Disney Dining Plan 2020 - are some restaurants no longer accepted?

There is no fanfare as contracts are updated. Again, other than once a very very long time ago, no restaurant has ever declined to rejoin the dining plan. It makes zero sense when the dining plan saturation point is so high.

FWIW--I called Disney Dining this morning with a few questions, and the cast member seemed surprised that Chefs de France was still listed as "Dining Plans Not Accepted". She said that if they weren't renewed by December 31st, they aren't renewing. Disney Springs might take longer, she said, but not an Epcot restaurant. We have a reservation this Saturday that we're going to keep either way, so we'll see what happens.

My husband and I are tossing around the idea to use the Disney Dining Plan for the first time for our upcoming November 2020 trip. When looking at menus tonight, it appeared that a lot of restaurants are no longer participating for 2020 (Homecomin', Enzo's Hideaway, Maria & Enzo's, Morimoto Asia, San Angel Inn, Teppan Edo, Via Napoli, to name a few) that I thought were part of the plan in the past. It seems like Disney Springs and Epcot establishments specifically. Is this a new change or did I misread/misunderstand the fine print?

Again we were considering the DDP but will probably not go with it if so many restaurants no longer participate. Can anyone shed some light on this? Sorry if this has been addressed already, I couldn't find the answer in the forum.

I saw Homecomin, Teppan edo, San Angel Inn and Morimoto Asia listed.

All not owned by Disney. It just takes time for the non-owned by Disney to finalize the contracts and then update the materials

I just looked up Teppen Edo because it was our favorite last time...and its still on the Disney dining plan and the Deluxe dining plan.

We love the dining plans so I hope they don't start dropping all the really awesome restaurants.

FWIW--I called Disney Dining this morning with a few questions, and the cast member seemed surprised that Chefs de France was still listed as "Dining Plans Not Accepted". She said that if they weren't renewed by December 31st, they aren't renewing. Disney Springs might take longer, she said, but not an Epcot restaurant. We have a reservation this Saturday that we're going to keep either way, so we'll see what happens.
Chefs is now listed as accepting the dining plans.

It’s just paperwork that is being finalized. If a restaurant was dropping out of the dining plans we would have heard all about it and that restaurant would most likely tank without ddp guests

It would be nice if Disney found a different designation for the "paperwork" time period than just showing on MDE that no dining plans are accepted. It would help to avoid this confusion every year.

Slowly but surely they are being updated

I really hate the angst this causes folks. It’s really easy to say no worries! When it’s not your $$ on the line

I'm curious about what's going on with Pizzafari Family Dining. In December the Disney website showed they were already cleared for a quick service credit on the 2020 DDP, but now they're showing dining plans not accepted. I know it takes some restaurants a while to re-up, but this one is owned by Disney, right? And was previously showing as already on the 2020 plan. Not sure what's happening there.

I'm curious about what's going on with Pizzafari Family Dining. In December the Disney website showed they were already cleared for a quick service credit on the 2020 DDP, but now they're showing dining plans not accepted. I know it takes some restaurants a while to re-up, but this one is owned by Disney, right? And was previously showing as already on the 2020 plan. Not sure what's happening there.

Been watching that one too, I have a reservation already and the email confirmation has 2020 QS dinning plan accepted but the website since changed. I am thinking its a glitch because the non-family dinning Pizzafari page also said dinning plans not accepted up until a week ago but now says they are accepted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter