Disney Dining Plan 2020 - are some restaurants no longer accepted?

Soccer Fan

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are tossing around the idea to use the Disney Dining Plan for the first time for our upcoming November 2020 trip. When looking at menus tonight, it appeared that a lot of restaurants are no longer participating for 2020 (Homecomin', Enzo's Hideaway, Maria & Enzo's, Morimoto Asia, San Angel Inn, Teppan Edo, Via Napoli, to name a few) that I thought were part of the plan in the past. It seems like Disney Springs and Epcot establishments specifically. Is this a new change or did I misread/misunderstand the fine print?

Again we were considering the DDP but will probably not go with it if so many restaurants no longer participate. Can anyone shed some light on this? Sorry if this has been addressed already, I couldn't find the answer in the forum.

Seems like they've changed the lineup. They have the 2020 dining plan filter active when you search for restaurants and some of the choices don't seem to be offering it anymore. I do remember seeing those restaurants before as being on DDP when I was looking at menus as well.

This happens every year. The non-Disney owned restaurants have to sign their contracts with Disney dining. In all the years of dining plans, I think the ONLY restaurant that went off the list was Fulton's and they came back on about two years after going off.

If they were on the 2019 list, it's 99.9% likely that they will be on the 2020 list.

This happens every year. The non-Disney owned restaurants have to sign their contracts with Disney dining. In all the years of dining plans, I think the ONLY restaurant that went off the list was Fulton's and they came back on about two years after going off.

If they were on the 2019 list, it's 99.9% likely that they will be on the 2020 list.

STK is gone

If we have a reservation for one of these places within the next week and were planning on using dining plan should we be looking for alternate reservations or will they honor while contracts are worked out? Hopefully someone has experience with this, although I'm not stressed too much about it

I just cancelled our Teppan Edo reservations because it appears that they are no longer on the dining plan. Between that and the adult/child credits no longer being pooled, Disney is really throwing a wrench in our upcoming trip!!

Wow... I just looked at the list and there are a lot of restaurants dropping off. I guess we're not going to go with the dining plan. Many that are no longer included are our favorites at Epcot (Via Napoli, La Hacienda, Chefs de France, Teppen Edo, Tutto Italia,...).

Does this have anything to do with all of the changes at Epcot?
TIA

Where is this list you are looking at? We just snagged the free dining package and will probably need to do a little switch-a-roo with reservations...

Wow! I verified that list against the Disney site, and it appears accurate. I know they have to sign new contracts, but this seems extremely limited! The QS plan hardly has any EPCOT world showcase options or DS options. Not to mention the missing TS options everywhere. I sincerely hope they add more. Yikes. That drastically changes my calculations.

Last edited:
Wow... I just looked at the list and there are a lot of restaurants dropping off. I guess we're not going to go with the dining plan. Many that are no longer included are our favorites at Epcot (Via Napoli, La Hacienda, Chefs de France, Teppen Edo, Tutto Italia,...).

TIA
Where is this list you are looking at? We just snagged the free dining package and will probably need to do a little switch-a-roo with reservations...
Wow! I verified that list against the Disney site, and it appears accurate. I know they have to sign new contracts, but this seems extremely limited! The QS plan hardly has any EPCOT world showcase options or DS options. Not to mention the missing TS options everywhere. I sincerely hope they add more. Yikes. That drastically changes my calculations.

Please hear this again. This happens EVERY January. There is no reason for alarm. All of the restaurants that were on the 2019 plan are still accepting the dining plan. If they weren't, we all would have seen MANY reports from those that are there now. Expect the PDF to be updated later this month or next.

Good to know, thanks!

I understand this happens every year. The thing is, we go in less than 3 weeks. I have ADRs booked for restaurants that aren't on the current on dining plan lists. If I need to make changes I'd like to do them now.
Disney should have this sorted out before Jan 1st.

TIA

no Chefs or La Hacienda 😭😭😭 no dining plan for me next time then!

Really, this will be a non event shortly. Anyone canceling adrs based on an incomplete list is just foolish.

once the contracts are fully signed, then the materials have to be updated and published. This takes time, during a period when mist business offices typically shut down.

if you feel the need to make alternative plans, go for it. But you will regret not listening.

This really does happen every year. The restaurants will honor the dining plans until their contracts are signed. A month from now the list will be more complete. Have great trips!!

This is what I wanted to confirm. We will be there next Thursday and had a lunch reservation for Morimoto. So, it sounds like the dining plan will still be honored during this transition period when contracts haven’t been signed?

ETA: the app does show “Accepted Dining Plans - 2020 Deluxe Dining, 2020 Dining Plan”

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter