***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DsnyDrmr

My DH calls it OCD; I call it effective planning ;
Tricialiv said:
How do you get the design to print mirror image? Thanks for the help! All the designs are amazing. I'm going to be learning and hoping to post some designs soon.

Look in your printer set-up screen. There should be an option to select mirror image--at least that's what mine does.

Here is another design i was workin on today. I just love Alice in Wonderland.
alice2.jpg

...An this one was from the other day!
newdisneycastle2.jpg

Question
(all I ever have is questions!! :( )

anyway... has anyone printed the elaborate picture ones? I was showing dh the pictures, and my techy dh was saying that some of the beautiful castle, and "park" pictures wont come out on the transfer...

So, I'm brainstorming now, if its just a matter of "our" printer, can I take it to a Kinko's and get it to come out in all its colorful glory??

TIA

My picture of stitch loose in the park (see below) turned out a lot clearer than the most of my designs that had clip art in them due to resizing and such.

My transfer looked identical to the pic below. The font came out a lot clearer on the shirt though.

47b5d911b3127cce937464313e0a00000005108AZNWzVm5cN-

TigerCheer2009 said:
Question! How many shirts does one package of powdered RIT dye do?

I plan on doing two sets of shirts: We're going to do a lime green Pop Century shirt with the POP Mickey Mouse head logo (from Midnite) on the front with our names under it in Diner font...and J and N's mom's Twister POP Mat for the back! (Thanks for that, really!!)

The next set is using Midnite's Incredibles postings (awesome by the way, thank you!!!) and J and N's mom's lime green mickey heads. The lime green mickeys say my Screenname on them and above say "Relation of a" and below "Super DISer." Tie dye will be limited to four colors...any good ideas for color?

TIA!
Well, honestly, I'd avoid RIT altogether. It's not permanent so it fades badly and it's hard to get good saturated color in the first place.

You should use fiber reactive dyes, one of the most common ones being Procion dyes. You can find a kit at many craft stores that comes with 3 colors (that can be mixed) or you can buy them individually. I've seen the kit at Michael's and A.C.Moore, but only found the dyes individually at A.C.Moore. I order mine online from the Dharma Trading Company, who has an awesome set of instructions on their website, as well as the other supplies you'll need like urea and soda ash. I also usually get my blanks from them since they have such a wide variety of white cotton....

Company site: http://www.dharmatrading.com/

Tie-Dye instructions: http://www.dharmatrading.com/tie-dye/instructions.html

Someone did a design that said had tink 'leaning' on the wording and it said 'Mood subject to change without notice'. The design was purple background with blue and yellow lettering.

I saved it but mine is blurry. Now, I can't find the original.

Does anyone remember who designed it???

I'm not sure who orignially posted this design (sorry :blush: ) but I loved it! I did a little tweaking on it so that it would fit our family though, hope that's ok. Here's the result.

disney05.jpg

I can't wait to put this on our shirts! :Pinkbounc However, I can not find in my printer options how to set up a mirror image. :confused3 Could I do this in Paint Shop Pro and save the image that way and then print it? Also, do regular printers work or will I need a photo printer to do this?

Thanks for to all of the wonderful people who make and share these designs with all of us!! :love:

okay - who wanted Minnie and Mickey on harleys

I know I did the Mickey one - look what I found at my grocery bakery tonight

b7_1_b.JPG

came home to look for a goo picture online and none of them are big enough -
I think if you go to the bakery they will sell you the pieces without the cake - not sure how mcuh -

anyway - I am not going to buy it but if someone wants to and takes a great picture of it - and emails it to me I will make the minnie harley shirt

jaame said:
I'm not sure who orignially posted this design (sorry :blush: ) but I loved it! I did a little tweaking on it so that it would fit our family though, hope that's ok. Here's the result.

disney05.jpg

I can't wait to put this on our shirts! :Pinkbounc However, I can not find in my printer options how to set up a mirror image. :confused3 Could I do this in Paint Shop Pro and save the image that way and then print it? Also, do regular printers work or will I need a photo printer to do this?

Thanks for to all of the wonderful people who make and share these designs with all of us!! :love:

Could you post a girl figure and boy figure separately with no text. They are so cute!!!

Here's one of the shirts we finished today:
P1000551.jpg

It looks better than the photo came out. It says "Mission Mickey". DS10 is thrilled with it! The design is from Midnite's site.

My apologies for not taking a better picture but it's past my bedtime and I need to tear myself away from this thread! I've checked it way too many times today. :wave2:

Belle0101 said:
P1000551.jpg

It looks better than the photo came out. It says "Mission Mickey". DS10 is thrilled with it! The design is from Midnite's site.

My apologies for not taking a better picture but it's past my bedtime and I need to tear myself away from this thread! I've checked it way too many times today. :wave2:

That turned out great! My 9 year old would love that design, especially being on an orange t-shirt.

Belle - that does look awesome!!

Okay everyone

LISTEN UP!!!

I have two very important announecments:

1. Baloo is working on a design gallery for us - if you want your designs included - you must email her the URL - she will be posting her email
shortly!! If you don't post it now - you will be sad when it goes up and your shirts aren't in there!!! Of course -we can add on to it later!!

2. I want to know when you will all be in WDW wearing these shirts!! So let's all post our dates and if you want your resort!

I'll start: Oct 7-16 Wilderness Lodge Villas

We'll be in Disney Oct. 6-13. We're staying offsite at Windsor Palms.

I was not the original designer of the picture I posted so I will *hope* that they post a URL because I love that design.

Belle0101 said:
P1000551.jpg

I bought my DH an orange tank top this weekend with that exact design in mind--ooh, it looks awesome, will be doing mine this week.

Good idea Kate. We are going to the world October 15-24. Our plans right now include the Happy to be in Disney/ Grumpy because I got the bill shirt; the Indiana Jones shirt; the Evolution of Mickey; and the Steamboat Mickey shirt (big surprise). We're still two months out, I think there will be more shirt ideas coming through, so this is subject to change.

Thanks all for your great ideas - keep 'em coming!

DDA,

Marti

julia & nicks mom said:
2. I want to know when you will all be in WDW wearing these shirts!! So let's all post our dates and if you want your resort!

I'll start: Oct 7-16 Wilderness Lodge Villas

We will be there Jan. 9-13, 2006 but not sure where we are staying yet.

We are going Dec. 9-17 and staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins. There are so many designs that I have no idea which ones we will end up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts