Disney Dining Plan & Credit Card Points

reinmcha

Earning My Ears
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience paying for the Disney Dining Plan with a credit card for points/cashback? Some credit cards offer as much as 5% back on restaurants and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with how the Disney Dining Plan has been categorized by their credit card companies. As a travel expense? A restaurant? Miscellaneous?

I would call individual card companies to ask, but I'm afraid they'll misunderstand the question. I can see how "disney dining" might elicit a response such as "Dining? Oh yes, any sit down restaurant or fast food will count for that category"

Any experience, insight, or other resources are greatly appreciated. Thank You!

I doubt it'll get classified as restaurant expense. It's part of an overall travel package price, and not charged separately from room or tickets.

Maybe a DDP add-on to a DVC stay might qualify, but a regular hotel package, I just can't see it.

I would also assume it would go under travel. It shows up as a WDW resort reservation on your credit card statement.

DDP is a hotel charge, not a restaurant charge. Credit cards won't recognize it for restaurant cashback.

I highly doubt it would be classified as "restaurants" on any rewards credit card.
It would be classified more likely as "travel/hotel" since you're booking it as part of a vacation package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter