disney deluxe dining child vs adult credit

neville04

Mouseketeer
For the deluxe dining plan - do the child and adult credits all go into one general bank and can be dispersed however or do they break it down between child and adult credits?

According to Disney's site, a child must order of the child's menu if one is offered. It also states that "Meals are non-transferable between party members".

Although it may state what maxiesmom says, they are pooled and can be shared. Child credits do not need to be redeemed for child meals and can be used for adults. I had the deluxe plan last month and on a couple occasions, my waiter/waitress tried to talk me into getting adult meals for my daughter who was 8 and turned 9 during the trip.

Although it may state what maxiesmom says, they are pooled and can be shared. Child credits do not need to be redeemed for child meals and can be used for adults. I had the deluxe plan last month and on a couple occasions, my waiter/waitress tried to talk me into getting adult meals for my daughter who was 8 and turned 9 during the trip.

What you can do though is not always what you are supposed to do. Disney clearly states they are not to be shared. If someone wants to do otherwise, or a CM offers, that is their choice. But you may run into CMs that go by the rules.

What you can do though is not always what you are supposed to do. Disney clearly states they are not to be shared. If someone wants to do otherwise, or a CM offers, that is their choice. But you may run into CMs that go by the rules.

I called Disney and the rep called the hotel front desk for clarification, only on the deluxe dining plan are the credits pooled and can be used how ever . We have friends coming down to meet us and we can share credits - and the deluxe plan includes an appetizer with our meal as well!! If we were on the Reg dining plan they said the credits are not pooled but still can be shared and it says that on their site. Also the Reg dining plan does not come with an appetizer!

Thank you :)

I called Disney and the rep called the hotel front desk for clarification, only on the deluxe dining plan are the credits pooled and can be used how ever . We have friends coming down to meet us and we can share credits - and the deluxe plan includes an appetizer with our meal as well!! If we were on the Reg dining plan they said the credits are not pooled but still can be shared and it says that on their site. Also the Reg dining plan does not come with an appetizer!

Thank you :)

The phone people are not accurate all of the time, just sayin they have been known to give out bad info.

Their own web site states something quite different, so it pays to be aware that there may be some rules. If they are enforced or not, who knows. As with many things it can depend on the CM you are dealing with.

They are pooled on the deluxe plan. You just have X number of meals - not adult meals and kid meals, just meals. Most restaurants will make children order from the children's menu. However, if the kids aren't with you, or if some of the adults are going to split up and do some dinners separately, the other adults can use those credits for adult meals. We have the deluxe plan on our trip next month. My parents and in-laws are doing some dinners without us and the kids a few nights, and they are using some of our kids' credits. Our kids are small and we don't end up using all of theirs.

We are there in 10 days I will report back and take a pic of the receipt with the printed credits on it

Again, just telling you what Disney's own web site states. I wouldn't be surprised if things vary, but I also wouldn't be surprised if someone runs into a CM who is a stickler.

Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
With your Deluxe Disney Dining Plan, for each night of your package, each Guest in your party (ages 3 and up) receives:

3 Meals
Choose from select Walt Disney World Resort table-service or quick-service restaurants for all 3 of your meals.

Each adult or child table-service meal includes:
1 appetizer (lunch and dinner only), 1 entrée and 1 dessert (lunch and dinner only)
1 single-serving, non-alcoholic beverage
Or
1 full buffet

Each quick-service meal includes:
1 entrée or 1 complete combo meal
1 single-serving, non-alcoholic beverage

2 Snacks
Examples of snacks are:
1 frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single-serving box), single-serving bag of snacks, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, 22-oz. fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea, single-serving prepackaged milk or juice

Children ages 3-9 must order from a Children's Menu where available. Plan must be purchased for entire length of stay and for the entire party (ages 3+). Meals are non-transferable between party members and expire at midnight on day of check-out.

Children ages 3-9 must order from a Children's Menu where available. Plan must be purchased for entire length of stay and for the entire party (ages 3+). Meals are non-transferable between party members and expire at midnight on day of check-out.

I understand this is what is on their own website, but they have NO WAY of controlling which members of the party are using which credits, especially when they are lumped into one big total (unless they start dividing meal credits by each party member individually).

For instance, we have 9 people in our room for next month, all on the deluxe dining plan. On the Monday of our trip, my husband, the kids and I are having breakfast at CP; my parents and in-laws are having breakfast at Kona. That same day, my husband the kids and I have dinner at Skipper Canteen, and the parents have dinner at Narcoossee's. Are our kids ordering kids' meals? Yes. But our kids also aren't eating 3 TS meals a day. So some of the credits our parents are using for their 2-credit Narcoossee's meal are coming from the ones for our 3 kids. The kids aren't with them at dinner - the servers have no way of knowing where those credits are coming from.

So I stand by what I said: Expect to have to order from the kids' menu for your kids when they are with you. But the credits are NOT divided by adult/child on the deluxe plan, so if the adults want to use more of the credits than the kids, they can. You can also choose to use the credits for the adults in your party and pay OOP for the child meal.

I understand this is what is on their own website, but they have NO WAY of controlling which members of the party are using which credits, especially when they are lumped into one big total.

