Disney Dining Show on hiatus?

Lizgistix

resorts fan
Is the Disney Dining Show on hiatus due to covid? Haven't seen it pop up in my podcast list of new showsl.

Disney just signed a statement of understanding\_contract agreement with an actor's union. The dining shows have been cancelled, but I would think with the,agreement, perhaps they will open, soon???

I think it is on hiatus right now. I know Ryno has been to the parks but he also has stated he's really trying to be distant from crowds. I noticed all the shows in the last week or so have been in house ( vs. in a park ). With so much closed I can see it's not a priority at the moment for the team, but I am looking forward to them coming back.

While listening to the most recent episode of the DVC Show podcast, Pete mentioned he had a horrible experience with social distancing at The Boathouse and I'm guessing that's probably when the Disney dining Show episodes stopped.

This is a valid question and request, I really hope they come back soon, now that the parks are open there is no reason why they couldn't, hopefully we can get an answer from a member of the DIS staff? I would love to see how the current dining experiences that are open look like, this would be especially helpful for anyone considering/planning a trip to WDW in the coming months!

I don’t see it coming back for awhile in the full scale format. Several of the team are still being cautious. Maybe one of the couples could do a mini version in the future if they are already out and about.

Filming and taking photos while eating would mean additional time without their masks. For a team review, it also means being close contact with others from various households sans mask. They also used to share, split and sample each other’s plates or steal a sip of a specialty drink. Even if they asked the server for 57 extra clean forks, they would still be passing plates around the table so still not ideal. That banter of disagreeing on a dish was part of the entertainment.

So I think it’s in wait and see mode.

Remember when Ryno and Craig would “lady and the tramp” things? Were we ever so young and carefree?

The show doesn't need to be just reviews. There are lots of other discussions that could be had centered around dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!