Disney dinning

wildwood

DIS Veteran
As the title says Disney dinning , first time for us next year and just wondering if there is anything I should know .

Thanks x

What do you want to know? Lots of folks here will be able to give you advice or suggestions based on their experiences.

Mrs TT

If you want lots of sit down meals (which you’d likely need to book in advance to secure a table) then deluxe dining.

If you want some sit down meals but not for every meal then standard has one sit down meal, one counter service and 2 snack credits.

If you would rather have counter service (so don’t really have to book in advance) then quick service dining plan gives 2 quick service meals plus the 2 snacks

Depends on your party (number of adults, kids?). Do you want to maximise time in park so grab something on the go or sit down and relax? Do you want to do character meals (which usually count as one table credit and would be on the standard plan but NOT the quick service).

As a family of 2 adults and 2 children we LOVE the dining plan!

It works really well for us as we enjoy a sit down meal meal each day as a bit of time out and knowing that all our food is paid for is great!

The first time we had DP we booked a lot of character dining inc CRT and Chef Mickey's, next time we are trying new restaurants.

I am also planning on recording the cost of each quick serv, sit down and snacks to see if it's actually worth it. IMO it is but I just wanna see how much it is paying OOP :)

A LOT of the fun is planning and looking at menus for restaurants beforehand.
And be prepared to bring home lots of snacks from leftover credits :love:

I had the standard dining plan once and I found it was too much food. Dessert at every meal is nice for a glutton like me, but after a week I was ready for a salad :)
The main problem is that it is unflexible. If you want an appetizer and skip the dessert, you cannot make a substitution, you have to pay for it.
I have read, however, an interesting strategy: book one night at the beginning of the stay, buy the deluxe plan for that one night and use the three credits over 2 days for the most expensive meals (character meals are the best value). Then you also have the refillable mugh for the rest of the vacation. It seems a smart plan, I'll probably do it next year.

We're huge fans of the DDP but we have only had the QS plan. It worked well for two adults in their early 20s who were on the go the whole time but would love to try the 'table service' sometime and 'enjoy' our meals a bit more.

Dining plans give you the 'all inclusive' feel. Going in September on the regular dining plan for the first time, as opposed to QS, can't wait!!! Just in time for Food and wine festival too, best use of snack credits!

Does the Florida dining plan work the same as Paris as in if we got say quick service plan but wanted to eat in Beast Castle and a few character places can we use the QS points or whatever towards the meal in the sit down places?

Does the Florida dining plan work the same as Paris as in if we got say quick service plan but wanted to eat in Beast Castle and a few character places can we use the QS points or whatever towards the meal in the sit down places?

I don't know how the system works in DLP but the WDW system is that you get QS and/or TS credits, depending which plan you have. QS can not be used at TS restaurants and vice versa.

The regular dining plan gives one QS and one TS credit per night, plus snacks (2, I believe) and a refillable mug.

I don't know how the system works in DLP but the WDW system is that you get QS and/or TS credits, depending which plan you have. QS can not be used at TS restaurants and vice versa.

The regular dining plan gives one QS and one TS credit per night, plus snacks (2, I believe) and a refillable mug.
Ok thanks. I’ll have to look at where we might want to make reservations does the Character dining fall under ts

You can eat at BOG breakfast or lunch on a QS credit
If you can get a reservation for it :rotfl2:I’ve been trying last few days and literally by the time the list comes up for me the times are gone :(

I found a BOG reservation with no problems and it was less than 180 days out, I even swapped days when I was able to snag a CRT breakfast reservation for our first day. You just have to keep looking and it might pop up if someone cancels. You can also try the Touring plans reservation finder, which will email you if they find a reservation.

Is Boma breakfast a good use of quick service or am I better off paying separately and using quick service in the parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!