For instance, we have 9 people in our room for next month, all on the deluxe dining plan. On the Monday of our trip, my husband, the kids and I are having breakfast at CP; my parents and in-laws are having breakfast at Kona. That same day, my husband the kids and I have dinner at Skipper Canteen, and the parents have dinner at Narcoossee's. Are our kids ordering kids' meals? Yes. But our kids also aren't eating 3 TS meals a day. So some of the credits our parents are using for their 2-credit Narcoossee's meal are coming from the ones for our 3 kids. The kids aren't with them at dinner - the servers have no way of knowing where those credits are coming from.

So I stand by what I said: Expect to have to order from the kids' menu for your kids when they are with you. But the credits are NOT divided by adult/child on the deluxe plan, so if the adults want to use more of the credits than the kids, they can. You can also choose to use the credits for the adults in your party and pay OOP for the child meal.

To me it is a case of Disney telling you what the rules are. If someone chooses to take advantage of a loop hole when it is clear that is not what is intended, that is their decision.

To me it is a case of Disney telling you what the rules are. If someone chooses to take advantage of a loop hole when it is clear that is not what is intended, that is their decision.

With the deluxe plan, you likely aren't saving any money. Which is probably why Disney has chosen not to divide the credits by adults versus child. They divide them on all of the other plans, but the deluxe plan really isn't designed to save money. My kids (ages 4, 4, and 5) on the deluxe plan eat 1 TS breakfast and 1 TS dinner each day. So that 3rd credit, which we paid for, gets used by one of the other adults staying in our room. I see no harm in that. We just paid $3000 for 4 nights on a deluxe dining plan. Disney isn't losing money. If they were, they would divide the meals just like on all the other plans.

With the deluxe plan, you likely aren't saving any money. Which is probably why Disney has chosen not to divide the credits by adults versus child. They divide them on all of the other plans, but the deluxe plan really isn't designed to save money. My kids (ages 4, 4, and 5) on the deluxe plan eat 1 TS breakfast and 1 TS dinner each day. So that 3rd credit, which we paid for, gets used by one of the other adults staying in our room. I see no harm in that. We just paid $3000 for 4 nights on a deluxe dining plan. Disney isn't losing money. If they were, they would divide the meals just like on all the other plans.

Again, I'm just going by what is quoted on Disney's own web site. If you are not following their instructions, you are not using the plan in the way it is intended to be used.

I'm going to go ahead and un-watch this thread. People are free to do what they want.

Which is probably why Disney has chosen not to divide the credits by adults versus child.
No, Disney doesn't separate the credits because they can be redeemed for quick service meals, and some quick service restaurants don't have children's menus. It's the same reason quick service credits aren't separated.

With the deluxe plan, you likely aren't saving any money.
The deluxe plan is actually the one plan with the most potential to save money. Disney has advertised the QS, DDP, and DxDP as saving "up to" 10%, 15%, and 25%, respectively. You're paying $106 per night per adult, and $38 per night per child. So, if you're using child credits for adult meals, you're basically stealing $68 per child per night.

No, Disney doesn't separate the credits because they can be redeemed for quick service meals, and some quick service restaurants don't have children's menus. It's the same reason quick service credits aren't separated.

The deluxe plan is actually the one plan with the most potential to save money. Disney has advertised the QS, DDP, and DxDP as saving "up to" 10%, 15%, and 25%, respectively. You're paying $106 per night per adult, and $38 per night per child. So, if you're using child credits for adult meals, you're basically stealing $68 per child per night.

QS credits aren't separated because there is no such thing as a QS credit on the deluxe plan.

We aren't stealing anything. If two deluxe credits (1 adult and 1 child) are being used for one adult meal, that's $144 for one day. Nothing my parents are ordering at Narcoossee's costs anywhere that much, so Disney actually is NOT losing any money. We also use deluxe credits for QS frequently, which balances it out. And if they didn't want people to do it, they would change the system.

The OP wasn't asking about the morality of using a child credit for an adult meal. They were asking if the credits are all pooled together - which they are.

We pay frequently OOP on our trips, and eat 2-3 TS meals a day, and we spend far less than what the deluxe plan costs.

I understand this is what is on their own website, but they have NO WAY of controlling which members of the party are using which credits, especially when they are lumped into one big total (unless they start dividing meal credits by each party member individually).

I wonder if anyone else has an image of a recent D+DDP receipt to illustrate this point? This, presumably "official" Disney response, seems to confirm the notion that child and adult credits are actually separately calculated.

I just changed a reservation for our trip coming up next week (yay!) which eliminates 4 children's credits because we're going to use a childcare center in lieu of a signature reservation. (BTW: Thanks to the Signature Service CM who recommended my husband and I go to dinner alone one night! He said the kids will like the activity center more than Jiko... ) So now I'm trying to figure out how we'll use those extra credits.

As an aside, the concern about this being a moral question seems perfectly reasonable to me, but maybe a little misplaced in this case. I certainly don't want to try to take something that isn't appropriate - I don't think most other people do either. If the non-transferability were completely strict then you wouldn't be able to share credits with people outside your room.

QS credits aren't separated because there is no such thing as a QS credit on the deluxe plan.

QS credits on the QSDP are also pooled and may be used the same way the DxDDP credits are being discussed here, but the brochure says the same thing about ordering a kid's meal and not transferable...what does that mean anyway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter