, and I'm a park-to-close type of person, but we just do the cruises then (I got him hooked on those too! haha). I've gone to WDW and Disneyland without him a few times too, which is just as fun. I typically do different things when I vacation without him.

Honestly, if you do online dating, I don't think you'd need to use a Disney-centered site. Just make your profile reflect your love of Disney and I think that'll naturally weed out the staunch, anti-Disney/theme park people. Everyone else will know what they signed up for and will hopefully be open-minded about vacationing at Disney. That's what I did, at least. :)

This is so true!

My husband had never even heard of Disney World before I met him! He grew up in a tiny town of less than 200 people in Montana, with no cable, and attended a one room school from kinder to 8th grade. He’s my polar opposite in almost every way imaginable, from our obvious physical and cultural differences, to upbringing and interests. However, I LOVE Disney and was confident that I could convince him to at least tolerate it, haha.

Our relationship went fast - he flew me to meet his mom in Montana 3 months in, and after that, I planned a Disney trip for the following year and paid for everything. I didn't want him to think about cost (especially since his closest basis for comparison were county fairs in Washington). I just wanted to get him hooked on Disney first. It could not have gone better! He's an engineer and was so impressed with the animatronics and all the other tech-y stuff. I went all out and booked the best restaurants, so he raved about the food everywhere. Now, 3 years and several Disney vacations later, he actually enjoys our Disney vacations. He doesn't like to go yearly because he prefers relaxing vacations, and I'm a park-to-close type of person, but we just do the cruises then (I got him hooked on those too! haha). I've gone to WDW and Disneyland without him a few times too, which is just as fun. I typically do different things when I vacation without him.

Honestly, if you do online dating, I don't think you'd need to use a Disney-centered site. Just make your profile reflect your love of Disney and I think that'll naturally weed out the staunch, anti-Disney/theme park people. Everyone else will know what they signed up for and will hopefully be open-minded about vacationing at Disney. That's what I did, at least. :)
Yeah I hear you. My ex for seven years would go with me on my Disney trips just because of my love for Disney. But like three years into the relationship he came clean and told me that he really didn’t like Disney he just came with me to make me happy. But I don’t want to take someone that doesn’t really want to be there.

Wow I can’t believe your husband never heard of Disney World… That’s crazy talk! But see? It’s a good thing you took him and showed him everything that you thought he would like, or be impressed with. It made him like it that much more. And yes cruises, I love cruises. I would definitely do one week on a cruise for the vacation each year and one week on a Disney vacation as well. I’m glad you got your husband converted. Disney is so important to me. It just comes naturally to me. I’ve been thinking of online dating but I just don’t know. I’m on mousemingle.com but that’s about it. I’m kind of scared of Tinder. And yes my profile already expresses how much I love Disney. But then again I am on a Disney dating site ha ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter