Disney Dining Recommendations

auntiemare

Mouseketeer
hi! My parents are going into the Orlando area next week for a getaway. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for Disney dining or non-Disney dining outside of the parks that normally you would not go with children. They have always gone with our family with children and so normally we do character dining. They are looking for mid price range probably for lunch. Any recommendations are appreciated.

I think most Disney restaurants are going to be places people at least sometimes take kids, although when you go and where you go I'm sure that varies.

Dining at a Disney resort for lunch is a good option because no park ticket required and they will be less crowded with most folks at the parks during the day. Disney Springs is another good option. There are so many places to pick from! Even some in the Boardwalk area. Not sure if they would want to purchase a park ticket just to get to a restaurant - maybe I'm misunderstanding that though!

Saana at Animal Kingdom Lodge is the first thing that comes to mind. They can see all the animals while they eat, I hear the bread service alone is worth a visit too!

Raglan Road at Disney Springs is another place that seems to come highly rated for food and atmosphere. Or Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'.

There are lots of signature options of course but that is what I could think of in the mid price range territory!

I think most Disney restaurants are going to be places people at least sometimes take kids, although when you go and where you go I'm sure that varies.

Dining at a Disney resort for lunch is a good option because no park ticket required and they will be less crowded with most folks at the parks during the day. Disney Springs is another good option. There are so many places to pick from! Even some in the Boardwalk area. Not sure if they would want to purchase a park ticket just to get to a restaurant - maybe I'm misunderstanding that though!

Saana at Animal Kingdom Lodge is the first thing that comes to mind. They can see all the animals while they eat, I hear the bread service alone is worth a visit too!

Raglan Road at Disney Springs is another place that seems to come highly rated for food and atmosphere. Or Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'.

There are lots of signature options of course but that is what I could think of in the mid price range territory!

It doesn't have to necessarily be "kid free"...just something other than character dining that has really good food where there are not as many children. Thank you for the recommendations!

Check the restaurants and menus at Disney Springs to see what might appeal to your parents' tastes. Same for the resort hotels.

Here's hoping they have fun wherever they wind up!

Check the restaurants and menus at Disney Springs to see what might appeal to your parents' tastes. Same for the resort hotels.

Here's hoping they have fun wherever they wind up!

Thanks. I am just mainly wanting to know if anyone has been somewhere that is really good but it may not be a super popular place and is under the radar.

Thanks. I am just mainly wanting to know if anyone has been somewhere that is really good but it may not be a super popular place and is under the radar.

I don't know your parent's likes and dislikes but we enjoyed Wine Bar George @ DS and Geyser Point @ WL (nice place to relax when visiting MK) as reasonably priced eats with a great bang for the buck. Eating a late lunch at Morimoto Asia was also satisfying. RR met our "return to with ease" thoughts but I wouldn't say it was exactly under the radar.

Raglan Road at Disney Springs is another place that seems to come highly rated for food and atmosphere.
Both great recommendations!!

Saana does have great food and the bread service is awesome. They could also try Jiko for a little more upscale dining.

We tried Raglan Road our last trip and loved it! Such a fun place. It was super crowded though so they'd want to ask for the side dining areas if they don't want to yell at each other over their dinner. You can also reserve a table on Open Table so they can always cancel if it doesn't seem like their thing with no fees.

+1 for Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'. The service and food there are outstanding. The manager there even recommended Raglan Road as being phenomenal as well.

I have been looking at Johnny's hideaway in the crossroads near Disney springs hotels. Menu looks great and prices not bad. Non Disney and not far

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter